PDA

View Full Version : good idea/bad idea

low astra
24th July 2005, 08:45 PM
driving home last night maybe aroud 3:30 on mains rd in sunnybank, i encounted a object in the road,

someone had placed a shopping trolley upside down in the middle of the lane in a nice dark spot, i saw it at the very last second and dived around it, unlucky for the bloke behind me cause he caught it head on @ 60 and it did a amazing amount of damage 2 the car

so just watch out for them ive been speaking to a few mates and they have said they have seen them a few times before

oneightoo
24th July 2005, 08:48 PM
you really gotta wonder what goes on in some people's head's..

BassyAstra
24th July 2005, 09:09 PM
My car got egged the day i GOT IT, going 60km down old south head road! Pulled in to the servo 50 meters down and walked back to where i got egged, the eggers had left within the 2mins it took me.
My fresh new paint was chipped and the egg was in my engine bay. *shakes fist*.

oneightoo
24th July 2005, 09:13 PM
damm kids..

CAL.16V
24th July 2005, 09:34 PM
i nearly smashed into trolleys one night at 3am out the front of cop shop basicallly swerved at last second and then there were 3 more all over the place

oneightoo
24th July 2005, 09:40 PM
i almost drove straight into a garbage bin placed on it's side in the middle of the road one night..

i guess some people find that chidt fun..

btm
25th July 2005, 08:56 AM
looooosers! some poeple just have no brains

Nem
25th July 2005, 08:58 AM
When I had my first motorbike I narrowly avoided an inverted sprinkler that had been stood in the middle of my lane whilst riding my ZZR250 in a dark street in town. :(

25th July 2005, 10:36 AM
someone once threw a beer bottle at my car while I was driving.

Lucky it rolled off the roof, and didn't cause any visible damage..

Was still shaken up, lucky it wasn't thrown through my open window!

oneightoo
25th July 2005, 10:44 AM
one night my brother was driving with his mate in his vectra and they stopped at a stop sign and this dude jumper on the bonnet and tore the wipers off, and came to drivers side, opened he door and tried to beat my brothers mate up.. my bro and his mate ended up beating the crap out of the guy and held him while they called the cops.. the guy was thrown into the mental ward at campbelltown hospital.. apparently he had escaped out of there that night.. werido..

Gildo
25th July 2005, 06:17 PM
yeh i almost hit a trolley doing a bit more than 60 on a back street :oops: , ...lucky i saw it otherwise ....the car would have been going to a scrap yard for spare parts.

OzzySRi
25th July 2005, 06:40 PM
who knows how they come up with these stupid ideas...

i went off a roundabout years back when some moron decided it'd be funny to dump some engine oil on the road.

luckily i was drivin a pajero fourbie

NUTTTR
25th July 2005, 07:12 PM
LOL notice everyone who posted (bar one or two) is from sydney???
A mate hit a bloody loaded otto bin on parra road one night!!! Nearly totalled his car......

What the hell is wrong with sydney?

CJB
25th July 2005, 07:18 PM
I was coming home one night in my new beep beep in January of this year and it had been raining and at the top of this hill, where you do like 70kms an hour, there was a smallish tree all over the road. I hit it because the car was sliding. I have a mark on my front bumper from it. Originally, I thought it was from the storm, but a fortnight later the same thing happened. I found that odd... anyways, was talking to the guys at Ampol Servo (known them all since I was 9) and they told me it was actually a group of RAAF guys doing it for... fun!

JR
25th July 2005, 11:08 PM
yup.....we got the weird ones here in sydney.
i made the mistake of leaving my car on grass (parallel to the kurb), only to find the next morning a fully loaded rubbish bin (with grass clippings) had been thrown on to the back of my car (my old pulsar 2 years ago). as a result, putting a huge as dent from the middle of the car, and around 2 the right side - bumper was gone, tail lights gone, etc!!!

friggin weirdos i tell ya.

yeah.....just b on the look out.

blackSRi
26th July 2005, 12:28 AM
It's not just Sydney, I've seen in Perth in last couple of years:
Multiple shopping trolleys rolled down my street into cars - breaking headlights, denting panels - it was people on the way back home from the pubs/clubs (yelling, laughing - not funny for the car owners - losers around the suburb walk trolleys home from the supermarket and leave the trolleys on the side of the road - ready for the drunks),
a beer bottle thrown thru the front windscreen of my (ex)girlfriends' car (it was a Hyundai - pub leavers again) - her car was parked on her front lawn,
and the worst one - new street light pole sections (waiting to be installed) dragged across the 4 lane road near the Uni - (no street lights 4am - very dangerous - I had to stop and drag one off the road to get home!).

CJB
26th July 2005, 04:25 PM
Being an ex-trolley boy/customer service dude... I can safely say it's illegal to take Trolley's out of the carpark, so those Loser's who take them if caught, do face a fine... yet, that's IF they get caught.

Didz
5th August 2005, 02:26 PM
It's jealousy. Theyre unemployed bogan bums who cant afford cars, other than maybe a vh commodore so they feel the need to trash the people who can.

Shame, really.

Namus
5th August 2005, 04:46 PM
that's stupid man.....sorry to hear rob; lucky it wasn't you i guess....

yeah, once saw these kids put empty bottles just over the crest of a hill (in the blind spot as u come over) and line them up kinda like ten pins...lucky for me i was goin the other way...bloody idiots

GOZOFF
5th August 2005, 05:31 PM
you really gotta wonder what goes on in some people's head's..

Ditto!! :evil:

J
6th August 2005, 07:46 AM
Going back to my car after a wedding reception in Manly last year, there were still heaps of people drinking and bumming around along the beach-side car park.

A group was hanging out next to my car, and I noticed an empty beer bottle was placed just ahead of one of my tyres so I would break it (and possibly bust my tyre) if I backed out.

I moved it away before I got in the car and drove off...

Charlatan
6th August 2005, 05:38 PM
I was on the Eastern Distributor a few weeks back. Went for a lane change. and on the line was a block of wood with 2 long nails sticking up. Had to take evasive action to avoid it. Could only have be put there purposely. If you hit it, it would shred the tyre. At 80, with low profiles, it would end badly.