PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: NSW people ... COPPERS = GOVT FUND RAISER ... Read on

sunny
3rd July 2005, 02:09 PM
Hey everyone

COPS are SNEAKY!!!!

Today morning (~7.45am), I was driving down Victoria Road heading towards the city and follow this unmarked black commodore SS and saw red and blue lights on the rear of the back seats and straight away I knew it was a copper. So I slowed down as you would do ..... now comes the sneaky part ... I followed it for about 1-2mins dare not to overtake ... then it pulled to the side and stopped on the side and let me passed through .... initial thought thinking he is going to ping someone there (setting up speed radar etc) but NO!!!!! I went pass then the black SS started following me TAILGATING me *trying to egg me on* speed or race ... this went on for 2-3mins and bloody annoying looking at speedo and rear mirror every sec trying not to get caught ... I could tell the cop is trying to get me for speeding as 10 or so cars zoomed pass as I was doing ~55 *speed limit 60kph* ... finally copper gave up and a bimmer zoomed pass me then the black SS commodore overtook and chase that poor soul.

Edited: OpelAus Team

BassyAstra
3rd July 2005, 02:41 PM
That aint fresh.
Did you have cruise control?

Gildo
3rd July 2005, 04:09 PM
yeh i saw a done up FPV ute that was an unmarked copper, driving on old south head road. I was driving on his A$$ untill i saw the lights in the cab. :oops:

Namus
3rd July 2005, 06:41 PM
pffft...so wat? if anyone tailgates me, and they have a free chance to overtake in the right-hand lane, i just slow RIGHT down...like 20km/h....so that they are forced to overtake....

there is NO reason to tailgate in the left hand lane (or any lane for that matter)...

or, u could have just pulled over and pulled out your mobile phone and pretended you were answering that...

or, pulled over and went to the boot and pretended you were looking for something....

sorry to say, not that sneaky mate...

Gildo
3rd July 2005, 07:07 PM
Namus = :bang: :screwy: :evil:
ure allways so negative! wats the deal? let the guy have his say!

oneightoo
3rd July 2005, 07:42 PM
or, pulled over and went to the boot and pretended you were looking for something....

a body perhaps? :D

imad4u
3rd July 2005, 10:10 PM
i would just brake test em, if they want to tail gate than they can kiss my arse...

SmellyTofu
3rd July 2005, 10:29 PM
Nothing new. That's why I don't bother going fast on purpose anymore. Why not pull over, let him pass and then follow him at a safe distance. Two can play at that game. Best to have a video recording too.

R3N
3rd July 2005, 10:47 PM
news to me!

Thanks for the heads up sunny

BassyAstra
4th July 2005, 12:39 AM

Heads up for when ever your driving down Victoria Rd aye R3N 8) ?

I actually have no idea where that is anyway.

Wattie
4th July 2005, 07:43 AM
cops, are turds like that, but if you provoke them, or pull up, there likely to pull you up and defect you exhaust, 18s, or tints, or pod or whatever.
maybe if namus pulled up they'd book him for pulling over in a no stopping zone, coz he isnt from sydney.... hmmmm :screwy:

JP Dyno
4th July 2005, 07:50 AM
Whether he pulled over and let the cop past or not, its not the point here people.

The fact that a POLICE OFFICER, you know, upstanding member of the community, to serve and protect, protector of the weak of defender of justice and all that sort of thing, was tailgating (which is illegal mind you), and obviously attempting to intimidate someone into speeding just so he/she can get another tick in their book. its pathetic. This sort of thing is why coppers get such a bad name for themselves.

R3N
4th July 2005, 08:38 AM

Heads up for when ever your driving down Victoria Rd aye R3N 8) ?

I actually have no idea where that is anyway.

Shame on you then

Anonymous
4th July 2005, 09:08 AM
damn thanks for that sunny, back in the day you used to be able to spot undercover a mile away (red or blue mitsubishi manga ES) but now a days they are driving every thing under the sun!

ah well we are doomed to always be hounded by the ole highway patrol :(

Namus
4th July 2005, 05:42 PM
my point is why worry about wat is BEHIND you?!?!?!!

you're eyes are supposed to be at the FRONT of the car (i.e. FORWARD);

ever wonder why insurance companies pay out to the driver in front when in a rear-end accident?? cause the driver behind is supposed to be maintaining the minimum safe travelling distance (pendant on conditions of course)..

doesn;t matter; cop or not; if he was gonna pull you over he would have...

if he wasn't, the only thing i can think he was doing was tailing you....in which case he was doing a VERY poor job....

bak on point; this is nothing new; not being negative; it's fact mate....if u spend more time worrying about who's behind you; sooner or later u'll end up smashed face first into a pole or brick wall...

auzvectra
4th July 2005, 05:47 PM
hey count urselve lucky, they got all sorts of unm,arked cars up hear.
the typicals, commodore, falcon, and magna.
then they got heaps of others (i think their own personal cars that they take out to get unsuspecting folk), like a toyota soarer, ford tx3, tx5, xr8 ute wit canopy and personalised plates, mazda rx7, and a heap of others.
they also got a couple of really good cars, 2 sri-t's, 1 blue, 1 silver! :D .
at least they got good taste hey. :lol:

R3N
4th July 2005, 06:09 PM
my point is why worry about wat is BEHIND you?!?!?!!

you're eyes are supposed to be at the FRONT of the car (i.e. FORWARD);

ever wonder why insurance companies pay out to the driver in front when in a rear-end accident?? cause the driver behind is supposed to be maintaining the minimum safe travelling distance (pendant on conditions of course)..

doesn;t matter; cop or not; if he was gonna pull you over he would have...

if he wasn't, the only thing i can think he was doing was tailing you....in which case he was doing a VERY poor job....

bak on point; this is nothing new; not being negative; it's fact mate....if u spend more time worrying about who's behind you; sooner or later u'll end up smashed face first into a pole or brick wall...

I suppose rear view mirrors aren't useful to you at all then. I always check the rear view mirror when I'm about to brake or turn off, so what if insurance pays out or if you're in the right if the fact is your car got hit. I've avoided alot of accidents by checking the rear view, couple of times its people following to close when I'm about to turn off the road, causing me to take a much bigger angle, to save myself from being hit. Would you like to get hit or involved in an accident? Its so much hassle, not to mention the possibility of getting hurt.

This may not be new to you, but it its for other people, so stop posting unnecessary remarks, sunny was warning others of what happened to him.

Gildo
4th July 2005, 06:25 PM
well said R3N

Shaun
4th July 2005, 08:01 PM
hey count urselve lucky, they got all sorts of unm,arked cars up hear.
the typicals, commodore, falcon, and magna.
then they got heaps of others (i think their own personal cars that they take out to get unsuspecting folk), like a toyota soarer, ford tx3, tx5, xr8 ute wit canopy and personalised plates, mazda rx7, and a heap of others.
they also got a couple of really good cars, 2 sri-t's, 1 blue, 1 silver! :D .
at least they got good taste hey. :lol:

Same down here In NSW.

There is one Police Station in sydney that has several Cars that you would not pick for a unmaked car.

Mr T
4th July 2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah Mt Druitt used to have a Sandman about 3 years ago...they used it for a dutch oven to keep everyone peaceful at night time :shock: :shock:

Wraith
4th July 2005, 09:56 PM
JP Dyno wrote:

Whether he pulled over and let the cop past or not, its not the point here people.

The fact that a POLICE OFFICER, you know, upstanding member of the community, to serve and protect, protector of the weak of defender of justice and all that sort of thing, was tailgating (which is illegal mind you), and obviously attempting to intimidate someone into speeding just so he/she can get another tick in their book. its pathetic. This sort of thing is why coppers get such a bad name for themselves.

Fully agree with you there Bro........

This is not new at all (at least down here in Melb. it aint ) coppers here were doing that when I first started driving over 20 years ago and there still up to these kind of no good and dirty tricks :evil:

Supposed to be upholding and enforcing the law ay - pity you can't just hang them on the spot for this kind of B@#$@#$t

16vopl
5th July 2005, 12:30 AM
namus is completely right, this is nothing new. what he was doing is not important. you should be aware of your surroundings compare the size of the rear vision mirror to the windscreen and then decide for yourself which your sposed to look at the most.

so he was intimidating you, scaring you, whatever. you didnt speed, swerve, crash etc. and so he lefty ou alone.
what if you didnt know it was a cop? what would you have done?
would you have gunned it like your life depended on it :roll:
or would you have done what you did...

if you chose to gun it, breaking the law and putting others in danger. and then he pulled you over and gave you a ticket. i thank the police for there work, cause hopefully youd learn from that lesson not to be a f*kwit and handle situations responsibly.

QRV_209
5th July 2005, 01:48 AM
hey all i seen some wankers out there but the one i see all the time wen im driving (even tho i shouldnt be) is the road where silvania macas is as u heading down jus before u see macas there is a bus stop one cop stands there with his toy gun hinding u dont see him till its too late but the funny thing is his partner is waiting in the squad car at the main lights watch out for that basted i almost got caught out luck i has seen him there before :twisted:

BassyAstra
5th July 2005, 03:48 AM
Apparently in the old days undercover highway petrol used a VW Combi Van with Surfboards on the roof and policemen dressed in beach clothes.

On another note, if you snooze you lose.

R3N
5th July 2005, 05:18 AM
namus is completely right, this is nothing new. what he was doing is not important.

What he was doing IS important. The fact that police have to resort to these tactics to catch people speeding are sad, not to mention dangerous.

you should be aware of your surroundings compare the size of the rear vision mirror to the windscreen and then decide for yourself which your sposed to look at the most.

We should be aware of our surroundings? Yes, by using our rear view and wing mirrors to check AROUND us, not just in front. Compare the size of the rear vision mirror to the windscreen? Why not compare the front windscreen to the rear windscreen? Are you saying I'm supposed to look at the one that's bigger?

so he was intimidating you, scaring you, whatever. you didnt speed, swerve, crash etc. and so he lefty ou alone.
what if you didnt know it was a cop? what would you have done?
would you have gunned it like your life depended on it
or would you have done what you did...

The fact that someone is tailgating you for no apparent reason is pretty intimidating, I'd be looking to get rid of him, I don't want an accident caused even though I'm not at fault. If you didn't know it was a cop, it'd be even scarier wouldn't it? It might me someone that potentially could be more of a problem, maybe a drunk driver.

if you chose to gun it, breaking the law and putting others in danger. and then he pulled you over and gave you a ticket. i thank the police for there work, cause hopefully youd learn from that lesson not to be a f*kwit and handle situations responsibly.

You thank the police for their work? That's really funny though isn't it cos THEY break the law and THEY put others in danger so they can catch someone else who is breaking the law and putting others in danger. Who's the f*kwit here then? I'd say sunny is a victim.

If I recall correctly, there was a case in Sydney(I think) where someone got done for speeding when the police did this exact same thing, in his defence he said that the car behind him was tailgating him along way and he got scared, guess what? He won the case! There's justice for ya 8)

SmellyTofu
5th July 2005, 08:32 AM
Here's where attitude comes into it. If he comes up even 1cm from your car.. so what? What's the non-agressive way to deal with it? So what if he's a policeman? I'd just let them be or get into another lane.. I did the same thing with a double B up fairly close. Simple as that. How hard is it to get out of a person's way? Just because they are up close are you going to get out and fight the person? Of course not! (at least I hope not). These are things that tempt you. Whether you take it hook, line and sinker is up to you. At least it's better than holding a hairdryer at the bottom of the hill.

I'm not condoning what the police did in this instance but you worry about what you are doing and let someone else do whatever they are doing because what you do is going to stick on you (and them as well).

auzvectra
5th July 2005, 05:45 PM
considerin i just recently got rear ended by a hilux, at a decent pase.
i REALLY dont like being tailgated, so i'm for sunny here.
isnt this entrapment?

SmellyTofu
5th July 2005, 10:44 PM
Yes and so? Again, I am not justifying their actions. I find it dispictable too but so? You do the crime, you pay the fine. Look after yourself first. If you feel it's not safe with the car behind, then how hard it is to move out of the way? I find that if you don't get yourself into trouble in the first place than it is to get into trouble even though you maybe 100% in the right and muck about with legals etc. We're all too busy to sit in a court fighting a traffic fine that's a waste of trees, ink and energy.

Also get into a habit of using the hazard lights to actually warn following traffic of stopped traffic or unusual activity up ahead.... save 3 rear enders so far and counting.

16vopl
5th July 2005, 11:38 PM
The fact that someone is tailgating you for no apparent reason is pretty intimidating, I'd be looking to get rid of him, I don't want an accident caused even though I'm not at fault. If you didn't know it was a cop, it'd be even scarier wouldn't it? It might me someone that potentially could be more of a problem, maybe a drunk driver.

and if youre feeling intimidated.. you know what.. pull over, like namus said.

You thank the police for their work? That's really funny though isn't it cos THEY break the law and THEY put others in danger so they can catch someone else who is breaking the law and putting others in danger. Who's the f*kwit here then? I'd say sunny is a victim.

well perhaps driver ed shouldnt end after you get off your P's... if you s**t your pants everytime someone tailgates you and cant simply.. pull over or slow down..
i dont think its resorting to these seeing as not long ago people were having a bitch about how there were too many speed cameras around sydney.

Namus
6th July 2005, 04:52 PM
yup, that's it: it's been said in another thread as well:

we criticise cops all the time for this and that (and for the record, no, i don't agree with wat they did), but when things hit the fan, who do we call first?

funny that.....

it is simple: if u feel uncomfortable about some1 being too close, just pull over or let them pass or wateva....

U obviously can't control how others drive, but u can control your own driving and reactions...

auzvectra
6th July 2005, 05:53 PM
i actually had a similar situation a while ago, a cop flipped a u turn on a round about, and came after me and a freind that was in front, neither of us were doin nethin wrong.
he came up behind me, almost rear ended me when i stoped at a stop sign, he then ran the stop sign, tailgated me for about 500m, with me on cruise control at the speed limit, he decided to overtake me, up a BLIND hill across DOUBLE WHITE lines, remember i am doin the speed limit, so he was SPEEDING, bout 20-30 over cause he booted it. he then pulled my freind up, he was drivin a late model commodore, then with nothing to book him for, let him go, as my freind pulled right top turn off, i pulled out behind him, to almost get my front end wiped out by the cop doin an illegal uturn, from sholder to sholder, and across double white lines, understandable but, guess he was anoyed that he couldnt add to him ticket talley!

MiksOpel
6th July 2005, 10:15 PM
Chill people,
Cop or no cop, Tailgating is not acceptable, whether its at 110km/h or 10.
And a safe driver is not the one who will say let him be, he's going to pay if he hits me. its the one who avoids the accident alltogether.

How to avoid tailgating on multilane roads still baffles me, i'd slow down, or change lanes if possible.

180HOA
7th July 2005, 08:56 AM
I think you guys need to be careful not to get too negative an attitude towards cops. Sure, there are assholes amongst them, like in all walks of life, but you'll probably find most of them hate being used as revenue raisers for the federal govt as much as we hate getting fined. And if you feel that the focus on speeding is unfair or misdirected, send an email to your local member. If enough of the population made it clear to govts how hacked off we are with it, something might change. If you don't make yourself heard, you've no chance of getting what you want.

oneightoo
7th July 2005, 09:23 AM
if you dont want a speeding fine, than dont speed, no need to send an email to your local member..

Adrian
9th July 2005, 01:49 AM
if they are going to be sneaky like that, they deserve all the negativity they get. If it was me i would have slammed the braked and let the cop hit my ass, let him explain that one...

SmellyTofu
9th July 2005, 05:14 AM
I don't see why people have to get aggresive even if someone is tailgating. Slamming on the brakes.. umm, smart move :roll: . Maybe they push you into a parked car which might be carrying unbelted passengers because they haven't started their car?

Regardless of who is wrong, as the saying goes, 2 wrongs don't make a right. If you do see an unmarked cop car doing those sorts of behaviour, take their number down, write down the time and place, get a friend to take a pic of them (1.3MP on phones are becoming cheaper), nail them for it but don't think driving agressively to "get back" at them will diffuse or solve the issue.

Namus
9th July 2005, 11:42 AM
just pull over (if possible of course)....stopping for ten seconds may save u a whole load of heartache and time down the track

GOZOFF
9th July 2005, 02:43 PM
i would just brake test em, if they want to tail gate than they can kiss my **moderated**...

Ditto.... I wouldn't care if it was a cop or not if they want war I'll give it to them :twisted:

Gildo
9th July 2005, 03:52 PM
Ditto.... I wouldn't care if it was a cop or not if they want war I'll give it to them

same hear, especialy when i got a small scratch on my back bar that could use with sum fixing.
MMmmm....sounds kinda nice, gettin a cop to pay for a rieger back bar :D

journo
9th July 2005, 04:53 PM
My chime in -- Guys, why not stop thrashing eachother over this.
Bottom line -- a driver was intimidated by a tailgater who happened to be a cop.

He/She did not like it. THis is fair enough.

And frankly, you will find all types in the Police Farce, just as with any sector of the community -- there will be God Mode types, understanding types and str8 out A hole types...

BTW -- the bloke refered to as getting off a ticket when tailgated was in a skyline. Was tailgated for a lengthy period... not just a few minutes and stated they had though the vehicle following them was a potential hijacker or return-later-and-steal-your-ride theif. Interestingly while waiting to go to court for the speeding ticket (140 in a 60) the skyline in question was stolen, possibly helping the cause.
This happened in Queensland last year.

THe driver of the skyline did not dispute another charge also given on the same night, by the tailgating coppers, for a defect.

Worth noting -- the skyline turned into its home street and did a u-turn and the tailing car attempted to block it from leaving the street which is when the driver floored it and exited via the side walk.
Police admitted they had not identified themselves up to this point. So don't try this one and expect to win if you know cops are tailing you.

Tricky Ricky
12th July 2005, 08:15 AM
I'm not very knowledgeable in this issue, just wondering how does it work with the evidence (if any?)

Say I'm being tailed by an unmarked car, and I speed over the limit, and I get pulled over and the car behind turns out to be a cop car. How do they know what speed am I doing, do they keep a speed radar in a car or something to record my speed? Otherwise it's just his story, my story. Anyway, I'm not going to try my luck, when people tailgate me in a 60km/h zone, I just lower my speed (not suddenly) to 20km/h to piss them off. They usually get impatient and take over. Yes, get out of my sight, I thought.

Namus
12th July 2005, 12:23 PM
yeah i've thought about how they prosecute that too....AFAIK, they don't have that vid cam technology like in the UK where the camera records your car (obviously) but also measures the cop cars current speed and displays that too (with other info as well)...pretty sure we don't have that