PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline.. running though my mind

woody
8th July 2005, 01:05 PM
Hmmmm just got back from having my whiteline rear sway bar fitted.... first impression.... "Jesus sufferin F@ck i didn't know my car could do that...!!"

Turn in is way sharper and understeer is reduced dramatically..

JOY!!!! I had to go round may favourite "S" bends three times on the way home :D

http://image53.webshots.com/153/5/52/52/389255252hkAJRc_ph.jpg

btm
8th July 2005, 01:12 PM
how much and where from? (if you dont mind me asking...)

i really want to get this mod done to my car also

woody
8th July 2005, 01:17 PM
I went to DR Shocks in Brookvale.. nice bunch o' people.. left it with them for hours and when i wnet back it was all done no hassles...

Cost $260 Supplied and fitted. They need a week to get it in from whiteline

If you look on the whiteline website you'll see that they recommend some suppliers/fitters which is where i got these guys from. you may find someone a littel closer to "the shire" on there. I'd totally recommend it - its soo much fun!

thirteen
10th July 2005, 12:32 PM
do they have them for vectras?

Anonymous
10th July 2005, 12:44 PM
hehe say hi to tony if you go down there again :P

i plan to go there soon for reasons unknown ;) might talk to him about a sway bar for myself too :D how close to brooky are you? i am like 2 min drive away hehe

Adrian
10th July 2005, 01:34 PM
hey i assume u have an astra? is it 2 or 4 door?

thats a pretty good price.

woody
11th July 2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah i'm pretty close myself - about 11 mins away (if i keep to teh speed limit)

Thirteen, not seen one from whiteline for a veccy

Adrian, have an astra SRI 2.2 - 2 door.

Namus
11th July 2005, 03:58 PM
damn; stop tempting me into getting that damn r/swaybar

ViNnIeVeCtRa
11th July 2005, 04:56 PM
yeah they have them for vectras, look in the thread for white line products.

JR
11th July 2005, 09:39 PM
hmm.....DR shocks at brookvale eh? i'm might give them a call - do u have a number i could use.

cause i'm lookin at fittin rear + front sway bars and a tower strut bar.

i called whiteline n they asked me buy through either repco, autobahn or any other whiteline dealers.

$260 is pretty good for a rear sway bar - supplied n installed.

so howz the improved ride? have u moved on from those S bends?!?!?

Clint
11th July 2005, 11:55 PM
if anyone is interested in a brand new never fitted rear swaybar for a vectra pm me and i will find out details for u. i know someone in nsw who bought one but never got it fitted and it now selling it.

woody
12th July 2005, 08:59 AM
damn; stop tempting me into getting that damn r/swaybar

You know you want it :)

hmm.....DR shocks at brookvale eh? i'm might give them a call - do u have a number i could use.

cause i'm lookin at fittin rear + front sway bars and a tower strut bar.

i called whiteline n they asked me buy through either repco, autobahn or any other whiteline dealers.

$260 is pretty good for a rear sway bar - supplied n installed.

so howz the improved ride? have u moved on from those S bends?!?!?

Dr Shocks
37 Winbourne Rd, Brookvale 2100
Phone: 02 9938-1200

cos there is no change to springs the ride comfort is the same but obviously with less body roll, notice it alot more at higher speed.. car just feels more sturdy on the road.

But no.. not moved on from s bends (why would you ...they are soooo much fun)

Namus
12th July 2005, 12:26 PM
yeah i know i want it lol

JR
13th July 2005, 12:14 PM
after hear ur positive notes on the rear sway bars, i changed my "thinking-about-it" to action, and finally got the ball rolling.

so, i finally booked my car in on the 23rd to have rear sway bars + front tower strut brace installled. woo hoo

doing it at MRT Performance in rhodes - brookvale is too far for me.

ended up costing me $409 for the brace (220) and sway bar (189). all whiteline components. prob another 100 for installation.

Namus
13th July 2005, 12:20 PM
front brace from who?

it's weird; when i enquired about front strut tower brace; was told that they are only available in NSW....?