PDA

View Full Version : I need a tech2

NUTTTR
31st August 2005, 11:37 AM
I need somewhere in Sydney i can get a dealer to let me use (or let them use but them to tell me what info they get out) a tech 2.... I doubt holden will let me do it there.... i don't mind paying something to use it at all... would prefer an independant place as they are more likely to let me play around and make changes, so it needs to be a proper tech 2 :)

Anyone help out????

Aaron

NUTTTR
1st September 2005, 12:10 PM
Anyone know??!~?!?!?!

Mr T
1st September 2005, 12:54 PM
Why dont you just ring a dealer and ask if they can find the data you need, i'm sure if you pay the labour there shouldn't be a problem ! ! !

kirssn
1st September 2005, 12:55 PM
what is it you want it for, when do you want to use it and upfront, i will tell you that due to the price of the unit (& software) you, yourself wont be able to.

if you can answer my questions, i'll see what i can do.

InsaneAsylum
1st September 2005, 01:20 PM
if he told you, he'd have to kill you :D

NUTTTR
1st September 2005, 03:12 PM
Hey Krissn :)
I want to use it to change the "code" (and country) for my display unit on the dash... You know the trip computers? :) I have a trip computer in my car and i need to change the "code" in the unit so it works with my engine and tyre size... And so it reads in L not Gallons! I don't mind if i can't do it myself (i expected that) but if i could be near the unit, or something like that, it would give me some idea as this is not something someone in australia would normally do (it's really only done overseas) but is a very easy change... When i can do it is another thing, i work weekdays, i have most weekends spare and nights, etc, may be able to have time one morning sometime, not sure... Can you help out ? :)
How much would it cost?? Reality says it should take a matter of plug it in, try, works, and out... i know the codes that i have to change it to, so there's no guess work :) Should really only take about 5mins

Thanks
Aaron

kirssn
1st September 2005, 03:54 PM
ok i'm kinda sick at the moment, so it'll have to wait til this afternoon when i see my other half and show him what you've written ok? I'll be back online later tonight and will reply then ok? chances are, sat arvo, probably 12:30 if i can help you out..... will let you know more later!

NUTTTR
1st September 2005, 04:28 PM
awesome, i will see what i can organise, i should have hopefully everything ready by then to set it up OK

Clint
1st September 2005, 05:43 PM
i heard u holf down one of the buttons and turn on the ignition to change km/miles so somethin like that might work for l/gallons

auzvectra
1st September 2005, 06:03 PM
what is the deal wit the instant consumption?
mine is km/L, and jimee's is L/100km???
exactly the same car, about 2 months apart in build dates.

NUTTTR
1st September 2005, 07:56 PM
what is the deal wit the instant consumption?
mine is km/L, and jimee's is L/100km???
exactly the same car, about 2 months apart in build dates.

nfi......
I'm still trying to work out how to change to L!!! (doesnt do it by pressing the button and turning on :()

lee683
1st September 2005, 08:25 PM
hey if ur still looking for one we have a scanner at work. does tech 2

i work in the sutherland area
if u wanted to pop round 1 arvo??

NUTTTR
1st September 2005, 10:23 PM
Can it read all "fields" from the computer, display, dash, etc???

Just making sure :) Kirssn is a LOT LOT closer than sutherland to me (about 20mins from me that holden is!)... So i'll see what she can do, thanks for the offer though :) Done at a holden dealer is 100% the way i'd like to go, because i KNOW the equipment can do it!

Aaron

kirssn
2nd September 2005, 08:24 AM
had a chat with mick last night - he can't understand why yours is reading that way - going to have a look at one at work today and will get back to me at some stage this morning - i will pm you as soon as he lets me know ok?

NUTTTR
2nd September 2005, 10:10 AM
Why it's reading in MPH rather than KM?? :)
That's because i got it from the UK... Aparantly there is a "country" code or measurement code or something, you change that.... Regardless I don't mind it staying as MPH.... That's no problem.... But it needs to be setup for my engine (it doesn't, well, won't, measure right)... I'm wiring up the rest of it tonight and tomorrow morning (for the signal from the computer)... So i will know how much it is out, but the display definately needs the code changed :)
PM me when you are ready, thanks Kirssn!

Aaron

orangepicker
2nd September 2005, 08:04 PM
i was once a tech at a holden dealership, i still have the astra astra vectra all cd's and my vectra gl.
to get to that thing i have to refresh my memory .. you have to have a secuity code from your book , you should have it written in a card it should come with the car. then you can convert everything you want. these cars have 1 pcm ,1 bcm and another module for ecm. i will ask my mate if he can do your car with out the security code. mind you it is not the radio code.

then will i put his addy here

NUTTTR
2nd September 2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah, i don't have the stock radio at all........
But what security code???? I don't know of one... ?

Thanks
Aaron

NUTTTR
2nd September 2005, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah, and it's not the display that came with the car, i was led to believe that there shouldn't be any trouble at all changing the code, just a setting?

NUTTTR
2nd September 2005, 10:09 PM
*it lives*
It works :) I need to get the code setup for my engine and it'll measure the right amount! At the moment i'm averaging 7.1mpg (that's about 11km for 4.5L of fuel, ROFL)... so it's definately not set to the right engine :)
Aaron

DirtyHarry
12th November 2007, 09:46 PM
this might help you out

The operation of the MID 's done through a steering column stalk (Schweibenwischerhebel) which 2 additional buttons (Set and Reset). So kann man durch die einzelnen Modi schalten und Werte zurücksetzen. So can you by the individual switch modes and values.
Drückt man beide Tasten 4 sek. If you press both buttons 4 sec. gleichzeitig so kann man sehen welcher Code für das Display programmiert wurde. At the same time, so you can see what code for the display has been programmed. Für jeden Motor bzw. unterschiedliche Reifengrössen gibt es verschiedene Codes welche vom Opelhändler mittels TECH2 (Diagnosegerät) programmiert werden können. For every engine and different tire sizes, there are several codes which the Opel dealers using TECH2 (diagnostic device) can be programmed.

DirtyHarry
12th November 2007, 09:47 PM
and i think this page sums it up at the end.
you need tech2 to put the correct engine code into the mid module

http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://mitglied.lycos.de/uslcrew/bc.htm&prev=/language_tools

Greg K
13th November 2007, 10:52 PM
you still after a tech 2??