PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Tyre place (tyre king B/hills)

HDTDude
25th June 2005, 05:04 PM
well today i got my new rims, second hand off TRN00N but i decdied to go to a tyre place for them to put them on for me. They said $20 im like yeah do it...
while we were waiting we see a Ford XR6 leave then half way up the street the wheel comes off! yeah thats right comes of all destroys the whole gaurd and yeah looked pretty bad.
i wasnt happy as mine were being done then... so i asked how did it happen they said, we didnt tighen it.... (idiots)
then when the guy called me into the work shop to clear something up... we see another car being worked on and it had alloys, they take the wheel off let it smash into the jack, so would have got some damage... (while all this is going on the guys working are swearing their heads off and talking about crap...
then i finally get mine car back... 1 and a half hours later (they said 30 mins) and i get home with my stock wheels. turns out they had done the same to my wheel droped it on the jack and now my stock alloy looks stuffed, very dissopointing
oh and the other day my dad when there to get new tyres and they stole 2 chrome valve caps!
not happy with this place at all.
if your looking at tyres or mags around baulkham hills area dont go to... tyre king baulkham hills!

Mr Cali
25th June 2005, 07:26 PM
why the hell would you pay some one to change wheels over :roll: its a 30min job with standard tools and a jack.

HDTDude
25th June 2005, 08:01 PM
meh $20 saves me a few hours... i only got a crap jack and no air gun thing only hand turning thing

Clint
26th June 2005, 01:22 AM
lol i got no air gun thingy either... u should try changing bobcat tyres without it! and you complain about changing car tyres. using a good socket set, sticking a 6 foot pole on the end, its still not easy, i tend to bend and twist the socket set instead of getting the nuts undone lol

Nem
26th June 2005, 02:56 AM
My tyre man does it for me for free. He even does my 5000km wheel rotation and balance for free too. It's called customer service. Funnily enough he's got repeat business from me as well as word-of-mouth business from all my friends and relatives.

Slimcraigie
26th June 2005, 06:05 AM
All garages are full of crap staff in the workshop I know I watch them in ours, We have some very good mechanics but a few just don't give a S*** about other peoples property, you should see the comeback jobs we get and we are an above average dealer

nicecar
26th June 2005, 10:54 PM
In the uk car servicing bad:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4111534.stm

Same thing happened years ago to a friend. In Oxford he had his tyres replaced and they only put one bolt on the wheel (leaving the other 3 off) and only hand tight!!!
Luckerly he noticed the strange noise!!!!

JohnBu
28th June 2005, 12:26 PM
oh and the other day my dad when there to get new tyres and they stole 2 chrome valve caps!
not happy with this place at all.

and you went back?

HDTDude
28th June 2005, 04:39 PM
yeah i did clearly

Namus
29th June 2005, 03:26 PM
that's pretty bad mate....the guy with the XR6 would prob sue to recover damages i imagine....i know i would