PDA

View Full Version : temp gauge in astra and barina

HDTDude
27th August 2005, 07:00 PM
... well was wondering is anyone actually knows where they are located on the car, cause when u start the car its usally differnt temp then when u have been going for a while.
wondering does it get engine heat, wind, or whatever to effect the reading...

RapidSRi
27th August 2005, 11:07 PM
I trust your talking about the digital temperature in the centre cluster!? I have often wondered this, I assume it is somewhere out of the cabin so as to not been influenced by aircon etc

M-Technic
28th August 2005, 01:57 AM
well found out this tonight, its up front of car in the front bumper, i think they said on barinas its offset to the left (if ya looking at it from front) and on astras its in the middle. so eiter to the right of the number plate or behind.

HDTDude
28th August 2005, 09:08 AM
cheers, so its not really effected by wind?

Vectracious
28th August 2005, 10:12 PM
What I have found with both my Veccy B and my Astra H is if the car has been sitting in the sun for a while, the air in the bumper heats up and so when you first turn it on it would read a little higher than what the actual temperature is, once you start moving though, it picks up the actual ambient temp which is mostly accurate as it matches up to what they say on the radio within 0.5 degree most times.
It wouldnt get affected by wind because of where it is placed, but even if the wind did get to it, or there was some airflow past it, it shouldn't make a differnece anyway as it doesn't sweat like our skin does, so the wind wont make it "cool down" and give a different reading.... (Biology lesson - sorry!!)