PDA

View Full Version : Arrival of AH SRi Turbo

zoidberg
30th July 2005, 01:39 PM
The Holden Website now says "Set to arrive early 2006" for the AH Turbo.

:( :(

Dave
30th July 2005, 02:20 PM
hmmmm

Anonymous
30th July 2005, 03:17 PM
pushing and pushing and pushing, :P it always happens, best you can say is it will be out within a year lol

BassyAstra
30th July 2005, 03:56 PM
The tigra says August but the head of sales guy at australias largest holden dealership said October.

Namus
31st July 2005, 08:01 AM
i thought it was november for the turbo...

zoidberg
31st July 2005, 12:56 PM
My take on all this is that the date they specify on the web site is when you can go into a dealership and put your order in.....not actually see and drive the car

imay
31st July 2005, 02:03 PM
Word I have heard is Turbo will be here early 2006 @ $39,000.

imay
31st July 2005, 02:03 PM
Word I have heard is Turbo will be here early 2006 @ $39,000.

zoidberg
31st July 2005, 02:55 PM
hmmm....more expensive than first said

JP Dyno
31st July 2005, 04:04 PM
yeah and same engine, and no leather

180HOA
31st July 2005, 05:04 PM
I've been told it's to be $35k by someone in Holden sales - which conforms with the rest of the AH range being cheaper than the equivalent TS...

$39 would look pretty pricey against the Golf GTi

Red AH SRI T
31st July 2005, 06:02 PM
At our dealership meeting the other day our GM said the turbo would be here in January

zoidberg
31st July 2005, 06:44 PM
$39 would look pretty pricey against the Golf GTi

EXACTLY!!

GTI - Big Sports seats...SRi T - Ordinary sport seats
GTI - Full body kit (a nice one at that).....SRi T - Stick on bits
GTI - Big brakes....SRi T - seeing our SRi T isn't the OPC version, little brakes

need it go on?

rjastra
31st July 2005, 06:57 PM
well... take the CDX 3 door and add about $8000. That was about the price difference between the TS Sri and the TS SRi T.

So you should expect it to be around $34-35K. In europe the SRiT is heaps cheaper than a Golf Gti.

zoidberg
31st July 2005, 10:24 PM
I know the SRi T should be cheaper......but if its not at least 4000 cheaper then i'll be buying the golf

dug74
31st July 2005, 10:41 PM
well... take the CDX 3 door and add about $8000. That was about the price difference between the TS Sri and the TS SRi T.

So you should expect it to be around $34-35K. In europe the SRiT is heaps cheaper than a Golf Gti.

Its actually only a £1000 cheaper in UK and in the video posted up which i d/l...it also said for a better all round car...not just speed wise...the Golf was a better option.

Cheers

rjastra
1st August 2005, 01:02 PM
The base SriT is 2000UKP cheaper than an equivalent base Gti Golf.
That's quite a bit of difference.

The VXr has no equivalent (at present) in the Golf range

SRI Turbo
1st August 2005, 02:05 PM
I drove the new Golf GTI, its a damn nice car, great mid range acceleration and awesome throttle responce, but its still not as quick as the old sri turbo through 1/4 mile, motor only got like a 15.7 odd compared to a 15.2 ( both of which are not the best figures that can be obtained) however I would say the gti would have superior overtaking times in lower gears due to shorter gearing. The new sri turbo which is due to come out next year is about a second slower to 100km/h then its older brother, and after seeing the fit and finish of the new golf, there is no way one would buy the new astra over the golf, given the same money.

zoidberg
1st August 2005, 05:23 PM
damn, i was hoping with the new 6 speed manual in the astra's it would make it a little quicker, especially seeing its the exact same motor.....but i guess the car is heavier than the older model

dug74
1st August 2005, 05:29 PM

They actually put the VXR Astra up against the Golf GTi and Reno Megane Sports.

The VXR was £1000 cheaper and outstripped both in str8 line perfomance and speed. But the Golf was better and more on the road than both the astra and megane on the track. Overall the guy said the astra was a good package but the Golf was overall worth the extra bucks. <COMPLETE PACKAGE>.

That should clear things up.....if not i can try and post a link to the autospeed segment they aired on UKTV.

Aussie-in-London
2nd August 2005, 02:06 AM

In Europe / UK tha astra VXR and OPC are cheaper than the GTi
so not sure why you guys will be paying more for the SRi

Aussie-in-London
2nd August 2005, 02:18 AM

They actually put the VXR Astra up against the Golf GTi and Reno Megane Sports.

The VXR was £1000 cheaper and outstripped both in str8 line perfomance and speed. But the Golf was better and more on the road than both the astra and megane on the track. Overall the guy said the astra was a good package but the Golf was overall worth the extra bucks. <COMPLETE PACKAGE>.

That should clear things up.....if not i can try and post a link to the autospeed segment they aired on UKTV.

that was Top Gears results and Clarkson is very much against the griffen badge
have a read of the report from from autocar (www.autocar.co.uk)
and they pitted the 3 and yes the GTi was an overall package (nice car for a family) but in respect to a hot hatch the vxr outclassed the other 2, and at the end of the day they where finding the best hot hatch performance and handling with the hot hatch look
The GTi needs a body kit not the half effort half finished black rear bumper and side skirts

Aussie-in-London
2nd August 2005, 02:23 AM

The Golf R32 you could pit against the VXR but the R32 being a awd
and was slightly slower around the track on TG 2.5 sec slower for the GTi

rjastra
2nd August 2005, 08:09 AM
The Golf R32 you could pit against the VXR but the R32 being a awd

You could... but its not really the current model Golf... BTW they took ages to off load those R32 over here. Too exxy for what you got. Major discounting to get rid of them

Aussie-in-London
2nd August 2005, 05:59 PM
there is talk of a new R32 being developed, not sure when it will be due, but will be in direct comp with a wrx over here being awd
not overly impressed with the finish of the golf gti though, those half black bumpers and side skirts dont set it off as a hot hatch but it is now more targeted in reports as a hot hatch with family appeal
"jump in the back kiddies and buckle up your race harnesses. off to school we go"