PDA

View Full Version : Gone to the other side. :-)

Slaughterhouse
19th July 2005, 08:53 PM
Hi folks. I bought the New Focus Zetec hatch today. In silver. All up $32 biggies. Its a great car.

I would've gotten an Astra again had it been in the 3door GTC form with a 2.2litre chain driven engine.

My warranty has run out on my 2001 Astra. I would never buy another car with a belt cam again. Not only that but the I would never buy from this Holden dealer again.

They ripped me off on many occasions. I was stooged for $1500 for 15inch alloys and cheapo korean Woosung tyres when I bought it. I also caught them out once for charging me for a pollen filter replacement they never done thinking i was some stupid who don't know where the pollen filter is located. Who knows what else they got away with.

Holden's AH Astra just does not cut it. Infact all signs show Holden is on the decline. Ditching the European Barina for a Korean cheapy. Vectra's future looking shakey. They might do the same for Astra.

I'm not a brand loyal person anyway. I go to whoever's got the better product. I got good learning experience with my Astra.

I was going to buy the Mazda3. Then Ford's new Focus showed up. Its a great looker. Its a Mazda3 clone but with better styling. Just the ticket. Took it (Zetec hatch) for a test drive and said this is for me.

Bye to all in this forum. Maybe see you in another 4-5 years.

ultim8DTM5
19th July 2005, 10:07 PM
As long as you are happy with your purchase thats what matters.

Goodbye, I have to say after 2 posts I won't miss you :P

low astra
19th July 2005, 10:09 PM
hahahahahahahha another happy FORD driver hahahahhahahahahaaha :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Slaughterhouse
19th July 2005, 10:53 PM
As long as you are happy with your purchase thats what matters.

Goodbye, I have to say after 2 posts I won't miss you :P

Did a lot of lurking and reading but also had a previous login that I can't remember.

1OPL2C
19th July 2005, 11:01 PM
bak already ey :D

CJB
19th July 2005, 11:10 PM
Hmm, I always wondered what happened to people on this forum if they bought another car other than an Opel... I guess I know.

So long!

oneightoo
20th July 2005, 11:28 AM
well i'm selling my Opel and have already bought an old mazda eclipse.. I know i'll still hang around, my heart will always be Opel shaped..

Mr T
20th July 2005, 02:15 PM
I'm not a brand loyal person anyway. I go to whoever's got the better product.

Yeah, so why did you buy the Ford??

Bye to all in this forum. Maybe see you in another 4-5 years.

Adios ! ! !

Alfonzo
20th July 2005, 03:57 PM
Ohhh, Zetec hatch in Silver.... Please post some photos before you go. :)

low astra
20th July 2005, 04:12 PM

WHY????

Jackson
20th July 2005, 04:20 PM
because they are nice cars, imo anyway :)

haven't seen many angles on them yet, the add doesn't really show the car very well.

entice
20th July 2005, 04:55 PM
Hrmm....

I'd even consider the ST220, or the RS Focus...

But to say the focus is a "much" better car than the AH?

Nope...

32 large is LARGE...and if you're silly enough to be buying tyres or any aftermarket "common" accessory from a dealer, then you're silly enough to pay the price... If it were me, I dont think i'd be telling anyone about it!

MiksOpel
20th July 2005, 05:11 PM
it would be one of your main questions to ask the details of the wheels and tyres, spending that much money you'd be more careful on such obvious mattters.

typetnt
21st July 2005, 12:28 AM
Opel cars are great. It's Holden who aren't living up to their reputation anymore.
Fords have been pretty reliable and at least they are trying to gain marketshare by investing in research and development. All I hear about Holden is they're cutting out the quality and trying to shine the Daewoo poo. To the rest of the world, if Aussies put up with this type of treatment from our own "Holden" brand, we'll keep ending up getting crappy cars.
"Holden means a great deal to Australia...." :screwy:

blackSRi
21st July 2005, 12:36 AM
Hi, I had 3 cars in Europe, over the past 7 weeks:
* Megane Scenic (France),
* New Astra H 5 door (1000 miles on the clock, petrol, silver, manual, in England),
* New Ford Focus Zetec (285 miles on the clock, petrol, black, manual, in England),
drove the last two for 2 weeks each so I got to know the cars.

All I can say is that I wasn't really impressed with the Astra compared to the Focus - the Focus Zetec is a much much better drive.
The Astra is big, heavy and not as nimble ( I did over 1500 miles in each, motorways, single-lane roads and mountains, through huge thunderstorms, fog etc).
I will say though I liked the ABS more in the Astra, but the Focus was a better tuned package all round (I hated the lack of grunt, the indicators that won't stay on and gearbox that won't select home and the pain in the xxx gearbox gate config in the Astra).
I liked the variable-speed wipers, the ability to get up and overtake, the brilliant gearbox - silky-smooth, the engine that loves to rev and the top handling in the Zetec.

Sorry to say, my next car order this month won't be an Astra, it will be either a Toyota Corolla Sportivo or a Ford Focus Zetec. We'll see, if the 3-door turbo's or OPC is still around in 2 years I might come back to Holden...ya never know...

Alfonzo
21st July 2005, 10:50 AM

WHY????

Haha... I actually quite like the Zetec hatch. Even if it is a Ford, in fact it's the first Ford that I've liked for a VERY long time (read: previously the only other two I'd ever consider owning are either a '64 Mustang or an XY GT)

"Holden means a great deal to Australia...."
Australia doesn't mean a great deal to Holden...

JasonGilholme
21st July 2005, 11:22 AM
Quote:
"Holden means a great deal to Australia...."

Australia doesn't mean a great deal to Holden...

for sure