PDA

View Full Version : (Corsa B) 4 : 0 (VL)

Anonymous
20th March 2004, 10:26 AM
Last night i must say i was very proud of my little car. Coming home from my GF's house, a 'over-enthusiastic' young motorists in a manual VL (non-turbo) at a set of lights indicates to me that he wants to get infront of me from the left lane because the lane is ending. I thought to myself "This in my lane, he wants it, he has to fight for it" Lights go green, he jumps a little ahead, but i pass him easily through 2nd and third. Next set of lights, you can tell he's pissed, and really wants to have a go. My clutch isn't at its best state, so i didn't do a handbrake start. Held it at about 2.5, lights go green, i get the jump and pull away. By now i would have thought he could see that my car was quicker, but this sucker didn't want to give up, so i thought it was up to me to teach this little shit that VL's are NOT the sickest leb cars in the world.
Same as before, i get the jump and pull away. By now i have the biggest mcphuken smile on my face, because last time i'd done this, i had lost. This was before the bigger throttle body was installed.
By now we were at Stud/wellington intersection (started stud/ferntree), and this time i said screw it, you dont get the drift, time to drum it into your head. I can hear his car ready, so i pulled the handbrake, revs at just above 3, clutch just ready, lights go green. This guys had no chance as i was constantly pulling away even above 120.

I'm not blowing my horn here or anything, and not saying my car is a rocket, but i'm just mcphuken happy that i know when some dumb-shit in a VL pulls up, i can take him.

CARRRRRRN DA OPEL!!!!

Degen-Astra
20th March 2004, 10:50 AM
Must have been a night of crap commodore drivers. Had a VL as well think it was cool to take on my 1.8 Astra on Wetsall Road in Clayton.

Gunned it up to 80km (stayed on the speed limit cause its a bit of a haven for cops here) left Mr. VL for dead until about 10 secs later he comes flying past probably doing around 100 clicks. Obviously didnt want to see me at the next set of lights. :wink:

EDIT - Good Work btw Son!! :D

Anonymous
20th March 2004, 11:03 AM
I could hear his car above mine, and he was changing gears rather quickly, so he wasn't too bad.

I'm just happy thats another car i can add to my 'Conquer List" hehehe

Anonymous
20th March 2004, 12:36 PM
if a crx with xtractors can take a vl then im pretty sure any Opel with mods can give it to one also. Good job

Anonymous
20th March 2004, 01:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Non Turbo VL Comonwhore are Boats, I can run Faster.
A CRX would kill a Commodore Easily, My Sister had a Import 1.6 VTEC CRX and it would Kill Mild Boosted VL and Skylines.
But Good work Paul :D Yours is only 1.4 taking 3.0

01CDsedan
20th March 2004, 04:33 PM
Good stuff :) VL drivers - especially the young guys on their Ps - completely annoy me. They seem to be under the impression that the RB30 engine gives them Super Powers or something....lol

Be warned though people - when they're done with their VL, it seems the next step is to trade it in for a VS.

Anonymous
20th March 2004, 05:13 PM
Good stuff :) VL drivers - especially the young guys on their Ps - completely annoy me. They seem to be under the impression that the RB30 engine gives them Super Powers or something....lol

Be warned though people - when they're done with their VL, it seems the next step is to trade it in for a VS.

HEHEHEHEHEHE :D Yeah to make to make Mock Up HSV Clubbys with V6s in 'em.

mr_astra_retired
20th March 2004, 06:53 PM
ha nice work paul , stick it to them :P

InsaneAsylum
21st March 2004, 09:48 AM
hehe you may have beaten da VL but mohammed Kaif will have yous beshed!! :P

N/A VL was one of the first runs I had with my stock vectra at the time and I must admit it bought a smile to my face simply because he had his GF in the car, it was in altona (home off da VL re) and after I backed off at about 140 with about a carlength lead, he produced the biggest sik flyby, but i rekon he reached about 200...this was in a 70 zone... sums up the intelligence.

George Costanza
21st March 2004, 12:02 PM
HAHA well done mate. GO THE CORSA!!!

skippycorsa
21st March 2004, 04:17 PM
haha good on ya mate :) dont mess with the little 1.4's 8)

dazza015
22nd March 2004, 06:51 AM
01CDsedan wrote:
Good stuff VL drivers - especially the young guys on their Ps - completely annoy me. They seem to be under the impression that the RB30 engine gives them Super Powers or something....lol

HEHEHEHEHEHE Yeah to make to make Mock Up HSV Clubbys with V6s in 'em.

I know someone who just did that!!! didnt know what to say when he said what he was going to buy, I guess if you can't say anything nice.......!!!!

My brother used to have a VL as well and he thought it was hell tough until my mate dragged him in his Suzuki Vitara 4WD and beat him!!!

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.
I really dont know what it is that makes these dicks think they're invincible in their VL's.
I'm just glad i know when the times comes, i can totally break someones ego :D

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 12:44 PM
i absolutely chomped a bogan in a VL that looked like it was only cosmetic upgrades... a bit of bling bling was about it.

I thrashed him and slowed down, and of course he does the standard 170km/h fly past and then turns his hazard lights on...... pfft oh pllllleeeeeaasssseee :roll:

do u think he woulda seen my brake lights when i was slowing down... bogan... :?

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 01:03 PM
He probably thought you had an electrical problem causing your brake lights to come on...