PDA

View Full Version : New RTA Rules

zoidberg
23rd June 2005, 01:13 PM
Does anybody know what exactly the new rules are for younger drivers?

Anonymous
23rd June 2005, 01:39 PM
its on the front page of the rta website champ
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/car/p1p2_conditions.html?hhid=2

Nem
23rd June 2005, 02:14 PM
This in general is good news. But what do you do in a months time if you already own a vehicle on the list and you're on your P's?

Mr T
23rd June 2005, 03:33 PM
This in general is good news. But what do you do in a months time if you already own a vehicle on the list and you're on your P's?

It's only relevant for those who do not have their P's yet

Anonymous
23rd June 2005, 03:36 PM

also found on the rta website :roll:

This condition does not apply to:

Existing provisional (P1 and P2) licence holders, unless they are disqualified for a serious driving offence from 11 July 2005.
Learner licence holders.

Nem
23rd June 2005, 03:54 PM
also found on the rta website :roll:
This condition does not apply to:
Existing provisional (P1 and P2) licence holders, unless they are disqualified for a serious driving offence from 11 July 2005.
Learner licence holders.
aaahhh k I figured as much though I didnt get to reading that far. Interesting to note that it doesnt apply to L plate drivers. Would have though it to be a blanket ban.

Anonymous
23rd June 2005, 04:05 PM

yeh catch the bus

Dave
23rd June 2005, 08:20 PM
gues ppl can kiss all there skylines and jap crap good bye then.......haha classed as a sports viechel. about bloody time, but its kinda sad aslwell. no more beefy cars seen wraped around a pole awww im sad.

Anonymous
23rd June 2005, 09:16 PM
i love the fact that it doesnt apply to us people who have our P's already :D but what would the classify as a seriously driving offense? does loosing your licence for not displaying P plates classify as that? :P

this doesnt impede my plan at all anyways hehehe good on em, although i only see this as a quick fix because you can still do 160 km/h in a 1.8l 4cyl compared to doing 240 in a supercharged 3.8 6cyl, at those speeds your still going to hit something hard and wrap around it.... they need to rethink the rules, its not enough of a fix IMO but still good they did something i guess

Dave
23rd June 2005, 09:44 PM
this doesnt impede my plan at all anyways hehehe good on em, although i only see this as a quick fix because you can still do 160 km/h in a 1.8l 4cyl compared to doing 240 in a supercharged 3.8 6cyl, at those speeds your still going to hit something hard and wrap around it.... they need to rethink the rules, its not enough of a fix IMO but still good they did something i guess

you can do 210 in an unworked 1.8 astra.............im not saying try it but from first hand experience i know they can, just take a little to wind out thats all.

Clint
24th June 2005, 12:57 AM
i love living in queensland :D

BassyAstra
24th June 2005, 01:59 AM
Why dont the nsw police and the rta just accept that teenagers are teenagers and thats what they do, big flashy cars, pumping systems and killing themselves and others.

People have died because of stupidity.

Its never going to stop, there will always be new generations of kids coming through which are the same out of control sterotype.

Dave
24th June 2005, 02:11 AM
it helps keep the population down, so does war, suicide, government and facist dictators, oh and dont forget my favorit, junkies.

beep beep sri
24th June 2005, 05:35 AM
id say they have done this so the cops can stop going to parents houses and giving em bad news. imagine being a parent and being told ya sons dead from a car accident. on the otherhand let the junkys die as most of there familys have given up on them after 5 years of drug rehab and a shit load of money

Namus
24th June 2005, 09:53 AM
i love living in queensland :D

haha so very true 8) 8)

you can do 210 in an unworked 1.8 astra.............im not saying try it but from first hand experience i know they can, just take a little to wind out thats all.

230km/h actually.... :oops:

SmellyTofu
24th June 2005, 11:11 AM
Why dont the nsw police and the rta just accept that teenagers are teenagers and thats what they do, big flashy cars, pumping systems and killing themselves and others.

Its never going to stop, there will always be new generations of kids coming through which are the same out of control sterotype.

I agree to a certain extent ONLY if they take out themselves and nothing else which also includes property so driving a car into the middle of the ocean is a fine (if they have no fuel in the tank and the car won't rust) by me if they choose to but sometimes they also take out innocent parties. This is why that something must be done. I'm sure you don't want to be taken out by a person doing something stupid when you were doing absolutely nothing wrong.

BassyAstra
24th June 2005, 03:24 PM
Ahh, very true.

Dave
24th June 2005, 05:44 PM
yeah youve got a point. lol even funier is that half of them cant drive properly, shure chomp it from the lights my grandma can do that............hmm you know what i mean i think.

Clint
24th June 2005, 06:16 PM
the cops r just gettin jealous that 17 year olds have faster cars then them :)

nah seriously, in a way limiting them from driving certain cars and engines, is stupid. some of the new 4 cylinder engines can go much faster than some of the old v8's

zoidberg
25th June 2005, 10:37 AM

yeh catch the bus

I get the feeling you dont approve of young people on the roads, you know what, it is the minority that spoils it for the rest of us.

I dont think i've EVER read a post of yours that actually had ANYTHING to do with the topic, your posts are always smart a$$ imature remarks

No wonder you've had a warning

auzvectra
25th June 2005, 02:15 PM
the cops r just gettin jealous that 17 year olds have faster cars then them

maybe thats why they hated my first car (12sec commo)!

some of the new 4 cylinder engines can go much faster than some of the old v8's

aint it true, i have proven it!

Nem
25th June 2005, 05:16 PM
nah seriously, in a way limiting them from driving certain cars and engines, is stupid. some of the new 4 cylinder engines can go much faster than some of the old v8's
Im sure that there are some quick enough NA 4 cylinder machines out there without even considering young drivers on boost.

auzvectra
25th June 2005, 05:25 PM
but then again, not just the new 4cyl's!

Nem
25th June 2005, 05:34 PM
Yes but many of the powerful 6's and 8's have been ruled out by this law even if they arent running boost.

MiksOpel
2nd July 2005, 01:15 PM
It wont be long until hybrid cars hit the market, and im sure they will have lots to deliver in the perfomance industry.

Charlatan
2nd July 2005, 06:05 PM
It'll be quite funny to see the prices of popular P plate cars drop, ie S4 RX7, 180sx's, Skylines etc. There will be no future generations coming through to take these of the hands of the current crop of young fellas. First gen WRX's should also come in for some rapid depreciation.

I think these laws are a good thing. I was stupid enough in a 1.3L Mazda 808 when I was on my P's. I pushed that car as hard as it would go. I HAD to know the limits, and I think a lot of young boys think this way. I can only imagine what I would have got up to in a turbo.

This attitude did teach me a lot about car control and respect however.

Dave
2nd July 2005, 10:57 PM
This attitude did teach me a lot about car control and respect however.

The only way to learn is to get out there and give it a go.

PRC33Y
4th July 2005, 08:26 PM

When they take out someone like your mum, your dad, your son, or your daughter im sure that you will be still saying that.

You might think that it sucks but when you have someone that has been made a vegetable because of wreckless behaviour yoú'll know what im talking about. Its the best thing to protect young drivers from the ultimate enemy......themselves.

Anonymous
4th July 2005, 08:34 PM
this is my favourite new rule
CODUCT ASSOCIATED WITH STREET RACING =3POINTS :mrgreen:

Mr T
4th July 2005, 09:12 PM
this is my favourite new rule
CODUCT ASSOCIATED WITH STREET RACING =3POINTS :mrgreen:

Gee...Thats a grey one that ay...how do you define conduct associated with?...does that mean I can loose 3pts while I hang the camera out the sunroof while filming a run from the lights..!!! :roll:

QRV_209
5th July 2005, 02:06 AM
itsa itsa itsa ooooooooooohhhhh itsa not so bad............... comon u know the words lol if u read it itsa whole big joke mum's big ass turbo charged "family car" u can aply for an exemption for the grand total of $23 lol alot of wrxie owners will get there cars in mummys and daddys name it wont stop people after all isnt a wrx just a inocent "family car" dont mind the sti works on it lol :wink: a bloody big joke :twisted: wattle they think of next

Dave
5th July 2005, 08:08 AM
No wolly pops for wittle kiddies? chokeing hazzard...........