PDA

View Full Version : Police Harrassment

Didz
6th August 2005, 01:56 PM
Last night driving home from Castle Hill, I was followed and then harrased by a patrol car from Quakers Hill Police Station (the bonnet said QH).

I turned right onto Windsor Road, from Windsor road at Kellyville. Just where old windsor road end. I was in the outside lane, doing 80kmh which is the speed limit. I merged when the 3rd lane ended, Driving up past castlebrook cemetary i noticed a car swerving between a pack of cars about 500 metres away.

It had those lights, i don't know what they're called. They flash blue, and are just generally annoying. This struck me as suss, so i made sure i was doing the speed limit. Going past the mean fiddler i merged into the right lane. This car was still behind me.

Driving past the old rouse hill public school i realised he was a cop, because i had to slow down for a car turning right into annangrove road. He wasn't close enough behind me to make it obvious he was following me, but i suspected it.

Continuing to drive down Windsor Road, At Box Hill where the roadworks start, i slowed down to do 60. Going through the roadworks, the car sped up so he was directly behind me, and as soon as i came to the part of the road where you simply can't pull over because of the barricades on the road. He turned his highbeam on. This continued for the entire stratch of the roadworks. I sat on 60, Thank god for cruise control.

Just after the roadworks ended, i merged straight over to the left lane, sped up to the 80 speed limit. First opportunity the cops got, they did a u-turn in a median strip.

By this time i was well and truly freaked out. I was only 5 minutes from home, so i kept driving. Got home, rang Quakers Hill Police Station and reported being harrased by one of their patrol cars. I memorised the number plate. They said they'd look into it.

I truly don't think they will, so A) where can i take it? Is there some kind of independant complaints board? and B) in future, if something like that happens what is the best thing to do? Just keep driving towards your destination? Turn off, take some back streets? Pull over as soon as possible?

I realise I'm a P-plater, but that is still no justification for just blatant harrassment. I drive an astra for christ sakes, it not some riced up skyline with a massive exhaust.

And i use to think cops were tops.

xerxes
6th August 2005, 02:07 PM
they're probaby just doing it because they thought you'd go off and do something as soon as they weren't following you, and the beams and shit were just intimidation.

i had teh same thing happen to me during daylight turning right off beecroft road up onto pennant hills road. i floored it through the corner, and merged through 3 lanes of light traffic to get into the left lane to turn down boundary road.

when i reached boundary road intersection, the cop was right behind me. i put the cruise on and dropped into second gear for the downhill drive, and he was right on my arse.

i stopped at bellamy road lights, and the cop pulled into the right-turn lane lext to me and gave me a glare, and when the light went green, i slowly pushed off the mark.....he then cut INFRONT of the guy behind me, and pushed back into the lane so he could tail me some more.

i just cruised all the wayto macquarie drive, when i turned right, and he just went flying past me continuing down boundary rd.

i reckon he did it because he saw me accellerate really hard up the hill on pennant hills rd (still under the limit of 70kmh), and then tailed me to intimidate.

dont think too much of it.....the beams are a shit, but its not worth chasing up

BassyAstra
6th August 2005, 03:51 PM
Unnecessary high beaming is against the law.
EVEN flashing your high beams is illegal, it was on current affair!
You can even lose points off your license for an accidental flash.

auzvectra
6th August 2005, 04:05 PM
but we have euro cars, i was just goin to wash my windscreen, u know for safty reasons so i could see properly, n forgot that it was the other 1. 8)

Opel_Cali_91
6th August 2005, 04:18 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha OMG, thats brilliant

NUTTTR
6th August 2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, watch the new cop cars too now.... Noticed a few today... They have camera's on the front and rear of the cars.... looks like they are recording everything now... Not sure if that's been there before, first time i've ever noticed a camera front and rear in the middle of the windows... Good quality ones too, not cheapo's! Watch out ;)

Namus
7th August 2005, 02:54 PM
if u could clearly see it was a cop car; u could have pulled over and pretended you were answering the phone or something....

yes, i know the point here is the fact that he DID harrass you, but u could have gotten rid of him....and no, this is not an attempt to justify the cops actions...(in case anyone thought that)

EGG80X
7th August 2005, 04:21 PM
should have got around a block several time, they tend to get the message after that.....

CJB
7th August 2005, 06:16 PM
If I were you I'd be freaking - if I know there is a cop behind me that's it, I just pull over! First making sure it's legal, he he he, but I tend to always go over the speed limit without realising, so that's my first reaction. I've been told sometimes Police do it just to scare you - which is outright bullying!!!

Has anyone seen those Highway Patrol cars around? Crap they look good, but gave me a fright when they pulled someone over, I thought it was like an ambo vehicle or something. Also - there unmarked cars are becoming harder to detect. These days around town there is a red Commodore that has a rear spoiler, alloys, just looks like an ordinary Joe drives it...

That's a good question, who to take Police complaints to? Wouldn't it be the Police Commissioner? Or is that too far up the line?

Wattie
7th August 2005, 06:25 PM
pull over, but be carfull where you do, could be a no stopping zone, liek those roadworks would be, i know exactly where you mean,
rather than ring the police station, go down there and make a written complaint. ask for an appology. or say you'll take it higher.

EAK33Y
7th August 2005, 06:30 PM
A mate of mine got booked for answering is moby while driving he is selling his car with the number on the back window andswered the phone and the person said pull over sir your getting a ticket for answering your phone while driving

Now thats bullshit

CJB
7th August 2005, 06:32 PM
A mate of mine got booked for answering is moby while driving he is selling his car with the number on the back window andswered the phone and the person said pull over sir your getting a ticket for answering your phone while driving

Now thats **moderated**

Really??? That's just wrong... how can they do that? That's Police bullying at it's finest!

EAK33Y
7th August 2005, 06:44 PM
Well apparantly they can cause he didnt pull over and was using his mobile while driving

CJB
7th August 2005, 06:46 PM
But they set him up!!! I spose they would argue he should know the law then... ???

Is he contesting it? I would...

Namus
7th August 2005, 06:53 PM
man that's cheap...

EAK33Y
7th August 2005, 08:34 PM
No use my other mate had the same thing happen and he contested it and was still found guilty

M-Technic
7th August 2005, 08:37 PM
wouldnt that be entrapment??? i dont think cops are allowed to do that.

16vopl
7th August 2005, 10:49 PM
the easiest thing to do is just pull over... and do nothing as they can book you on minor technicalities. you are allowed to just pull over and do nothing.

pull over, but be carfull where you do, could be a no stopping zone
you can stop in no stopping zones as long as the car is running. its not counted as "stopping"

A mate of mine got booked for answering is moby while driving he is selling his car with the number on the back window
you can get booked for this, by pulling over it includes turning off the car, otherwise its still running and your still driving.

also he couldve got booked for having it advertised on the window without a license to sell cars :roll: very technical crap you know

rjastra
10th August 2005, 02:30 PM
wouldnt that be entrapment??? i dont think cops are allowed to do that.

We live in AUSTRALIA, not the USA :)

rjastra
10th August 2005, 02:36 PM
ust after the roadworks ended, i merged straight over to the left lane, sped up to the 80 speed limit. First opportunity the cops got, they did a u-turn in a median strip.

Have you ever thought they weren't actually following you...
The u-turn directly after the barracades may suggest they were on the way to a crime scene.
The highneams may have simply been "get out of the way"!

ultim8DTM5
12th August 2005, 09:52 PM
Suck it up junior.
You failed to mention what time it was at night. I'm happy if a police car is following me, means that they are doing their job and being proactive.

JasonGilholme
13th August 2005, 08:32 AM
I'm happy if a police car is following me, means that they are doing their job and being proactive.

I agree with you there but my opinion will change when they pull me over and book me for somethin stupid.

KID_SRi
13th August 2005, 12:15 PM
I call Police Harrassment, When you have a Highly Modified(Engineered and Roadworty) Car that rarely get driven. Everytime you do drive it, It gets defected by Officers from the same Station and happen to be from the same station as the Cop that lives over the Road from me.
So if that isn't police Entrapment/Harassment, Then I don't know what is.

SXXXI
13th August 2005, 04:47 PM
i don't kow what is like in the eastern states but in WA cops are dodge. I know of so many ppl who simply cannot drive their cars coz they are marked and everytime they pull out of their driveway they get a yellow sticker. My boyfriend has had like 9 yellow stickers in the past year or something even though he has permits for every mod!

zoidberg
13th August 2005, 07:57 PM
The highneams may have simply been "get out of the way"!

They could have used the siren then.

Give somebody alittle power and it goes to there head.....thats all im gonna say

InSaNe^Sna1L
16th August 2005, 01:47 PM
just let it go.....

if you make a complaint they will harass you even more. Its the small town syndrome. I lived in a small town for a while and had mates who used to get pulled over all the time. If you play it cool they will leave you alone. If you don't...preper for the squirrely wrath