PDA

View Full Version : Key scratch in paint!!! HELP!!

JasonGilholme
11th August 2005, 02:30 PM
hi guys and gals

Went to lunch today and came back to my car and there was a whoppingly big key scratch on the rear quarter panel of my corsa.... sorta below the tail lights. How do i get it out??? i've got some meguires scratch x at home. do you think that will help get rid of it or am i stuck iwth an ugly looking panel???

please help.

jason

M-Technic
11th August 2005, 02:41 PM
sorry to hear
what about touch up paint?

JohnBu
11th August 2005, 02:47 PM
can you see metal?

if not scratch X should be able to fill it up..

you'll always see it, but you should be able to make it better

JasonGilholme
11th August 2005, 02:48 PM

JasonGilholme
11th August 2005, 02:50 PM
I'll have to get a vinyl stripe or somethin down the side of my car to cover the bloody thing up.

oneightoo
11th August 2005, 02:52 PM
if it's deep and down to the metal your outta luck dude, but if not, than the scratch x should be fine..

dont use touch up paint, it never looks as good unless you get the paint to match your colour exactly..

lowey22
11th August 2005, 02:52 PM
yeah, how deep is it? ive got a 2 long sratch marks done the side that i have to try to fix, but they are pretty deep. so this sratch x stuff does what exactly?

oneightoo
11th August 2005, 02:54 PM
by the way..

sorry to hear you got keyed.. i really hate how people can be so retarded and do sh1t like that.. you really gotta wonder about the mentality of some people.. are they jealous you have a nice car or are they just plain rat bags who dont give a flying hoo haa about people's property..

JasonGilholme
11th August 2005, 02:56 PM
not sure how it works but it took all the swirl marks outta my bonnet real easily. i'm prayin it's gonna fix my problem. i don't know if its down to the metal but when i rub my finger over it i can feel a definate scratch mark.

oneightoo
11th August 2005, 02:59 PM
if you cant see metal then it's likley but not guaranteed to be not down to the metal..

get a quote from a smash repairer.. my brother had a big scuff mark on his commodore which only cost $90 to get done at a smash repairer.. it's more expenside than a bottle of scracth x but you do get a professional job done and looking brand new again..

JasonGilholme
11th August 2005, 03:01 PM
you really gotta wonder about the mentality of some people.. are they jealous you have a nice car or are they just plain rat bags who dont give a flying hoo haa about people's property..

I think its a bit of both. The thing that shits me is the fact that i work an hour away from home and nothing like this ever happens where i come from, it only happens in some areas. I was at the shops gettin lunch last week and this lady was packin groceries into her car and she pushed her trolley outta the way and it hit someone elses car. She didn't even stop to check if she did any damage she just kept goin on with her own business.. whats gets to me even more is she was one of those people that leave their trolley sittin in the middle of nowhere. There was a trolley bay not even 15 metres away. Lazy bitch.

Sorry guys just really annoyed at the moment.

Thanks for puttin up with it.

jason

btm
11th August 2005, 03:09 PM
no good - hope you get it looking good again

oneightoo
11th August 2005, 03:19 PM
Sorry guys just really annoyed at the moment.

Thanks for puttin up with it.

hehe i feel your pain dude..

JasonGilholme
11th August 2005, 03:26 PM
hehe i feel your pain dude..

thanks bro

azza_13
11th August 2005, 04:37 PM
felt that pain when i ladder resting up against the wall in the garage was knocked.

u cant do anything but watch it "slowly" fall towards my left rear window and put a huge dint just above it :cry:

MiksOpel
11th August 2005, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear,
Pea Brains will always exsist in our world, and thats all they'll ever be.
Whilst they may make your life miserable, you'll fix it and carry on with a respectable future, they'll continue to be low life scums living in shunned communities still saving for a razor to shave their beards.

oneightoo
11th August 2005, 05:45 PM
well said

ronj
11th August 2005, 05:50 PM
last year a guy went up our street and tagged sixteen cars, they left older cars and tagged any newer car. Our car needed a whole respray he even scratched his initials into our bonnet. Our neighbour had a dark green subaru outback 2003 model it was destroyed with the blade cutting into the metal. We all pay for it in the long run with our insurance premiums. Our car cost $6000 to respray multiply that by 16 and thats what the various insurance companies payed out less our excess. Stupid, idiotic act by a moron. I cant understand why he did it. I've got no answers

MK
11th August 2005, 05:58 PM
hi Jason,

Completely understand! Couple of years ago we picked up a brand new Holden Calas Black Mica in colour. Only after two weeks someone had scratched a whole passanger side, right from the headlights, throught the side doors all the way to the tail lights... deep key scratch, looked "pretty" on the black paint.

as to any suggestions, well we tried few things to cover it up.

1.Maguires for the light scratches - worked ok
2.touch up paint and touch up pen for the deep scratch - complete waste of time. does not work and it looks bad.

my suggestion is definiately smash repairers.

Take care,
Marcin

auzvectra
12th August 2005, 07:12 PM
hey jason, i gotta card here for a mobile fella, that is really cheap, i had a little scratch in the front of mine, that was sposed to br fixed when i got the car, but i think the salesman got in trouble for sayin they would fix it, but he gave me a card for a guy, that was gonna repray the whole bonnet for $80.
sounds really cheap, doenst sound right to me, but thats what he said.
will prob c u out tomoz nite.

btm
12th August 2005, 07:24 PM
80 bucks for the whole bonnet...?!?!?

doesn't sound right at all....

CJB
12th August 2005, 07:52 PM
Least your car is silver Jason... scratches are a little easier to hide, but yeah that would suck having to find that one on your car!

Who is this guy for $80!!! I have stone chips on my bonnet and being black stands out like a sore thumb!!!

Hope it all gets fixed. In my opinion, those scratch repair kits or sprays don't work, or if they do, not as well as you would hope. If they did... they would be so much more expensive and everyone would talk about them - recommend them I should say.

JasonGilholme
13th August 2005, 08:26 AM
those scratch repair kits or sprays don't work, or if they do, not as well as you would hope.

the only time i've ever had one of those work was on my old crappy magna.... but it was white and easy to guess the colour. But with the paint on these newer cars it would be so hard tio guess especially a silver one.

CJB
13th August 2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah cos they have those variations of silver now don't they??? Lightening Silver, Star Silver... etc Plus you have to allow for general paint fading wouldn't you?

auzvectra
14th August 2005, 09:03 PM
Kwik Fix
Adam Gregory

just say u got refered by a refered person, from graham, from robina holden.
damn dat a mouthful