PDA

View Full Version : Sexism & Inappropriate Stuff

TheGuest
25th March 2004, 10:19 AM
Just noticed a few threads and signatures of people that are really inapropriate and degrading to women.

If you want to encourage more females to come onto the site... thats something that needs to be looked at.

Such as:

EAK33Y's Signature

"Nitrous Is Like A Hot Girl With STD'S.......You Know You Wanna Hit It But You're Afraid Of The Consequences"

or the

OMG: Silicone Nude Bra!!! thread in Off Topic (dunno how to link it) and comments made within the thread.

Generally these comments dont bother me, I work in a male dominated environment and have lots of brothers so I'm used to it...

All in all this site is fantastic and I know cars are generally seen as a male dominated interest. But its quite obvious that you do have female members... so I thought I would leave you with some feedback.

:wink:

Dee
25th March 2004, 10:36 AM
im a chick and seriously it doesnt bother me that much... they can say all they want i dont care...

but i suppose it is giving them a bad name... not the forum as a whole ;)

Jass
25th March 2004, 10:54 AM
Speaking on behalf of the fellas here, i don't really think anyone is trying to be sexist, some ppl just dont take it to account that some females get offended by this things. And that's quite ok, this isn't a boys club its an opel club and as such every memeber should be made to feel welcomed.

So if any body has been offended then maybe we should set some guidlines?

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 12:07 PM
Sometimes i think that guys dont even realise that they are being sexist.
I think EAK33Y's sig is a inappropriate.

Rhino
25th March 2004, 01:27 PM
Can't remember if it is this forum or another but I suggested to someone to change their avatar of a woman playing with her breasts because of that very reason.

I'm a member of a club in Perth that has a lot of women as members so we seem to be more aware of this sort of thing.

Keep on your toes lads... and if you do see something that may offend, maybe have a quiet word and PM the culprit. Rather than leaving it up to what the women are willing to put up with, it's easier if they don't have to make that decision.

What a lad! :wink:

em
25th March 2004, 03:46 PM
Just noticed a few threads and signatures of people that are really inapropriate and degrading to women.

If you want to encourage more females to come onto the site... thats something that needs to be looked at.
:wink:

The Guest i really appreciate you posting this, and on the whole i guess the gentlemen don't realise that some of the pics can be degrading to women. Is it possible just to keep in mind that some of us view this from work, and that while we are allowed to be surfing the net, it is quite difficult to when rudie nudie pics pop up on your screen, and i dont think this is gender specific as it would get the males introuble too....

em

TheGuest
25th March 2004, 04:51 PM
No Worries em,

I just thought that in this day and age... it really shouldnt be an issue.

Plus it will help get more ladies on board :)

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 04:57 PM
I agree that Us Blokes shouldn't make Sexist/Defamatory/Racial Threads or Signatures.
I ain't being Wussy or Non of that ****, Just People shouldn't have to feel offended or Upset from a Particular Thread. Just because It was a It Won't hurt No Body.
Thats my Rant.
I'm Ears
Thank ya Mother for the Rabbits.

*** This post has been moderated *****

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 05:14 PM
Spoken with the culprit, all has been changed.

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 05:39 PM
Thanks Christian for Removing my Offensive Naughty Word.

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 06:16 PM
Glenda, you should know by now not to be posting offensive words here. I'm very disappointed with you :evil:

frankie9fingers
14th April 2004, 07:39 PM
Frank walks in.
Reads what's going on in this thread.
Has a flashback of the silicone nude bra thread.
Realises who posted the thread.
Shuts the door and runs!!!!!!!!!!!