PDA

View Full Version : I hit an F250 today in my Barina

CJB
25th August 2005, 07:39 PM
As the title reads... ha ha ha... was getting on the Moggill Ferry after work today and I was the last car to squeeze on, my work mate Josh was beside me and the ferry guy was signalling how much further up behind the F250 I could come. Anyways he kept motioning and he turned away to look at something on the River I guess... cos he wan't watching and I thought cos he kept motioning I had a bit more room to go (I wanted to get in tight, I didn't want to fall off into the Brisbane River, ha ha) and then Josh yells to me "HEY" but yeah, ran into the back of this huge F250. The Ferry man told the F250 driver that there was no damage to his car (of course there wasn't) but didn't tell me anything, just went and drove the ferry... so the F250 gives me the finger, cos none of us could get out we were jammed in. I kept thinking "what did this guy think I did it on purpose"? So for the next 6 minutes I sat there and eventually the got off the Ferry. I pulled over somewhere safer (away from the F250 guy) and my mate pulled over with me. We looked at my frotn bumper and again am amazed at the fact that it didn't do anything really. It has left some scuff marks above the number plate but didn't chip the paint and my Opel Grille was hanging (I have since reclipped it and reglued it). It was a hard hit to, cos I kind of took off and that is always kinda faster then slow driving and yeah, BANG. But what I wanna know is there anything I can do to hide the scuff marks? It's not that obvious, but.. yeah, I know it's there. I also have some scuffing on the side of the front bumper on one of those plastic strips where I hit a tree that had fallen in a storm. So with my collection of scuffings on the car, I wanna know what I can do to fix them (other than become a better driver). Normally something like this could almost bring me to tears, well not really, but certainly make me mad - but I just laughed it off. I just hope I don't see him on tomorrow's ferry. This will teach me for staying back a half hour later than 5pm.

180HOA
25th August 2005, 07:50 PM
Meguiars Scratch-X polish would probably be your best bet...

Namus
26th August 2005, 07:18 AM
u probably weren't mad cause it was u that him him even if it wasn't your fault....Ford drivers are always like that lol....

yeah, good some scatch remover like the one 180HOA suggested...

oneightoo
26th August 2005, 09:50 AM
lol dude, your always crashing into something.. maybe your just bad luck..

JasonGilholme
26th August 2005, 10:24 AM
lol dude, your always crashing into something.. maybe your just bad luck..

he is isn't he now that you mention it.

Namus
26th August 2005, 12:41 PM
i'll make sure that if we're ever on a cruise, that he's not behind me lol :D

CJB
26th August 2005, 03:38 PM
he is isn't he now that you mention it.

NO... ha ha ha. I am thinking it's the Barina. It's just not working for me.

Yeah, I should have paid more attention though to the F250 and not relied so heavily on the ferry man. I laughed it off not cos I hit him... but cos he got mad at me and what damage could my car possibly cause his? At that speed anyways.

JasonGilholme
26th August 2005, 05:01 PM
namus bro i'd be worried about drivin behind him....he tends to vere off the road a bit so if you don't wanna crash your car stay away.. lol.

Namus
26th August 2005, 05:51 PM
maybe I'll just stay away completely lol

typetnt
27th August 2005, 01:45 PM
Just be sure to check the clips that are holding the bumper in place. Holden like to use ONLY plastic clips with rubber washers that pop out EXTREMELY easily when impact has occurred. And the tiniest of impact will also warp any plastic bumper, so check that the sides of the rubber sealing is holding.
Holden claim they did all this so that the bumper falls off first when in a crash. Since it falls off so easily, it gets run over and damages the underbody of your car though. Yay!