PDA

View Full Version : Finally the astra has some bass

ecstasy
27th July 2005, 06:18 PM
well as the topics says, finally i gave the AH a lil bit of bass. Wiring the stock head unit was a bit of a pain and well required me actualy using the brain (believe it or not) since the damn stock HU doesn't have a remote exit. After testing a few cables and almost giving up and installing an independent 12v line with a switch, i got hold of a wire that is linked with the acc and actually has no current when turning of the key. As you all know the new astra electical system is linked to the ECU/ CAN thus a pain. I got a 5 channel blaupunkt amp from ChrisR (thanks mate for the good price), i'm testing some fusion speakers and a 12' fusion sub. so far so good, i do need to play a bit with the fine tunning of the HU and amp settings. Well this is the start of the astra system, and since i wanted something relaxed and not so much full on i'm very pleased with the result thou i really miss the thump of 2 15's :lol:

low astra
27th July 2005, 06:43 PM
good to see you worked out a trip wire for the amp, haaha took your time didnt ya

Aussie-in-London
27th July 2005, 06:56 PM
well done mate
get some pics up when its all complete

27th July 2005, 07:21 PM
Good stuff having the balls to wire it up yourself. I wouldn't know where to start to tell you the truth.

Should take some photos as you go along so you can help out other owners with their installs.

:)

BassyAstra
27th July 2005, 08:05 PM
Aye sounds great.
Good thing about the H is its very sturdy and there are not many rattles.
NOT for long though, aye.

oneightoo
27th July 2005, 10:59 PM
yea aye

Namus
28th July 2005, 02:46 PM
nice work