PDA

View Full Version : Astra H Sedan Lives!!!!!!!!

Red AH SRI T
1st September 2005, 01:54 PM
http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=15768

Ok, so its not gunna be sold here, but GM Brazil has designed their new sedan and are calling it the vectra, but it all based on the Astra H

Why can't we have this?

BassyAstra
1st September 2005, 03:55 PM
It looks like so many different cars put into one.

oneightoo
1st September 2005, 05:40 PM
it's like it's trying to be a bigger car but isnt.. those quirky brazilians, at it again..

astra03
3rd September 2005, 03:20 PM
Good question, I wonder if we will get this in Oz, I most certainly hope so. I dont mind the look of it at all, could be my next car if it does come here in the next few years.

With the way petrol prices are going, it will be interesting to see if there is a swing to 4cylinder cars again. Thi sedan version may become a must have in Holden's lineup, if what we mostly think will happen, buyers resistance to the VIva (Daewoo) sedan .

I wrote to Holden when the "H" was released and asked if and when there would be a sedan coming. Their reply was "not in the foreseeable future, tough luck if you want a sedan" attitude....

180HOA
3rd September 2005, 04:00 PM
I'm a tad confused by the responses to this when compared to Viva/Barina...

The sedan is for the South American market...

How would you feel about buying an Astra that was built in Brazil?

Would a Viva or Barina built in Korea be any worse?

Namus
3rd September 2005, 04:11 PM
i'll stick with my sedan thanks

ecstasy
3rd September 2005, 05:46 PM
sedans are a sorta pointless car and more if they are medium small size since all the other variety of chassis to choose from. I would only buy a sedan on a high end brand and big size car (mercedes, audi, bmw).

as for those quirky brazilians... what do you mean by that mate?

How would you feel about buying an Astra that was built in Brazil? Same as buying a holden from Australia. With the levels of standarizations around the world it really doesn't matter where the product is build. Mercedes Benz it's been building cars in South America for ages and so are the other big brands suck as Toyota, Renault, GM, Ford, Peugeot-Citroen, VW, Scania, Iveco, and the list goes on and on. I would rather trust more a product build in South America than Australia for the simple fact that all the technology is update on a 6 month period basis, and they also export eveywhere in the world. I hope they do start building the Astra hatch over there so then i can buy cheap spareparts if something goes wrong on my astra.

180HOA
3rd September 2005, 06:08 PM
I don't think sedans are pointless. They're safer for one (more car between the rear seats and the car that runs up your arse; and theres no possibility of your luggage hitting you from behind in a crash either). Add to that higher torsional rigity and you have an arguably better driving car (though I admit pretty much indetectable). They're also quieter - the combination of smaller air volume in the cabin (and cabin shape?) results im less of a 'drumming' effect from air vibrations. I've had a TS sedan and hatch and there's a noticeable difference in noise levels between the two - especially if you don't have the cargo cover on in the hatch. Then there's the subjective side of it - not everyone likes the current crop of short-wheelbase wagons that dominate the hatch market.

Also, I wasn't criticising Brazillian built cars - don't get me wrong. I don't think I've ever even seen a Brazilian built car, so I can't comment. I'm just curious about how people would take to a Brazilian-sourced Astra, when the overwhelming opinion on this site is beating up on Holden for sourcing cars from Korea without having seen them. Would it be perceived any differently?

aussie_in_london
3rd September 2005, 06:36 PM
it deff aint no astra
the front end may appear to be similiar but so to does the new vectra and zafira as will the new corsa all becuase of the head light design and the similarity of the front bumper as all the opel/vauxhall cars are becoming uniformed. The rest of the body shape can be based on numerous designed GM american & european designed cars.

Shaun
3rd September 2005, 06:58 PM
it deff aint no astra
the front end may appear to be similiar but so to does the new vectra and zafira as will the new corsa all becuase of the head light design and the similarity of the front bumper as all the opel/vauxhall cars are becoming uniformed. The rest of the body shape can be based on numerous designed GM american & eurpean designed cars.

Maybe this is what the new Daewoo based replacement for the Vectra will look like. but one of the comments in that thread actually refer to the car bing based on a astra.

aussie_in_london
3rd September 2005, 07:55 PM
based on an astra it is so to was the reports regarding the new zafira and vectra before they arrived as the front end design of both have been taken from the astra which in turn the headlights taken from the concept VX Lightning (and the nice 5 spoke 18's opt)
there is deffo parts on there based on the astra but so to does it look a bit like the new vectra's front end.

180HOA
3rd September 2005, 08:12 PM
why with no punctuation like yoda do you write?

Namus
3rd September 2005, 09:00 PM
the astra sedans look heaps better than the hatches...but to each is their own...

aussie_in_london
3rd September 2005, 10:05 PM
why with no punctuation like yoda do you write?

as it was to early in the morning for me while
watching the Wallabies v All Blacks

aussie_in_london
3rd September 2005, 10:09 PM
the astra sedans look heaps better than the hatches...but to each is their own...

very true but more for each to their own
I prefer the new vectra if i was looking for
a sedan and the VXR at that .

Namus
4th September 2005, 03:03 PM
Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B...mmmm

aussie_in_london
4th September 2005, 07:47 PM
Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B...mmmm

and that i would agree

Alfonzo
4th September 2005, 10:44 PM
I remember seeing some spy pics of the new model Vectra floating around on here before the forum change (and corruption), does anyone have a copy of those? They were a red car testing in the snow, with black steel rims. Wouldn't mind just comparing those to these.

I don't think it's an Astra. Looks too big. I agree with aussie_in_london, they're pulling a Mitsubishi and uniforming their entire range.