PDA

View Full Version : New Vectra

Greg K
17th June 2005, 12:18 PM
What are your thoughts??
I like the sound of the 2.8L turbo V6 with a 6 speed auto!!!!
Doubt it will ever come here though!!

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2005/june/14/6316.asp

01CDsedan
17th June 2005, 01:32 PM
Sounds allright, and looks a fair bit better than the current model. But will it come here, or is there a suitable Daewoo just around the corner instead?

thirteen
17th June 2005, 07:46 PM
the front looks a bit weird dont u think?

the interior is nice. and i agree. the new engine sounds good.

i reckon australia will get a dumbed down version though. they dont want it to outdo the ve commodore which is soon to be released.

mixmelb
17th June 2005, 10:45 PM
Not too sure abt the front....

OPL-20T
17th June 2005, 10:52 PM
front is an ASTRA look a like for sure. not a fan by what i see so far.

RK
18th June 2005, 02:40 PM
Have you guys seen Motor mags sketch of the new Commodore??
Damn it looks hot!! I'd probably get that over a Vectra. hehe. It looks a lot like that Torana prototype.

zoidberg
18th June 2005, 02:43 PM
The current ZC Vectra looks better, i had one for a drive car for a few weeks, CDXi 3.2L V6 in manual......damn quick car

GOZOFF
18th June 2005, 04:01 PM
eek!! :shock: the front headlamps are shocking :(

Oz
18th June 2005, 07:08 PM
I wasn't sure about it at first but the new front is growing on me. I am still a big fan of the current Veccy C's front especially as on my CDXi but IMO this is taking the next logical step & obvious Opel style direction which is a good thing. :)

Will the new 2.8 V6T make it here :?: The current 3.2 V6 is a pearl of an engine & IMO better than the dunnydore donk. Definately smoother & freer in delivery. Power & torque stats may say otherwise but when you consider the weight each car carries the Veccy C is on par IMO. I reckon the 2.8 V6 T will come here & will have every bit as much power as in Europe. This car needs to work here as current trends suggest the medium car is on a massive comeback :) The new dunnydore will just need to lift it's game when it appears in 2006 :wink:

Vectracious
20th June 2005, 01:27 AM
I actually quite like the front - makes it look sleeker.

My B is getting on now and I am now starting to think about what I am going to get next. Had a drive of a 2.2 C the other week in auto form. Damn thing didn't move, but it sure felt a lot more comfortable than my B. A lot more room in the front and I didn't feel all scrunched up like I do in my car. Only things that are preventing me from taking the plunge is that:

- If I'm going to get a C, it has to be the 3.2 - and the budget won't stretch to a CDXi - only a CDX, and I've heard the suspension is pretty rubbish on the CDX
- It's still a Vectra and the average owner age is 60+ on these cars
- Its not RWD - and the auto box thinks it knows better than you so even in "Tiptronic" mode, it still kicks down if you are in a higher gear

Anonymous
20th June 2005, 09:13 AM
sorry i really dont like the way the new cars are heading :(, it almost looks like a mix btween the new CLS merc headlights and the liberty front bumper.

the lines dont match the lights, only possitive thing i can say is the engine looks like a beast and the interior look very classy.

i guess a pair of eyelids and a new front bumper would fix it hehe :lol:

RudeOne
20th June 2005, 11:58 AM
I saw this in Saturday's Courier Mail, not to bad..

Namus
20th June 2005, 12:27 PM
it's ok....dealwithable....unlike the 'new' astra and corsa.... :bang:

Corsa
23rd June 2005, 12:25 AM
Looks like the Vectra will be replaced with yet another Daewoo. What do you reckon the cahnces are that the Zafira will be the next one to be replaced by a Daewoo leaving the only Opel product in Aust the Astra as it's sales are too high to consider swapping it.
Corsa

RK
23rd June 2005, 07:42 AM
I thought the whole point was that Holden didnt care how high the current sales were? As long as they can get it cheaper elsewhere, they know buyers will buy it regardless of where it came from. Cos the Barina was a good seller too wasnt it, yet thats getting changed?

zoidberg
23rd June 2005, 10:54 AM
it doesn't mention anything about the Vectra becoming an asian car....unless i misread something

Vectracious
23rd June 2005, 02:21 PM
it doesn't mention anything about the Vectra becoming an asian car....unless i misread something

No, we are just speculating about what will happen because the Barina and Astra classic are about to be replaced with Korean GM product... :)

imay
23rd June 2005, 05:25 PM
Latest edition of goauto on-line magazine (http://mellor.carsales.com.au/mellor/enews.nsf/edition/$first) suggests that Holden are considering a Daewoo to replace the slow-selling Opel model Vectra.
The "Magnus" I think it was called, will be available in 4 and 6 cylinder variants that will compete with the Toyota Camry.
Sounds like GM are really desperate to rescue Daewoo at all costs.
To those of us that have German sourced Holdens (Barina, Astra G/TS/Mk4, Vectra, Zafira), it sounds like we are the last in the line of quality(?) built small/medium Holden cars. Might as well hold on to what you got, because once these Korean builds hit our showrooms, our cars will plummet in trade-in value . . . as if it isn't bad enough already!