PDA

View Full Version : Double Sided Tape - for badges

Dee
21st July 2005, 01:58 PM
I'm putting my Holden badges back on my car this weekend so the dealer that I trade my car into can’t take more money off my car for the labour to pay someone else to do it, as I have been told they do by the salesman I was talking to last weekend.

So I was just wondering where I would get my hands on some tape that might happen to be the right shape for the back middle Holden badge (not putting the word badges on)

Or should I just glue them on because no one else will ever want to change the badges on it.

While I’m on this topic…
Does anyone want some second hand Opel badges?
Or the “HOLDEN” and “BARINA” badges?

Cheers
Donna

JasonGilholme
21st July 2005, 02:14 PM
do you have the steering wheel badge???

Dee
21st July 2005, 02:18 PM
nah i never did that conversion

JasonGilholme
21st July 2005, 02:23 PM
dam. oh well. Have to hit up slim again.

low astra
21st July 2005, 04:26 PM
just a lil glue donna or do the loop of sticky tape, remember its a dealer taking the car they will fix it all up

Dee
21st July 2005, 04:41 PM
glue sounds good rob ;)

its only the back middle badge that has to be stuck on... ill glue it... just a little tho :lol: unless someone here wants to buy my car for more than the dealer is willing to give me, then i can leave the badges on it

Nem
21st July 2005, 06:50 PM
Do dealers really knock money off for that? Makes me think twice about changing mine now. :?

Dee
21st July 2005, 06:52 PM
the guy that i spoke to on sunday said

"we have to pay someone to detail the car, get the RWc... blah blah blah and replace the badges" and the fact that he would only offer me $9K for my car, with really low K's, no scratched and stuff... its ridiculous

ecstasy
21st July 2005, 08:35 PM
What r you getting after you sell the corsa?

Alfonzo
21st July 2005, 09:58 PM
I don't know how much truth there is in it, but I've been told by a mate that you can get the "special" badge tape at places like AutObarn?

However give the amount of time you need the badges to stick on for (i.e until you hand the keys over to the dealer), I would think that regular double sided foam tape would do the trick, and look pretty genuine too. That stuff should be available from pretty much anywhere, Officeworks, hardware stores, Kmart...

low astra
21st July 2005, 10:57 PM
hehe donna use blue tac, only gotta hold till you get the new cars keys dont it

1OPL2C
21st July 2005, 11:07 PM
i used double sided mounting tape from $2 shop..

works fine

Dee
22nd July 2005, 11:36 AM
the only thing is that i dont want the tape too thick... somthing that is just like sticky tape, but is double sided... i might just get some double sided "scotch" tape and see how that goes... and ill check out autobarn and supertheif as well

now for the tedious part of taking the badges off again.........

Dee
22nd July 2005, 11:44 AM
What r you getting after you sell the corsa?

still tossing up between the Mazda 3 SP23 or the Toyota Corolla Sportivo.... leaning towards the sportivo more tho .... its cheaper and its faster

Alfonzo
22nd July 2005, 08:54 PM
Sportivo is nice... although the 141kW is hidden up at 7800RPM!!! Red line is at 8k!

Namus
24th July 2005, 08:26 AM
yeah glue donna; tape would come off quicker....

glue will last just long enough for the dealer not to notice lol

Dee
25th July 2005, 08:52 AM
im getting the corolla... i dont like the mazda.. and the dealer was a real ****head

and besides i got $5K off the price of the Corolla :D

Namus
25th July 2005, 09:17 AM
nice work; post up some pics

Dee
25th July 2005, 09:19 AM
i will when i get it... have to sign the papers yet....

still have to swap the opel badges for holden ones too