PDA

View Full Version : Fined For Re Badging !?

maloo97
10th September 2005, 05:55 PM
Hey guys today i got pulled over by the people in blue and got a warning / notice.

They told me you are not aloud to re badge a car. blah blah blah.
She also said if dont put my original holden badges back on my car and i am caught again i would be fined $550 and the car would be defected.

1) Are they telling me the truth ??
2) Can this happen ? ?
3) Has this happened b4 ? ?
4) Whats doing ? ?

Yustra
10th September 2005, 06:36 PM
A 1st for me, I dont think it matters

unless a new law has come out I'll be baffled

Just another ignorant cop looking for an excuse to pull someone over

1OPL2C
10th September 2005, 06:45 PM
you do have original badges on.. its a real opel

Namus
10th September 2005, 06:59 PM
you do have original badges on.. its a real opel

haha lol; that's the call i'd use... :D :D :D

Well, go and tell the copper to pull over/fine all of his buddies with Chev badges on the SS commonwhores...

Shaun
10th September 2005, 07:13 PM
No such law. Holden should be copying fines all the time under that theory....

Nem
10th September 2005, 07:44 PM
Show them the sticker on the inside of the door. Mine says OPEL.

Alfonzo
10th September 2005, 07:55 PM
I've had many a police car up my arse, and none have wanted to pull me over regarding my lack of Holden badges.

Sounds odd... I'd be contacting the police station over this matter, can you report back with what you end up doing?

diesel
10th September 2005, 07:56 PM
Maloo97...sounds like they got you hook, line, and sinker. There is no such law, and I would think they were just having a some fun making you think it is an offence. Don't read too much into what they said, it just sounds like a gee-up to me.

aussie_in_london
10th September 2005, 08:44 PM
mate just an excuse to put you off moding your car, remember they are trying still to still stamp our street racing and the such, what if you debadge your car totally is that also a crime, "excuse me son what car do you have there, it has no badging, thats a $1000 fine please on the spot" not like your driving around without number plates, bit over the top must be young highway patrol knob jockies, not even popular wit hthe rest of the force.
If any are checking out the site, yes you guys are knob jockies and even your own think the same lol come and get me lol

i have irmscher on the back of mine is that also breaking the law lol

maloo97
10th September 2005, 10:51 PM
Yes guys does sound quite odd.
I will be going to the 10c shop tomorrow to follow it up and see whats doing.
Like Namus said.

haha lol; that's the call i'd use... :D :D :D

Well, go and tell the copper to pull over/fine all of his buddies with Chev badges on the SS commonwhores...

Namus
11th September 2005, 01:27 PM
an act only becomes something "against the law" when it harms someone, or has the potential to harm someone....lowered cars, speeding etc

re-badging? uh, no.

Didz
11th September 2005, 01:27 PM
I've been RBT'd a few times since i opelised, never had a problem.

Namus
11th September 2005, 01:29 PM
by "lowered", i meant ridiculously lowered...like chassis-touching-ground lowered...

i've had cops drive past me with my opel badges and have never ever gotten even a 1st-look let alone a 2nd...

maloo97
11th September 2005, 06:07 PM
Today went to local police station and asked why i was hasseled about my badges and i was told not to worry about it. The Senior constable told me that the junour officer was just having a go (Joking) (tryed to scare me)
and said you can do any mods to your car as long is its obaying the law

blueraven
11th September 2005, 07:41 PM
well next time you get pulled over, tell the cops not to look in the back, because its full of anthrax/explosives/few kilo's of herion...

when they have you face down on the road with a knee between your shoulderblades, tell the you were 'just having a go' ....and see if they shrug it off like we are supposed too.

Namus
11th September 2005, 07:47 PM
well next time you get pulled over, tell the cops not to look in the back, because its full of anthrax/explosives/few kilo's of herion...

when they have you face down on the road with a knee between your shoulderblades, tell the you were 'just having a go' ....and see if they shrug it off like we are supposed too.

gotta try that one :D

maloo97
11th September 2005, 09:14 PM
Yeh good Call lol

dug74
11th September 2005, 09:19 PM
I knew it wasnt illegal...becoz i actually have a speeding infringement notice that i was given by the police saying OPEL as make and they had to ask me the model <laughs>

Then later...i took my notice to court after i sent a letter and the notice was withdrawn...becoz when SPERS and QLD TRANSPORT checked my car details...it was registered as a HOLDEN BARINA. Also becoz on the notice my rego was put down as DUG...and not DUG74.. so there was no car with that rego.

After a lengthy debate, i was told...there is no law against badging your car as long as its registered and has number plates...thats the only identification the transport bodies and law enforcement need, so i have decided that i will rebadge my car a Daewoo Kalos.:D:D:D <chuckles>

JP Dyno
12th September 2005, 08:36 AM
So a senior officer actually told you that the junior officer was just 'having a go' and trying to scare you?

I'd be filing an official complaint. Its crap that someone representing the law can get away with pulling stunts like that. You may have gone home and had to spend a good couple of hundred bucks to get your car back to original holden badging.

When they are in uniform or on duty they are representing the law. They arent even supposed to smoke in uniform. they a surely not allow to pull pranks on the general public.

Red AH SRI T
12th September 2005, 11:09 AM
Police = Wankers

say no more

Alfonzo
12th September 2005, 01:35 PM
So a senior officer actually told you that the junior officer was just 'having a go' and trying to scare you?

I'd be filing an official complaint. Its crap that someone representing the law can get away with pulling stunts like that. You may have gone home and had to spend a good couple of hundred bucks to get your car back to original holden badging.

When they are in uniform or on duty they are representing the law. They arent even supposed to smoke in uniform. they a surely not allow to pull pranks on the general public.I agree with that. Intimidation and harassment is not and should not be part of their job. I'd be severely pissed off if they tried a stunt like that on me.

btm
12th September 2005, 01:42 PM
that is the just the strangest thing i have ever heard...

vectraguy01
12th September 2005, 08:08 PM
I agree with that. Intimidation and harassment is not and should not be part of their job. I'd be severely pissed off if they tried a stunt like that on me.

so would i i would have a go at there car and try and find a defect on there's

tit for tat.

CJB
12th September 2005, 09:16 PM
Did you at least get an apology from them?

I've had an off duty cop staring at my badges, but that was more a wtf are they (badges) stare.

Another fine example of a Public Servant abusing their priviledge... ha ha ha, I can talk...............

Demand an apology dude...

Namus
13th September 2005, 10:23 PM
nah, see, then the cops will go out and find a 'real' defect with your car

blackSRi
15th September 2005, 01:19 AM
Ahh its why cops don't get respect, cos when they feel they have to "teach you a lesson" or "give your car a once over to see what you have modded" without cause (see *harrassment*), people lose all respect for the cops - sad really, I can't believe cops like that are mucking around in positions of responsibility - if we were to "joke" at work with our clients we would get a serious reprimand or formal warning (and that's only IT - not an offical representative of the Law!!). When you see cops breaking road rules when driving (no indicator on lane changes or at round abouts, failing to keep left), it's a bit hypocritical when they pull up other drivers for doing so - whatever happened to leading by example? bunch of idiots...

Dave
15th September 2005, 02:00 AM
so true!:mad:

CJB
15th September 2005, 12:18 PM
I always said that in my perfect "career" family there would be a Cop - to protect you from crap like this!