PDA

View Full Version : BMC CDA Review

Nem
10th August 2005, 03:43 PM
Just thought I'd post this info for BMC CDA users. Found a forum post about a BMC CDA that was installed in a MG for 12 months. Gives a good idea of the functionality of the filter as well as an overview of how to clean it. It all now seems simple really but was bugging me out for a bit there as I have NFI. :D

[web:1063d79963]http://www.xpower-mg.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201926&postcount=1[/web:1063d79963]

Does anyone know where to get the BMC cleaning and reoiling kits from?

Ben

entice
10th August 2005, 04:59 PM
i used to have a BMC on a car I used to own, it was an MX5 and I had the carbon fibre unit that was intended for engines over 2L capacity. Nice piece of gear, but nothing too aesthetically pleasing to look at. Benefit of it was that it could be mounted directly onto the exhaust manifold without affecting inlet temps.
Nice throaty sound, nice flexibility and throttle response.

I also had a straight pod under the bonnet, onto the maf sensor. Sounded even better. drove fabulously once the car was warm or in summer, but was an absolute PIG in the colder months or if the car was cold.

BMC is a good compromise, but it comes at a cost.

I Currently have an APS CAI (which is EPA Legal) but of course it's on a different car. BMC couldnt be fitted to the current car (Lack of space to mount the canister), and the APS unit is custom made for the car.

My 2c..BMC is a good functional unit, but nothing too nice to look at....

astra_city
12th August 2005, 12:37 AM
I've been very happy with mine - a fair bit better than expected improvement in throttle response (drive it back to back with my mum's stock 1.8 and it's really noticeable) and also revs freer above 5500rpm.

Mine's about due for a clean as well. I was just going to use K&N oil to re-oil it. Not sure what to use to wash it though.

CAL.16V
12th August 2005, 01:06 AM
arent these things like $500+???

Nem
12th August 2005, 09:32 AM
You could probably ship (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/eagleday/allmacdacady.html) one to Australia for under $500.