PDA

View Full Version : Tech 2 / 32

astralavista
6th September 2005, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know where I can get one or equal and how much?
Also does anyone know where I can get any details on the AH Can bus . ECU / body computer software and it's interface.

I am after leads please not necessarily answers.

Yes hard core access not General Purpose look only.

BassyAstra
6th September 2005, 10:28 PM
Did you read nuttr's thread on him needing tech 2?
I am interested in why you need it, whats the plan for the H, i like your work/style. :P
BTW I replied to your pm twice but the same problem i keep getting, when i write a long reply my pc freezes, its 3.2ghz mind you.
This new forum is getting on my nerves.

astralavista
6th September 2005, 11:11 PM
And Bassy i started to think you loved me.........

I yearn your pm.

Īt is really important. try email

[email protected]

yep I have my own domain too

imad4u
8th September 2005, 08:05 PM
for a tech 2 with can interface you would be looking at around 6 grand + gst, if you want one... www.petroject.com.au

NUTTTR
9th September 2005, 09:49 AM
Tech2 + interface for 6.6K inc gst??? wow that's cheap, the vetronix unit is worth about ~$5.9k US inc software... not sure how much good copies of the software will cost, and then, how the hell will you update it for new ecu versions? There is NO alternative either... I've looked, there's nothing.. There's kits that connect your car to the Tech 2, but there's no PC software or unit that will allow you to talk directly to the PC... The newer ECU's feature lovely things like "lock out" for even diagnostic scanners for the codes! You can buy things that can "scan" for the codes - but they can (and do) get "locked" out of the ecu by it's software so they may work once.... Then if you get an error, you have to write to clear it and reset the ecu, which cannot be done without a tech2....
Tech2 can read ANY body control module from the car.... Although i'm really wanting one, $10Kaus to get one and software is not tempting...

NUTTTR
9th September 2005, 09:55 AM
Oh, if you WANT to use a tech2, ring up service and be really nice when you speak to them and ask nicely.... or rock up and just say "i just need to have a code uploaded to the computer quickly" i was really nice and polite to the guy at the holden i went to and he went above and beyond in helping me, which is excellent, considering it was a display not meant for the car that i installed myself, etc, etc :)
Aaron