PDA

View Full Version : The New Site!!!

zoidberg
15th August 2005, 12:46 PM
The new site looks awsome!!! It seems the issues have been resolved, thanks for your hard work admin, I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Rob

JP Dyno
15th August 2005, 01:54 PM
dont mean to post a downer, but i think the old site looked alot more welcoming. It doesnt have a professional, respectable vibe anymore.

whats 'welcome to the darkside' about? is this a starwars website or something?

its losing alot of its credibility.

Turblue
15th August 2005, 01:58 PM
JP Dyno...

I'll skin it when I learn how to program it..!!!! :)

Please have a search around for templates for vBulletin forums, and let me know of one you like. Also, if you don't like the title graphic, make one up for me. I would honestly love to have suggestions here..!!! :D

This is a forum for everyone to use. Bit by bit I will get things added again. We'll get there with a little help.

This particular forum is actually of commercial grade, I bought it over the weekend. It is highly customizable. Just like the phpBB2 style. It is just a matter of designing and programming.

Unfortunately, the corruption in the phpbb database would have been extremely hard for me to find. There are about 50,000+ entries in the user table, and this is where the error seemed to be. That is just way too much to search through..!!!! The conversion to this forum solved that issue, and introduced a couple more for good measure. :eek:

Heck, we'll get there...!!

Wayne.

JP Dyno
15th August 2005, 02:26 PM
fair enough.
i dont mind the layout, infact browsing through now its probably alot quicker and works alot smoother than the old one. just the new title, and disappearing the intro page (which i thought was fantastic while it was around) kindof waters down the site alot.

Namus
15th August 2005, 02:52 PM
yeah much quicker (obviously); looks good too.. like the skin

looking good admin :)

oneightoo
15th August 2005, 03:08 PM
I like it..

Maybe change the yellow font colour to something a little easier to read.. my eyes arent that good.. other than that, the speed is totally worth the overhaul..

zoidberg
15th August 2005, 05:23 PM
i think it looks hot.

with the catch phrase thing....maybe something like "Welcome to euro...." (obviously not .... but something)

CJB
15th August 2005, 07:33 PM
It's taking a bit to get use to... but it seems ok. Very different though...

Wattie
15th August 2005, 07:39 PM
in a threads, i cant see any post from mine onwards... i have to use "hybrid layout" hmmm :(

astro boy
15th August 2005, 08:04 PM
I like the way it fades out like windows does when logging out. Nice touch

dbcorsa
15th August 2005, 08:05 PM
looking good, glad to see the state forums included again.

Alfonzo
15th August 2005, 08:07 PM
Sweet merciful crap, I don't show up for a few days and it changes again!

lol this isn't a bad thing either, I quite like it. And the speed issue is no more. Well done!

Jay2323
21st August 2005, 02:21 AM
Yeah, gotta say i like the layout of this site. I'm not too big with forums, but it took me awhile to change to the "Hybrid" view, which is useful!

Just came over from the MSN site, after seeing a "stop posting here!!!" note! lol.

Looking fwd for this site to continually grow!!!