PDA

View Full Version : AStra Sri suspension height

rjastra
5th September 2005, 05:44 PM
I recently returned a strut brace for my Astra Sri 2.2 to Whiteline. There was no way I was going to drill holes in the strut towers for it as the car is leased.....

Well while I was there they asked if they could take a few measurements of the car as they hadn't looked over a Sri 2.2 before.

What they found on my car.....

The standard SRi 2.2 sits LOWER than the Astra SRi Turbo. In fact even when the Turbo is fit with the lowered whiteline sourced springs the rear of the SRi 2.2 sits at the same height and the front is only 10mm higher!!

blackSRi
5th September 2005, 05:58 PM
Aye, it's a beast me tells ya!

So what is stock clearance again...250mm (lowest point of the body to road - for ADR compliance) ?

And that's the height on stock SRiT 17"s?

NUTTTR
12th September 2005, 07:19 PM
It's not the lowest point of the BODY it is the lowest point 1m forwards AND backwards of both axles, so in the astra's case, the whole car... If your cat hangs too low they can book you and are well within their rights to do so!
I did some measurements previously with my car as it was higher before, i forget what they are now, but i've got eibach 30mm (lowers more than that!) my rear wheel arch is (measured through the centre of the hub) 600mm off the road, the fronts are 615mm off the road (same measurement technique)...
Gives you an idea, with NO people in the car, my cat is exactly 10cm off the road, which is the "legal" minimum for the height.. and it's too low sometimes... :) But it looks good!
Aaron
P.S. I have SRiT 17" mags on it too :)

JR
21st September 2005, 08:15 PM
does anyone know what the suspension height difference is between the City and SRi models?

i'm thinking of putting sri stock spings on my city. anyone got a set of sri springs 2 sell?

NUTTTR
21st September 2005, 10:07 PM
Not selling mine, but there is a little difference...... about 15mm in the rear and 10mm in the front or so i think...
Not much at all

low astra
21st September 2005, 10:19 PM
do u find that the body hits the ground a lot on speed bumps, and gutters?? just after the front wheels on those like chasis rails??? mine is always smashing on things

NUTTTR
22nd September 2005, 12:03 AM
Only if i don't go really slow over things.... gutters and carpark things i can't even go close to, normal driveways i just make it up but anything bigger i scrape even at an angle.... Stock sri springs are fine, unless you go too fast, etc they never hit.... I just avoid speed bumps or go very slow.... I've got big marks on the chassis rails (took all the tar off!) from going into the multi level car parks, getting up the ramps and over the top edge is impossible... !