PDA

View Full Version : S U R P R I S E ! ! 1st Coupe Opelisation

BassyAstra
7th September 2005, 10:48 AM
As some of you know i was interested in getting the coupe and ask you if i should. I did take your comment very considerably. The final deal offered was an unpassable one and considering the car was up for rego/insurance and the like and also the used car lot had no H 5doors it made the offer more sweet.

Sorry R3N :( i must be a dissapointment, eh? Are you surpsised?
This new improved horn excites me!!!

Anyway the opelisation of the front is complete, and it was a bugger, much harder than the 5 door. The rear will be done when i get a badge, damn slim :(

My SILVER LIGHTNING CDX comes with leather heated seats, 16", 6 stacker cd player, etc etc, all on the holden website.

After a couple days driving it, i must say the drive is really good, i went 160 over the bridge to uni and it felt like i was gliding, i think i only got my 5 door to around the 130s till i got scared.
Apart from that handelling at low speeds is great too.

PLANS:
Massive Audio upgrade (FHRX f'sho, thanks ultim8DTM), i plan on removing the stock H/U and putting it in the glove box, because i need it for the trip computer, which means ill also have to remove the glove box divider.
Potential steinmetz additions from Astralavista, daymn this guy is hooked up.
Opelisation of rear.
Tinting of the front windows.
Installation of R3Ns imported Eyelids from BTM.

Did i mention my this forum is getting on my nerves.
Insanity of adding emoticons, 3.2ghz pc freezing during long PM messages, attachments being shown as links, 10 character limit. :eek::eek: eek for sure.

btm
7th September 2005, 11:26 AM
nice nice - very nice indeed bassy!

Nem
7th September 2005, 12:11 PM
Just dont drive around in it in the nude OK?

BassyAstra
7th September 2005, 12:31 PM
Just dont drive around in it in the nude OK?
To late....

btm
7th September 2005, 12:38 PM
what was behind the new car when you took the picture...?

Greg K
7th September 2005, 12:44 PM
very nice matey~!!

astralavista
7th September 2005, 01:19 PM
Very nice Bassy....Good on yer.

She looks great.

Roof Spoiler...Stein Grille...air intakes
Then
Side skirts...Strut Braces....stiff roll bar
And
30mm lowered springs and new wheels.

Nice

oneightoo
7th September 2005, 01:23 PM

yeah why did you blot it out??
hmmm?

did you buy the naked girl as well?

you old dog you..

BassyAstra
7th September 2005, 02:05 PM
My garbage bin with my address.

I just tried to send you a pm gibbo and it was long and i copied it then my pc froze, so i went to notepad and it wouldnt paste.
Im going to write it here.

Id purchase the air intakes and lowering springs and they also have a nice fuel cap!
For the future id love the quad exhaust.
Money is an issue because of my new baby.
I appreciate all the work youve been doing and it would be great to have someone importing that stuff, you could even distribute to CarShine or TCCA ?
I wouldnt know where to start about gettin parts made locally.
There is a guy that selling rear spoilers on U.K Ebay for 250~300aud delivered.
Holdens sells theirs for 400 unpainted, RIP OFF, its terrible.

btm
7th September 2005, 02:11 PM
ahahaaa! you wouldn't want one of us stealing your new car in its first week!! :)

R3N
7th September 2005, 02:16 PM
My garbage bin with my address.

You got one of those too huh? I can't seem to ever get mine to pose properly, that and the fact that it doesn't have a reflection in the mirror disturbs me.

I was gonna PM you and say go for the coupe and pimp it up anyway, never got around to doing that, maybe you already knew what I was thinking. I mean, what's the point in going fast when you got bling?

At least you got leather!!! A fine cow your seats used to be. Now lower it and get some euro style 17s or 18s asap! And you got it in that silver too... OMG SEX!

How many dudes you know roll like this? Not many, if not Bassy :D

BassyAstra
7th September 2005, 02:19 PM
You got one of those too huh? I can't seem to ever get mine to pose properly, that and the fact that it doesn't have a reflection in the mirror disturbs me.

I was gonna PM you and say go for the coupe and pimp it up anyway, never got around to doing that, maybe you already knew what I was thinking. I mean, what's the point in going fast when you got bling?

At least you got leather!!! A fine cow your seats used to be. Now lower it and get some euro style 17s or 18s asap! And you got it in that silver too... OMG SEX!

How many dudes you know roll like this? Not many, if not Bassy :D
HAHAHAHHA!
Yes i knew what you were thinking!
Cows are good for nothing.
I do know a couple of euro pimps. (NOT SCRIBE THOUGH)
Indeed, my automobile will get sexed up (care of you), cash is tight though atm.
I will soon have something on my car which the infamous R3N touched, OMG OMG i think im going toooooo......

ahahaaa! you wouldn't want one of us stealing your new car in its first week!! :)
I would be the angriest cun*t.

oneightoo
7th September 2005, 02:41 PM
i bet you will be one fo the first to be rollin around in the HSV astra if and when it comes to aus..

R3N
7th September 2005, 02:52 PM
It looks like you took those pics with a webcam then edited it in paint :D, you need a better camera dude, or you could buy me a ticket up there to take nice shots of your new baby.

btm
7th September 2005, 02:53 PM
i think they were taken with his camera phone

Namus
7th September 2005, 06:19 PM
nice work mate

BassyAstra
7th September 2005, 06:30 PM
It looks like you took those pics with a webcam then edited it in paint :D, you need a better camera dude, or you could buy me a ticket up there to take nice shots of your new baby.

They were taken with my camera phone, which indeed is good, 1.3megapixel, but what gets ya is the 97.7kb opelaus attachment limit, meant i had to cut down the pics.
Sure i could of posted them with some free web-picture company, but i barred it.
Scribe.

i bet you will be one fo the first to be rollin around in the HSV astra if and when it comes to aus..
I wish!!!!!!

aussie_in_london
7th September 2005, 09:37 PM
very nice mate
start saving for the 18's, few around my way with and finishes off the car nicely,

PRC33Y
7th September 2005, 09:53 PM
Nice!!!

But what i wanna know is how you can upgrade from a current Astra H to a Coupe and be on your P's and go to Uni. WTF!!! Did you find a goldmine! I take it you dont work at Macca's!!! LOL

:-)

R3N
7th September 2005, 10:13 PM
I see what you mean, I can post pics fine but thats cost I don't upload them into the OpelAus gallery

ultim8DTM5
7th September 2005, 10:58 PM
Nice!!!

But what i wanna know is how you can upgrade from a current Astra H to a Coupe and be on your P's and go to Uni. WTF!!! Did you find a goldmine! I take it you dont work at Macca's!!! LOL

:-)

He OWNS the Maccas...

astralavista
8th September 2005, 12:04 AM
What about the front grille and the spoiler looks better than a standard one.
See attached.
How mean would that look.

BassyAstra
8th September 2005, 09:38 AM
What about the front grille and the spoiler looks better than a standard one.
See attached.
How mean would that look.
Looks nice but really not as interested as the other shizz.
Do you have any closeups of the spoiler though?

Red AH SRI T
8th September 2005, 10:07 AM
Congrats Bassy, she sure looks nice!

Your lucky to get one too, we have ppl waiting til FEB 2006 for Black manual CDX Coupes!!!

I myself will be hanging out for the "HSV" Astra :D

BassyAstra
8th September 2005, 10:38 AM
Congrats Bassy, she sure looks nice!

Your lucky to get one too, we have ppl waiting til FEB 2006 for Black manual CDX Coupes!!!

I myself will be hanging out for the "HSV" Astra :D
Thanks mate, wow 2006!
I cant wait for the hsv either, bring on teh motor show.

BassyAstra
15th September 2005, 02:42 PM
F' yo cats.

THANKS JACKY FOR THE SUPPLIED BADGE !

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~diannem225/RearOpelisation.JPG

Red AH SRI T
15th September 2005, 03:15 PM
That looks wicked Bassy

I do hope u took the "CDX" badges of the doors

*vomits*

BassyAstra
15th September 2005, 03:52 PM
That looks wicked Bassy

I do hope u took the "CDX" badges of the doors

*vomits*
Ahahahaha, you dont like them?
Maybe i should add an extra I ?
People would be like wtf CdXi hatch.
Or maybe ill replace with O P E L ?
Dunno, decisions decisions.
Astralavista put Astra GtV 1.8 badges on the side.

Red AH SRI T
15th September 2005, 06:27 PM
either O P E L

or

leave it off completley, it ruins the look me thinks