PDA

View Full Version : Production Car Astra Woopin

JakeSRIT
10th August 2005, 10:03 AM
Was watch fox sports the other day and flijcked over to production car racing,

it was the 4cl turbo class, and two astra turbos were killing the other cars by like a lap, they looked awsome 2, the new astra H shape with a big T wing, 19 inch wheels and killer paint.

anyway throught i just let everyone in on the fact that they were totally killing both subarus and other asorted 4cl turbs.

Mr T
10th August 2005, 10:18 AM
You sure they wern't touring class???

with the 4.0L V8 AWD ???

Nem
10th August 2005, 10:38 AM
Probably the VXR boys from the BTCC series.

[web:e0d7067d60]http://vauxhall.co.uk/vxr/onTheTrack/btcc.jhtml[/web:e0d7067d60]

Mr T
10th August 2005, 06:14 PM
I think I stand corrected...

...I seen that the other night too, that was them...

I got a question though...In the specs of that car it says 2000cc Turbo but then says "Naturally Aspirated" whats the deal there???

OPC
10th August 2005, 06:23 PM
I think I stand corrected...

...I seen that the other night too, that was them...

I got a question though...In the specs of that car it says 2000cc Turbo but then says "Naturally Aspirated" whats the deal there???

yeah i wonder... check out the astra t on GT4 and it has both N/A and TURBO specs

but yeah the last astra t tourer was a V8 dunno bout the new ones though

Mrs T
11th August 2005, 09:25 AM
check out the astra t on GT4 and it has both N/A and TURBO specs

LMFAO , i dont know if Gran Turismo is the greatest source of information..... hehe :lol:

OPC
11th August 2005, 06:16 PM

LMFAO , i dont know if Gran Turismo is the greatest source of information..... hehe :lol:

ok smartie... :roll:

Mrs T
12th August 2005, 09:34 AM

ok smartie... :roll:

:oops: dont worry i still luv ya hehe

imay
12th August 2005, 10:55 AM
II got a question though...In the specs of that car it says 2000cc Turbo but then says "Naturally Aspirated" whats the deal there???

I think it works this way:

British and Euro Touring Car Championship cars are 2 litre "naturally" aspirated. That is, fuel injected, 6 speed sequential gear box, stripped out, fully caged (similar to our V8 Supercars). Great fun to watch! Very close racing, with plenty of biffo!

Then there is (or was, not sure that this category still exists) a European sports car class that ran V8 powered machines (e.g. Merc, BMW, Astra coupes, Audi etc., etc.). Similar to the DTM class cars, with chopped, low bodies, big wings and aero kits. Similar to our Sports Car category. Porsche don't compete in this class because they have their own exclusive "Porsche Cup" series, which is run in various forms world wide.

Then . . . there is the 2 litre turbo car that we all know and love. I am sure that someone somwhere races these, but I don't think they have a particular racing class/category solely for them, though. I will make enquiries from friends o/seas and try to confirm all of the above.

Hope this helps a bit . . .