PDA

View Full Version : Nice Giant Scratch

CateO
30th August 2005, 04:00 PM
I know everyone has had their experiences in scratches and people vandalising cars so I thought I'd put mine here too, because I am so so so so so so utterly and completely ... Annoyed <insert any bad/evil/swear word here>.

I park my car daily for work and walk about 10 mins down the street. It's parked in a residential street and have only seen one incident where a back window was smashed in on another car since I've been parking there (about 1.5 years). I didn't see that this had been done when I got to my car today because I am unwell, was leaving early, and just wanted to get home.

It's a beautiful scratch, along the passenger doors, front and back, clearly deep and yet another expense I will have to pay (have just finished 99% of the exterior mods on my car). Not Happy. Hopefully the pics will attach.

btm
30th August 2005, 04:31 PM
damn!! that's a solid scratch.... no good - hope the repairs go well

InsaneAsylum
30th August 2005, 04:39 PM
spewin.... unfortunately i can't see that buffing out.

low astra
30th August 2005, 05:15 PM
just cant trust the scum on the streets these days can u

Nem
30th August 2005, 05:47 PM
Bad luck Cate. Why why WHY!?? :mad:

JP Dyno
30th August 2005, 05:50 PM
dang thats deep,
and i think its metallic too, which means it'll take a bit mroe work to get it fixed right. B-(
sucks,
but we cant let these s**theads ruin all our fun eh?

Namus
30th August 2005, 06:01 PM
straight thru...sorry to see

Dee
31st August 2005, 08:15 AM
HOLY BEJEBUS!!!!! i didnt think it was that bad when you were telling me yesterday....

i can understand everything now....

low life scums!!!

JasonGilholme
31st August 2005, 08:41 AM
i feel for ya cateo, i feel for ya. Had mine scratched a week or two back and it wasn't as bad as yours and i almost had to go to the emergency room. Good luck getting it out. Let us know how it goes.

Jason

MK
31st August 2005, 03:55 PM
Hi,
Sorry to hear. Good luck with repairs.

blackSRi
31st August 2005, 05:36 PM
Keyed - what Ba***rds!!! - similar thing happed at Uni (work) to my mate's new Yellow Integra.
My car also was dented (by a student 4WD door -unauthorised parker) in the first 2 weeks I got it, and was scratched at work when a woman who was waiting for someone - leant on my SRi drivers' door, keys in her hand tapping them on/around the drivers handle. I actually caught her! (she had parked her new Merc further away in the same carpark to avoid damage - and decided my car was a nice roost).
Hey, some people just like being w**kers and damaging other's stuff - it's jealousy. Good luck on the repairs (I didn't bother for the scratches - my car is leased and going back to the company).

MiksOpel
31st August 2005, 07:14 PM
Seems like the scratch thugs are doing their rounds,

Never good to hear, I hope it works out for you,

CateO
31st August 2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks Kiddies !!! I have the next two days off work so am heading off to a few places (some recommended) to hopefully get this fixed without the expensive tag attached to it .. HOPEFULLY!!! Will keep you all posted !!!

In the meantime, I'm putting an electrical current thro my car so if any other wankers with no idea what an expensive possession is decide to even spit in it , they will be hurt VERY BADLY !!!

CateO
2nd September 2005, 10:26 AM
Well, the best price I can get (with a reasonable company) is $400, and 3 days without the car which is the worst part about it ...

I am booking it in for tuesday week so hopefulyl all goes well from here ! At the same time, my clock is resetting again (after Holden replaced the display 2 weeks ago) so my luck with my car is running out, or has run out. Trying to stay sane is becoming very difficult !!!

Tricky Ricky
2nd September 2005, 03:35 PM
Sorry to hear that, I had dents on mine when colleagues opened the door at the work carpark and my door got dented. :(

Needless to say, try to find another location to park your car, don't leave it on the same street again.

Red AH SRI T
2nd September 2005, 04:16 PM
Damn thats a scratch and a half, i hate when these bastards with no life can find the only thing that amuses them is to ruin someone elses property

If i caught them i would slit their throats.

ronj
3rd September 2005, 12:45 PM
We have a person in the eastern suburbs of Sydney who 'tags' cars by the street. lat year he did 16 cars in our street including ours, he scratched every panel except the roof, we needed a complete respray (except the roof). Since then he has tagged hundreds of cars around the area. Going up streets and tagging any new looking car, he leaves older models or rougher looking cars. But I believe in Karma and he will get his one day by scratching the wrong persons car and get caught.

Miss_Astra
3rd September 2005, 03:38 PM
OUCH! poor thing, good luck fixing it

Namus
3rd September 2005, 04:09 PM
We have a person in the eastern suburbs of Sydney who 'tags' cars by the street. lat year he did 16 cars in our street including ours, he scratched every panel except the roof, we needed a complete respray (except the roof). Since then he has tagged hundreds of cars around the area. Going up streets and tagging any new looking car, he leaves older models or rougher looking cars. But I believe in Karma and he will get his one day by scratching the wrong persons car and get caught.

yeah, we had a guy up here like that; until one day he decided to do the local Samoan's car...let's just say he hasn't been heard from/seen since...