PDA

View Full Version : Badging is not cheap! :(

li21
13th July 2005, 11:17 AM
Hi all,

I was just quoted by slimcraige for OPEL badges for my Astra 05.

While im sure he is the best source for getting badges.. i didnt expect to spend quite that much.

Is there anywhere else where I can get them cheaper?
(front, rear, OPEL letering and steering wheel)

thanks!

Gildo
13th July 2005, 12:01 PM
nope slim is the man!

Namus
13th July 2005, 12:04 PM
slim is the cheapest for genuine, no b/s opel products....highly, highly doubtful you'll find anywhere cheaper (definately not in Oz)

CAL.16V
13th July 2005, 01:51 PM
ebay

BassyAstra
13th July 2005, 02:10 PM
http://www.ozeparts.com.au/

CJB
13th July 2005, 02:37 PM
ebay

The sucky thing about that though is it can be hard to get them all at once!

All I can say is you pay for what you get... unfortunately it's one of those things... you want it, you pay for it.

Even on ebay they can be around the same price... or if they are cheap, I have seen it, heaps of people bid on it and the before you know it it's around the same price as one from Craigie or Alec... or the other Opel suppliers.

oneightoo
13th July 2005, 02:52 PM
you cant beat slim for genuine parts.. besides they arent that expensive really.. but if i suppose if you want a cheaper part than go elsewhere, you might save a few dollars, and i literally mean 'a few'..

CJB
13th July 2005, 02:55 PM
I actually think the Opel badges are cheaper than the Holden badges... Holden charged me $53 for replacement SXI badges... where as if I ordered them from Opel direct, it would have been $20 something aus dollars... so Alec from DG Opel told me... grrr...

I sold my Holden front grille too, to wreckers... made a small profit... so maybe you could do that to help defray some of the cost - oh wait, does the Astra have a grille like the Corsa one????

Gildo
13th July 2005, 03:24 PM
how much did u sell ur grill to a wreckker for?

CJB
13th July 2005, 03:37 PM
how much did u sell ur grill to a wreckker for?

Believe it or not they gave me $25 (I thought that was good) - it also helps when your brother's mate works there :wink:

But they said they will sell it for close to $50, no less than $40.

Nem
13th July 2005, 03:42 PM
Slim has very good customer service. I've no issue buying direct from him. His reputation is established and his product is genuine.

DJUKS
13th July 2005, 03:56 PM
does anyone know where to get opel badge for the vectra js3 steering wheel???

CJB
13th July 2005, 04:04 PM
I got mine for a Corsa from Alec Cowan - was a bit pricey... but yeah... you could try him, or Slim?

Red AH SRI T
13th July 2005, 08:06 PM
Slim is the best!!!

An 05 Astra?

Is that a classic or an AH?

I paid $100 for New Grille, front badge and rear badge and postage

If you think thats expensive then your ass is tighter than a fishes :screwy:

Gildo
13th July 2005, 08:12 PM
If you think thats expensive then your ass is tighter than a fishes

how do u know how tight a fishes ass is ????? :roll:
hehehehhehehe

ronj
14th July 2005, 10:02 AM
slims the man for Opel parts, reliable, fast and competitive price, I did my wifes CDX new badge rear, wheel caps, engine cover, new front grill and a few free gifts for about $240, good value.C:/desktop/march05 046

Greg K
14th July 2005, 10:24 AM
Slim is the man!
Got my OPC grill and a few other nifty little things for a damm good price!
delivery took no time at all!!

Namus
14th July 2005, 02:16 PM
ebay

yeah ebay is good. when it works.

first, there is no guarantee that the parts are genuine. even if they are (or if u don't care), there's no guarantee that the parts will be sent after payment has been made....with slim, at least ur safe in the knowledge that a small, but significant, number of ppl off here have used him successfully...

i'm not bagging u; ebay is great when it works; but why not use something that is tried and true?

CJB
14th July 2005, 02:20 PM
Didn't you see that story on ACA last night Namus??? And everyone else... lol. I gotta start watching tv in my room. But they were saying how all these people are being ripped off on ebay!!! Granted they are purchasing more expensive items than Opel badges, and I for one would NEVER buy a car off ebay - there is the risk that the item won't ever make it to you and you would have spent your money on nothing.

Least if you go through Slim or someone else, like everyone else says you are guaranteed to get it.

Namus
14th July 2005, 02:25 PM
well maybe not guaranteed, but as close to it as you're going to get...

i was giving ebay it's credit, cause it does work. sometimes. :twisted:

CJB
14th July 2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah I myself have ordered and received things from ebay – but… I will not spend any more than $40. But they say it’s ok if you make contact with the sellar and leave a paper trail.

But I have found on ebay lately a whole heap of Opel badges, but you have to look carefully because there are a few used ones in there. How can you sell a used badge? Also, it’s harder to find newer Opel badges… or if you do, everyone is bidding on them.

li21
15th July 2005, 02:24 PM
Slim is the best!!!

An 05 Astra?

Is that a classic or an AH?

I paid $100 for New Grille, front badge and rear badge and postage

If you think thats expensive then your ass is tighter than a fishes :screwy:

Mine is a AH Astra.

REally? Maybe I misread the prices... I was under the impression it was $100 each EACH badge! (= $100 x 2 + letterring = $300+?)

Namus
15th July 2005, 03:03 PM
no li21; badges are like only $10-$30 pending on the badge itself; if ur paying $100 p/badge, then u are most DEFINATELY being ripped off....

shouldn't be more than $200 at the absolute most for grille and badges etc....

astro boy
15th July 2005, 04:19 PM
Slim is the man!
Got my OPC grill and a few other nifty little things for a damm good price!
delivery took no time at all!!
True. Got mine in 5 days! And he does chuck in a few little extras. Nice touch slim.

CJB
15th July 2005, 04:47 PM
So then Li21... have you decided yet??? Lol - Ordered I should say...

li21
15th July 2005, 05:40 PM
So then Li21... have you decided yet??? Lol - Ordered I should say...

Rebadge for sure!! :)

heheheh

Red AH SRI T
15th July 2005, 07:20 PM
YAY!

You will be glad u did 8)

Alfonzo
15th July 2005, 07:54 PM
I can't believe you've considering going somewhere else.

Slim is the BEST bet. And certainly not expensive. FAR from expensive. Keep in mind when you're complaining about the price that he's selling GENUINE GM parts, not some two-bit replica.

li21
15th July 2005, 10:47 PM
Yeh! reason I thought he was expesive cos i got an email quote from this car sales shop ... quote was $110 per badge.. and his name was also 'Craig'.
when infact i hadnt got and email from the real slimcraigie yet :)

I got my real quote from slimcraigie today so i think i shall go ahead with that :)

just gonna be hard to installl myself!

Alfonzo
15th July 2005, 11:41 PM
why hard, what's the problem area?

Slimcraigie
16th July 2005, 03:09 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys :lol:

Fact
I work for a Vauxhall dealership in the UK and have worked for Vauxhall for 21 years since leaving school

Fact
I only make enough on opelaus sales to cover excess postages and to keep the wife happy when she has to carry everything to the post office

Fact
I started selling on here as a favour to Dug74 who got me down to the prices you pay from the ones I sell on ebay which is where we make our money

Fact
I only sell genuine Vauxhall, Opel, Holden and irmscher items

Fact
I won't rip you off, I won't overcharge on postages, You always get your stuff within a reasonable time, we can always send insured airmail if you are worried then you can have a tracking number to trace your parcel

Fact
There's only me and the wife running Opelcraft so we have no overheads to include on our prices.

Fact
You don't have to buy anything from me if you don't want to I won't be offended, I don't mind pricing bits up so don't be afraid to ask it just might take a couple of days for me to get back to you...........hey I'm a member on here too and I use the forum for lots more than selling stuff.

Just ask around on the forum 1st if your not sure about buying things from me, theres no hassle or pressure from me I'm just happy to help you get your cars how you want them.

Don't forget I own a Zafira now which is steadily getting modded with irmscher bits so I'm one of my customers too and I rock :shock: :oops:

aussie_in_london
16th July 2005, 04:43 AM
Slim

no problems sending down to London then?
other than badges and grills are you able to get most things in the irmscher range
im looking at purchasing the silver irmschr panels for the left and right ventilation found in the irmscher brochure for the 3 door sports also the irmscher side pillar trim kit for the 5 door. What sort of prices would i be looking at?

Slimcraigie
16th July 2005, 04:58 AM
Not working this weekend mate so i'll check monday if thats ok !!! Hope what happened last week didn't put you off living here, bit scary though all the bombers came from within 10 miles of my house :shock:

aussie_in_london
16th July 2005, 11:50 AM
hasnt put me off at all (spent over 8 years in the military before moving over here) been in London now for over 3 years and not planning of heading back home for another 7, things like that wont put me off can happen anywhere.
Its no rush mate whenever you can find out would be great

thanks again