PDA

View Full Version : VIVA Pricing and specs......AN OPELAUS EXCLUSIVE!

Red AH SRI T
8th September 2005, 07:30 AM
RRP
• Viva hatch 1.8 Man $17,990
• Viva sedan 1.8 Man $17,990
• Viva wagon 1.8 Man $19,490

Options
• Metallic paint $300
• Automatic transmission $2,000
• Optional pack (sedan/hatch): $1,290
o 15" alloy wheels
o ABS
o Rear power windows
• Optional pack (wagon): $1,190
o 15" alloy wheels
o ABS

Key Specifications: Hatch/Sedan/Wagon

Standard features include:
• Air conditioning
• 1.8 litre DOHC engine (89kW)
• Driver, front passenger and front side impact airbags
• Steering wheel mounted stereo controls
• Front power windows (rear standard on wagon)
• Power steering
• Remote central locking
• Power mirrors
• CD/MP3 player with 4 speakers
• 15" steel wheels
• Tilt and telescopic steering
• Body colour door handles and mirrors
• Rear spoiler (hatch)
• Silver-coloured roof racks (wagon)
• Drivers seat features lumbar support and height adjuster
• Up to 1410 litres of storage (wagon)

Slimcraigie
8th September 2005, 07:34 AM
I had a Viva it was a 1976, is it the same spec :D

I need to see a pic, cameras wernt invented when I had mine:eek:

Alfonzo
8th September 2005, 08:39 AM
Actually sounds half decent.

'Till you remember it's a Daewoo...

BassyAstra
8th September 2005, 09:34 AM
Whos gonna buy one, i hope no one, so holden realises they made a bad decision and then bring more opels :)

Red AH SRI T
8th September 2005, 10:05 AM
i think the Viva is a good decision, something had to replace the Astra Classic eventually, and what better to compete with the Koreans than another Korean?

As for thr new "barina" well the less i say about my thoughts on that the better

BassyAstra
8th September 2005, 10:36 AM
I get your jist.
Any dates on arrival?
Any dates on arrival of tigra?

Red AH SRI T
8th September 2005, 12:31 PM
our first Tigra arrives tomorrow

viva sales start Sept 19 and stocks should be starting to appear towards the end of next week. Public launch will be at the motorshow

01CDsedan
9th September 2005, 09:25 PM
$17,990 with air, power windows and six airbags?!

That's cheap as. I'll wager money here and now that Viva will be the best selling small car in the country very quickly indeed. For the money, that's unbeatable.

Take that, Toyota Corolla!

Red AH SRI T
9th September 2005, 09:50 PM
woah, only 4 airbags bud, not 6 :P

but it is still amazing value for money

I think holden will be on to a winner with the viva

01CDsedan
10th September 2005, 10:25 AM
Uh, yeah, 4 airbags....I need to learn how to count.

It's going to cause a lot of headaches for those companies selling their small cars at $18,990 or $19,990 - basically the 'mediocre' end of the small car market, stuff like the Lancer, Pulsar, Corolla and Elantra.

It might be a Korean car, but the Holden badge will count for a lot in the marketplace.

Alfonzo
10th September 2005, 03:45 PM
Uh, yeah, 4 airbags....I need to learn how to count.

It's going to cause a lot of headaches for those companies selling their small cars at $18,990 or $19,990 - basically the 'mediocre' end of the small car market, stuff like the Lancer, Pulsar, Corolla and Elantra.

It might be a Korean car, but the Holden badge will count for a lot in the marketplace.Funny how the Lancer was at the front of that mediocre list :)

Red AH SRI T
15th September 2005, 03:19 PM
Well our first Viva just pulled into the yard.

not bad to look at, paint is a bit ****, so far can only find one thing that says GM DAEWOO

Interior nice and clean, cheap plastics but well put together and nicely styled

heaps of features, seats are too flat, steering wheel too thin

drives ok, didnt like the steering

not better than the G but better than cars like Hyundai Elantra and Kia Cerato

That must mean Holden has done their job ;)

BassyAstra
15th September 2005, 03:57 PM
Piccies?
It seems like you get all the new cars so early?
I was always under the impression that my dealership, cause of its size, got stuff 1st.
Oh well.
They could be just hiding them.
I wanna see the Tigra.

Shaun
15th September 2005, 04:47 PM
any pics ?

Red AH SRI T
15th September 2005, 06:29 PM
i have tomorrow off, but if i can be bothered i might take pics on the weekend

RapidSRi
15th September 2005, 09:27 PM
Viva had a poor name when it was last in the marketplace in Australia so it's a bit suprising that they chose that nameplate, sounds better than Vomet tho which is what first comes to mind!! Daewoo should be left to die in peace.

Red AH SRI T
16th September 2005, 09:08 AM
Viva had a poor name when it was last in the marketplace in Australia so it's a bit suprising that they chose that nameplate, sounds better than Vomet tho which is what first comes to mind!! Daewoo should be left to die in peace.

Seriously, its not a bad car.

Get over the name (yeah bad choice but get over it)

And most ppl will have no idea that it comes out of a Daewoo factory.

See it for what it is. A low priced Korean car to fight it out with the other Koreans. Holden is having their fingers in as many pies as they can, and after driving the Viva i think it will pay off. I used to sell Hyundai and Kia and this thing is way better than the Elantra or Cerato.

Lots more equipment too. What other korean small car comes standard with 4 airbags?

Like i said, see it for what it is and its a good car, but try and push it beyond its intended purpose and, sure thing, its falls to its knees in ways the old G never would, but the G can't hang around forever.

01CDsedan
19th September 2005, 09:07 PM
Where is it weak compared to the Astra G?

Red AH SRI T
20th September 2005, 07:53 AM
Where is it weak compared to the Astra G?

Its a little plasticie inside, the fabric is a bit rough, the steering isn't the greatest, and its a little noisy, oh and the paint isnt that great

BassyAstra
20th September 2005, 11:56 AM
Went back to my dealership this morn for my wash, and got chatting with the a 2nd hand department salesman, so i asked him what he thought of the new viva.
His response, 'whats that'?
I said it the car thats over there, pointed to the car, and said its been there for a week.
Well he was shocked and responded, 'i didnt know'.

The moral of my continuing story is, 1st kills 2nd, aye Black_AH.

Red AH SRI T
20th September 2005, 07:18 PM
Went back to my dealership this morn for my wash, and got chatting with the a 2nd hand department salesman, so i asked him what he thought of the new viva.
His response, 'whats that'?
I said it the car thats over there, pointed to the car, and said its been there for a week.
Well he was shocked and responded, 'i didnt know'.

The moral of my continuing story is, 1st kills 2nd, aye Black_AH.

1st definatley kills 2nd my dear bassy friend :D

CJB
20th September 2005, 07:26 PM
Could you imagine walking into the caryard (and for unknown reasons, temporary insanity perhaps) saying to them "I want to buy that car right there" (pointing to the Viva) and them turning around saying... "Sure, wait, what car is that"? ha ha

BassyAstra
20th September 2005, 11:02 PM
Im sure its happened. :)

When i got my H (5 door), you know when u buy a car and they do a run over with you?

The guy was trying to do a run over of the car with me and he didnt even know how to turn on the headlights, and when he found out how to do it, he thought the display symbol on the dash was saying that the fog lights were on, yet the car didnt come with fog lights nor does the symbol even look like fog lights.

Red AH SRI T
21st September 2005, 07:52 AM
You would be suprised how many sales people out there know jack **** about the product they are saying.

So many times i have ppl come in and say that the guy up the road knew nothing about their product, and its even worse when they have been to another Holden dealer and the dipstick there knows jack$hit.

how do these tools expect to sell a product when they know nothing about it?

BassyAstra
21st September 2005, 10:24 AM
Haahah.
It gets to me to mate, with everything, electronics, clothing, etc.

Red AH SRI T
21st September 2005, 06:08 PM
just like when i bought my iPod and i knew more about it than the dumb sheila trying to sell it to me

BassyAstra
21st September 2005, 07:33 PM
HAhhahahah, i would rate Strathfield Car Radios as one of the worst.
When my mum asked for a bluetooth head set the guy said 'with wires or without'. :eek:

CJB
21st September 2005, 10:49 PM
Well then can I just say that I read heaps about cars, especially Opels, like most others on here and even though I might hate the Viva I am reading everything on it and well, want to be informed of the ins and outs of it... I think people like me (cos I know it's the majority of us on this site) should be selling cars! I would love to do that.

Ok I might not know everything, but I just keep reading. I buy wheels magazine when it comes out, I google cars... I look at the websites I listen to what others say about cars... seems that's better knowledge then most carsales people, and yet do you think you can get a job selling cars!!! ? No!

When I bought my car, I skipped the run over, ha ha ha... I was late for work and well, I thought since they wouldn't give me a test drive of the Corsa C because I owned a Corsa B before hand that I would obviously know how to work the things on the car. Wrong, I had to go reading... but that was my fault.

180HOA
21st September 2005, 11:04 PM
Well then can I just say that I read heaps about cars, especially Opels, like most others on here and even though I might hate the Viva I am reading everything on it and well, want to be informed of the ins and outs of it... I think people like me (cos I know it's the majority of us on this site) should be selling cars! I would love to do that.

Ok I might not know everything, but I just keep reading. I buy wheels magazine when it comes out, I google cars... I look at the websites I listen to what others say about cars... seems that's better knowledge then most carsales people, and yet do you think you can get a job selling cars!!! ? No!

I think it's easy to underestimate what's involved in sales. Product knowledge would be maybe less that 50% of the skills involved in selling. I thought a similar thing to you - that cos I was interested and knew a reasonable amount about the car market - that I'd like selling them. Wrong. I tried the job and absolutely hated it. I just didn't enjoy the methods involved in selling. That's not a criticism, just a reflection on me. Having seen the job from the salesperson's side, I have a great deal of respect for anyone that does the job well. What I'm getting at is that that's why there are successful salespeople out there with less product knowledge than others. They sell to a different type of buyer than the people on this site (i.e. less obsessive!).

BassyAstra
21st September 2005, 11:48 PM
Agreed but it gets to a point where your like, "those are opel badges mate", your a saleperson at holden. :)