PDA

View Full Version : 2.8ltr 190 vectra

astro boy
11th August 2005, 03:33 PM
Why can't holden bring these or the astra vxr over!vectra vxr (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/59018/monster_new_160mph_vectra_vxr_unleashed.html)

InsaneAsylum
11th August 2005, 03:52 PM
because it would probably take precious SS commodore sales away

rjastra
11th August 2005, 04:06 PM
Because no one would buy... I can guarantee that none of the whingers off here that plead for its release would buy one when push came to shove. :)

thirteen
11th August 2005, 05:44 PM
id buy one if it was priced around current pricing and was awd :D

oneightoo
11th August 2005, 05:48 PM
Because no one would buy... I can guarantee that none of the whingers off here that plead for its release would buy one when push came to shove. :)

let the boy dream hehe :)

zoidberg
12th August 2005, 09:31 AM
OH MY GOD!!!

What the hell has Opel done to the front end of this car.......they've killed it

RK
12th August 2005, 09:57 AM
wish they had changed the backend instead :(

zoidberg
12th August 2005, 10:43 AM
wish they had changed the backend instead :(Yeah i sort of agree.

Sometimes i think the front of the new astra should look something like the front of the Older spec ZC Vectra. Not that i dont like the look of the new astra, its growing on me fast especially the coupe. Its just as soon as i laid eyes on the ZC veccy i thought it was hot.

Anyone good at photoshop?

astro boy
12th August 2005, 11:37 AM
Well I'm getting an evo IX because there is no competition for it other than the sti, but if holden brough out an awd 190kw vectra I might have another car to test drive before buying the evo.

Namus
12th August 2005, 02:47 PM
lol; wat can i say....

Mr T
12th August 2005, 03:11 PM
at GBP24,000 ($60,000) plus Frieght, Duties and on-roads...would you sign up when there is a Clubsport sitting next you in the showroom...???

Vectra VXR - 6.6 0-60mph
Clubsport - 5.25 0-100kph

hhhmmmmm

I dont think the're coming here champ ! ! !

FlySri
12th August 2005, 04:32 PM
Not shaw on that one!!
Would have to see it in the flesh!!
Sounds good though!

Wattie
12th August 2005, 05:35 PM
give me a few months... i;ll beat it anyway..

aussie_in_london
12th August 2005, 06:32 PM
at GBP24,000 ($60,000) plus Frieght, Duties and on-roads...would you sign up when there is a Clubsport sitting next you in the showroom...???

Vectra VXR - 6.6 0-60mph

hhhmmmmm

i know what i would go for and it wouldnt be the vectra vxr
clubsport bring it on
send one over here for me and ill show the pomms a real aussie muscle car lol

180HOA
12th August 2005, 08:01 PM
would you sign up when there is a Clubsport sitting next you in the showroom...???

I'd take the Vectra over the Clubby. Sure, the HSV's are quicker, but they just seem heavy and clumsy to me - and the bogan image puts me off...

M-Technic
13th August 2005, 01:08 AM

Vectra VXR - 6.6 0-60mph

hhhmmmmm

vectra VXR = Euro engineering = bye bye clubby when ya hit real roads
clubsport = piece of junk = good for a straigh line

anyway at $60 000 ide rather spend another $5000 and get a BMW 130i (due for release at end of year) and say bye bye to both of em!!!

Dave
13th August 2005, 07:39 AM
lol bogan sif, I resent that :P

Namus
13th August 2005, 11:30 AM
sure clubbie would be faster (of course it would be)

how would it handle tho....?

astro boy
13th August 2005, 02:49 PM

Vectra VXR - 6.6 0-60mph

hhhmmmmm

Yeah if your a bogan. Not everything is about 0-100 time. Give me awd any day. Besides Clubsport times are more like 5.7secs 0-100.

Wattie
13th August 2005, 04:36 PM
but how easy and cheap are clubsports to tweak??? vroom vroom. but i'd take the vectra too, vrooom ptsh! haha

rjastra
14th August 2005, 06:46 PM
vectra VXR = Euro engineering = bye bye clubby when ya hit real roads

Bbwwhahahahahahahahahahaha..... will you guys please read what you write.

The Vectra is COMPREHENSIVELY outhandled by lowly Honda Accords and Mazda 6s. I am not sure what miracle Vauxhall applies to the new VXR to make it suddenly into a handling champ.

Go check BFYB (Motor) about how quickly a Clubsport actually can circulate around a track.

M-Technic
14th August 2005, 10:48 PM
i dont know the stats on the VXR or the clubby. but personally ide put my money on the VXR,
Everyone knows european engineering is better :D
And the way the astra sriT handles im sure the vectra wouldnt be far behind. ide like to see a clubsport try his luck with an astra in the hills!!!
But anyway at that price range ide be headin straight for a 130i, neither of those 3 cars would stand a chance.
But i guess thats just the Bavarian in em:D:D:D

aussie_in_london
15th August 2005, 09:24 AM
Bbwwhahahahahahahahahahaha..... will you guys please read what you write.

The Vectra is COMPREHENSIVELY outhandled by lowly Honda Accords and Mazda 6s. I am not sure what miracle Vauxhall applies to the new VXR to make it suddenly into a handling champ.

Go check BFYB (Motor) about how quickly a Clubsport actually can circulate around a track.

Its no miracle mate, the veccy vxr is riding on a chassie and suspension set up designed and built by Lotus, your statement has no credibilty as the VXR has yet to be released and is not the same vectra you have implied and campared with the Honda Accord.

Your statement would have more meaning if you was defining the correct vehicle - vectra VXR and not the previous SRi/GSi veccy model.

rjastra
15th August 2005, 11:35 AM
aussie_in_london said.....

Its no miracle mate, the veccy vxr is riding on a chassie and suspension set up designed and built by Lotus, your statement has no credibilty as the VXR has yet to be released

aussie_in_london also said.....

i know what i would go for and it wouldnt be the vectra vxr
clubsport bring it on

ummm. please make up your mind :)

aussie_in_london
15th August 2005, 05:18 PM
aussie_in_london said.....

aussie_in_london also said.....

ummm. please make up your mind :)

and where in my second statement did i mention the club sport or compare it to the vectra?
yes i would have the club sport and even a monaro over the vectra vxr
but in answer to your statement on the handling of the vxr, it is no miracle by vauxhall for the improved handling as the chassie set up is by lotus which cant be used incomparison to the Honda as it is yet to be released and is a different veccy set up to the one you made judgment on.

2 different statements mate to 2 different parts of this thread you just happened to combine into one response to me