PDA

View Full Version : Auto Salon Entre

JakeSRIT
30th August 2005, 09:49 PM
Hey guys

Just wondering if any of you guys would care to enter into brisbane auto salon as a club entre, for one its cheeper and 2 will get our name out there as a club,

we have to be entered in by the 14th of october and have a floor plan organised.

Let me know if any of you guys are interested. i think it would be fun, even if we just get some standard cars in there if we get a big group might put us on the map.

http://www.autosalon.org/main.asp

Clint
30th August 2005, 11:33 PM
i would probably be interested if we organised something for next year.. by then hopefully i would have done some things to my vectra

Namus
31st August 2005, 07:22 AM
pends who and how many others go in...my car isn't that flash tho...

JakeSRIT
31st August 2005, 08:31 AM
Car doesn't have to be that flash, have you seen some of the cars that enter into it. they are stock as a rock but they are part of the club. anyway its up to you if you wanna go. would be a cool thing to do to get everyone to meet eachother 2.

JasonGilholme
31st August 2005, 08:33 AM
I'm in for next year for sure. By then i'll have wheels and tint and possibly my body kit on top of all the other **** i've done already.

auzvectra
31st August 2005, 04:41 PM
would definately be in for next year, possibly for this year.
means i'd have to wash n polish d car but.
mine is practically standard.

auzvectra
31st August 2005, 05:24 PM
so when is it?
i couldnt find a date.

Clint
31st August 2005, 05:27 PM
yea this year is possible but not too likely for me.. depends on numbers i guess, but i havent done too much to my car yet, bit of a sound system, blue led and neon interior but nothin much. only got the car last friday!

auzvectra
31st August 2005, 05:33 PM
just downloaded the form, n it wasd there. 29-30 october, w/e after indy.

JakeSRIT
31st August 2005, 06:38 PM
come on guys, its like 2 months away heaps of time to get organised.

Namus
31st August 2005, 06:46 PM
come on guys, its like 2 months away heaps of time to get organised.

sorry; week before uni exams....no go. life's bigger than a car show..maybe next year :)

vectraguy01
31st August 2005, 08:55 PM
would definately be in for next year, possibly for this year.
means i'd have to wash n polish d car but.
mine is practically standard.
yer i would put mine in but i dunno if i have the extractors and full exhaust system put in then, still would like to otherwise next yr when we have more time to prepare our cars.

auzvectra
31st August 2005, 09:06 PM
yes, exhaust would be nice.
but so would ecu remap.
but so would opelisation.
but so would suspention.
but so would...............

Namus
31st August 2005, 09:08 PM
....an unlimited packet of tim-tams lol :)

vectraguy01
31st August 2005, 09:30 PM
well the opelisation will be happening very very soon, i will get back to you about front grill soon auzvectra.
hows the ecumap going

break
31st August 2005, 09:42 PM
Does anyone here actually have a car half worthy of Auto Salon material?

The only person I would say it worth is Ultim8DTM.... whatever his nick is :P... for the SPL comp (and even then... i'm fairly sure he has an SQ setup).

That said, Auto Salon is a pathetic excuse for a car show. The dyno + DB dragging is good... but the cars are just horrible.

JasonGilholme
1st September 2005, 08:30 AM
i think the idea behind entering auto salon would be for us to get the clubs name out there and promote it, not soley just to show of how much spare money we have laying around.

auzvectra
1st September 2005, 06:15 PM
never a wiser word said jason.
break, we all have cars hlf worthy, dey all opels!!! :P
on the last cruise, dug had some old guy drooln over his car.
so they cant be that bad!