PDA

View Full Version : 'Spinners' in Perth

nicecar
4th July 2005, 04:35 PM
Saw 1st car in Perth few days ago with Spinning wheels. It wasn't an Opel, a black Toyota Celica (think)

Suprised these havn't taken off in Perth that much (not sure about Easten states). They looked so cool. Think they were the Lenso wheels as these are the only spinning ones I have seen for sale in Perth.

Anyone have them or see them often?

Nem
4th July 2005, 04:43 PM
They remind me of something like a child's friction powered play car. Not to my taste. But if you want to try them out you can get them in hub cab form as well. There's a vectra getting about up here with them on. :roll:

frankie9fingers
4th July 2005, 05:08 PM
They're as rare as seeing me fully clothed in Melbourne.

MiSs_SuZ
4th July 2005, 07:39 PM
Theres this car that drives past my busstop everyday pretty obvious why it has spinning wheels, it has 'tyre king' stickers all over it.

RK
5th July 2005, 12:20 PM
They only look good in chrome and on black Hummers or Escalades ;)

poita
5th July 2005, 09:48 PM
there is a silver F250 here with them, autobarn car that one

Nem
6th July 2005, 12:29 AM
They're as rare as seeing me fully clothed in Melbourne.
IIRC the same cant be said for Sydney? :lol:

Charlatan
6th July 2005, 08:27 AM
Worst wheels ever.

oneightoo
6th July 2005, 11:49 AM
spinners are terrible..

rice gone too far..

btm
6th July 2005, 12:06 PM
spinners are terrible..

rice gone too far..

ditto

rjastra
6th July 2005, 02:00 PM
Spinners seemed to have dissappeared in Sydney... they must break/fail too often.

oneightoo
6th July 2005, 02:03 PM
yeah ur right, i havent seen a set in a long time.. maybe the novelty wore off..

Dee
6th July 2005, 02:30 PM
or they have been made illegal because of the spinning part that people could get their fingers caught in.

i think thats why only a few cars in Qld still have them.... tyre shop promo cars, etc.

oneightoo
6th July 2005, 02:47 PM
cops could have made a law about them.. like driving with neons 'lights to dazzle' the new law could be 'wheels to dazzle'

Dee
6th July 2005, 02:57 PM
"distraction to other drivers on the road"....

i know that Qld Transport were making people get engineers certificates if they were pulled over by the cops and sent to the QT inspection centres

Anonymous
7th July 2005, 01:45 PM
they are still legal here in sydney, an owen tyres car has a set in brookvale, also my cousin has a set on SLK 320 and they dont look the lest bit ricey, although his a imported from america...
i reakon they just went about introducing them the wrong way,
i dont think you can consider them rice when they come from america, but anyway who would want to have to look after 8 rims when you can look just as good with looking after 4 :P :roll: its all about peronal oppinion i guess

nicecar
7th July 2005, 02:42 PM
Remember seeing them first time on a nice 4x4 in the States that had massive spinning rims (23-25"). It looked the part not ricey at all. Think quality ones on a quality car look great.

RK
7th July 2005, 02:55 PM
or they have been made illegal because of the spinning part that people could get their fingers caught in.

thats a good thing. i wouldnt want people put their hands on my wheels :P

Dee
7th July 2005, 02:58 PM
thats true raj.... could stop little f***ers stealing my chrome valve caps....

Bernard Siong
7th July 2005, 03:16 PM
hahahhaa
i've seen a lenso van with spinners
and to show how crap they are the van had a 2 which didnt spin freely as the other 2

and this was on a promo van... how :oops:

nicecar
8th July 2005, 04:29 PM
hahahhaa
i've seen a lenso van with spinners
and to show how crap they are the van had a 2 which didnt spin freely as the other 2

and this was on a promo van... how :oops:

Yep, as this car was a front wheel drive, the front ones were spinning much faster than the rears but he was driving it hard between the traffic lights.