PDA

View Full Version : FIRST PICS! ASTRA H SEDAN!!!!

Red AH SRI T
27th June 2005, 02:29 PM
http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/segredos/vectra-1g.jpg
http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/segredos/vectra-2g.jpg

btm
27th June 2005, 02:41 PM
don't think i'm a fan

it actually looks like a bigger version of the toyota echo sedan

Dee
27th June 2005, 02:46 PM
why on earth do they paint them like that??

is it to make them un-recognisable.....

plain black or white would have been fine and probably would have saved time on the paint job :roll:

Red AH SRI T
27th June 2005, 02:56 PM
They paint job is to disguise them

sure u can see the general shape of the car, but that masking covers up the finer details

InsaneAsylum
27th June 2005, 03:14 PM
don't lie!!! i've seen that paint scheme at autosalon before. it looks sik

01CDsedan
27th June 2005, 03:18 PM
And everyone said there wasn't going to be a H sedan....I like it.

Greg K
27th June 2005, 03:25 PM
chevy badges too!
will have to see it in the flesh to make a better judgement!

RudeOne
27th June 2005, 03:33 PM
i like... has potential :twisted:

Wattie
27th June 2005, 03:51 PM
mmmm ZEBRA!! i want!! haha
think i'll stick to my white vec, with black windows...

ecstasy
27th June 2005, 04:58 PM
bit yuck, but will see the finished product. Hope they will be out by the end of the year in Brasil or Argentina so i can get some chevy badges for my AH. maybe other goodies too, cause with the exchange rate parts will be cheap as :)

BassyAstra
27th June 2005, 08:58 PM
I can imgaine it would be hardy to source some chevy badges.

Jenn
27th June 2005, 09:07 PM
Sweet!!! 8)

gaero
27th June 2005, 09:28 PM
the front pic makes it look very "merc-ish" ... that boot is just begging for a nice SRi spoiler :twisted:

Mazda 3 look out!!

Aussie-in-London
27th June 2005, 10:40 PM
looks like the new vectra to me
actually i think it is
no word in the UK about an astra H sedan

BassyAstra
27th June 2005, 10:58 PM
Its is the vectra - http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/segredos/vectra-1g.jpg

Anonymous
28th June 2005, 12:14 AM
i thought it looked too big to be an astra :P, i think its a great job with the new vectra, they fixed the lights hehe, with a phat kit and some nice ribs and a chop at the knees it will look awsome

Clint
28th June 2005, 12:53 AM
yea tru, right click the image click properties and is says its a vectra...

aussie_in_london
28th June 2005, 03:58 AM
i thought it looked too big to be an astra :P, i think its a great job with the new vectra, they fixed the lights hehe, with a phat kit and some nice ribs and a chop at the knees it will look awsome

there is some pics floating around of the new vectra in vxr form
you should like that with an 250 bhp power plant
nice looking machine

01CDsedan
28th June 2005, 09:24 AM
Unless they have completely redesigned the Vectra to look exactly like an Astra H with a decent boot, it is NOT a Vectra.

GM Brazil has a long history of designing sedan versions of Opels for the local market - obviously people there have seen the light and know that sedans are superior to hatchbacks 8) I think there's even a Corsa sedan getting around there.

If it is GM Brazil who is behind this, that probably means it won't be seen here (unfortunately).

Red AH SRI T
28th June 2005, 04:24 PM
I know the properties say vectra, but LOOK at it

That aint no vectra :screwy:

ecstasy
28th June 2005, 06:17 PM
find out a bit more and yes guys its a new vectra that GM will be lauching in Brasil. So not a AH astra. They will come with a 2.4 (148cv) engine and will be exported to Mexico. Thou i must tell u that it seems to share heaps of parts of the AH. Will look further into it. But lights and front quarter panels are the same. Different bumper and same sides. I reckon it will be a nice source of mods for my car :D I'll be heading down there in december will see what goodies i come with.

p.s: better pic of it.
http://http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/gm/2006/vectra-br-1g.jpg

pic is not working follow the link http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/gm/2006/vectra-br-1g.jpg

ecstasy
28th June 2005, 06:33 PM
theres more guys for the ones that can read spanish or portuguese, the rest look at the pics :lol:

http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/artigos2/vectra-2006.htm

xenon lights, hmmm wonder how cheap they are going to be over there.

and theres a full turbocharged v6 engine on it with 230cv

ecstasy
28th June 2005, 06:42 PM
need to find a bit more info but it's an astra AH, that it's gonna be called vectra for the South American and Mexican market.

01CDsedan
29th June 2005, 10:58 AM
Last time I looked at the GM Brazil site they were still selling the Vectra B, so they may have decided this would be a better replacement than the more expensive to build Vec C.

Namus
29th June 2005, 03:30 PM
i'll stick with mine thanks

OPL-20T
29th June 2005, 05:24 PM
mazda 3 gone wrong i think. :screwy: :bang:

Red AH SRI T
1st July 2005, 10:23 AM
Doesn't look anything like a Mazda 3 :roll:

astra03
6th August 2005, 01:46 PM
Anyone know if there is new information on a AH sedan ever being built for the Oz market? I think they made a blue especially for our market on not having a sedan version. I guess the Viva as a sedan might be a second choice substitute in Holdens eyes, but cant see too many current Astra owners going to a rebadged Daewoo.

I will be looking down the road in a couple of years to replace my TS and currently Holden does not have a car to suit my needs. Barina too small, Vectra (if still around) too dear and the AH hatch not enough boot space.

So my ever increasing credit on my Holden card may have to go to someone else and I go shopping elsewhere unless they get a sedan on the market. I have heard sales on the AH are not that flash, when I first saw it and the specs, I am not surprised.

Lots of bells and whistles but entry model too dear, engine is falling behind opposition (now hauling more weight) , no sedan version, boot too small compared to TS sedan and NO TEMPERATURE GUAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone give me a reason why they would delete the most important guage on the dash?????????????????????????????

As my father as a motor mechanic and also straight from a current Holden dealership mechanic, it should be 6" across and a big flashing light if something is wrong.....

Red AH SRI T
6th August 2005, 05:02 PM
I have heard sales on the AH are not that flash

You must be listening to the sewer

BassyAstra
7th August 2005, 06:27 AM
In sydney east every second car on the road is a bloody H. :(

Red AH SRI T
7th August 2005, 09:28 AM
LMAO @ bassy

Anonymous
7th August 2005, 12:16 PM
nice corolla

Namus
7th August 2005, 02:44 PM
yeah quite a few AH's around here as well..

GOZOFF
8th August 2005, 06:36 PM
Hmmm wierd they said they wernt bringin out a sedan in the new shape :?

Aussie-in-London
9th August 2005, 10:50 PM
NO TEMPERATURE GUAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone give me a reason why they would delete the most important guage on the dash?????????????????????????????.....

i asked the vxr guys when i was test driving the astra vxr the question about temp gauges etc
and there say , if there is a problem the ecu will bring it to your attention of the center console screen, why have dials that you really dont need to continuely look at other than the speedo. rev counter, fuel and the road.
Fair call i guess when you look at it that way.