PDA

View Full Version : Official": Astra Classic and Barina replaced!!

rjastra
15th June 2005, 09:07 AM
From Sept 2005 the Astra Classic and Barina are to be replaced with Daewoo derived cars.

The Astra classic by 3/5 door and stationwagon versions of the Lacetti. The car will be called the Viva and powered by the 1.8L astra engine

The euro Barina will be replaced by a revamped Kalos 1.5L.

----------------------------

Opinions? The Viva looks quite good in the pics.
The Kalos is a different matter. The 1.5L engine is a basic sohc 8v unit.

Nem
15th June 2005, 09:24 AM
uuuurrrgggghhhhh :( At least its the Astra Classic thats being replaced. V. sad about the Corsa not coming to Au anymore. Those Corsa D's were tidy.

Dee
15th June 2005, 09:51 AM
are you serious.... i was asking about the astra the other day at a holden dealer and they were telling me that nothing was changing....

rjastra
15th June 2005, 10:11 AM
are you serious.... i was asking about the astra the other day at a holden dealer and they were telling me that nothing was changing....

And you believed them? LOL

The change from the Astra Classic to the Viva will probably be a good thing.
The change to the Kalos is not a good one in my opinion.

Dee
15th June 2005, 10:23 AM
yeah i did....

then they told me a 30,000km service is $385 and i left!

01CDsedan
15th June 2005, 12:35 PM
Where are the pics of which you speak?

Namus
15th June 2005, 01:31 PM
good to see that the value of my car just went up three-fold :mrgreen: :screwy: :bang:

oneightoo
15th June 2005, 01:37 PM
holden have just murdered 2 great cars..

01CDsedan
15th June 2005, 02:30 PM
Found the article, which has some pics:

http://goauto.carsales.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/051D642870A75ED2CA25702000082DCA

The new Barina looks exactly the same as the Kalos did - should have made some modifications to the styling to make it different IMO. The Viva at least looks quite different to the Lacetti, but unfortunately does look a lot like the old Daewoo Lanos.

Still, most people who buy $15k cars are more interested in the deal than the car, so the new Barina will probably sell better than the old. I doubt that Astra sales will be much affected by the Viva though, which is good news for Holden.

CJB
15th June 2005, 03:24 PM
THAT IS DISGUSTING!!! It really is. I thought Holden said they would style the Barina to Australian standards. ARGH, I agree with oneightoo - they have murdered their best cars!!!

CJB
15th June 2005, 04:13 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON? I found this article and it states that Holden will be using the Daewoo for a brother Barina model - the Holden Aveo, but they will still import the Spanish built Corsa, YET prices for the 2006 Barina are set to rise because of the new model which may put the car in the VW league.

Have a look

http://goauto.carsales.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/C1335D4869244D8BCA256FFF007D5AD5

Anonymous
15th June 2005, 05:11 PM
who cares still rather a sri turbo corsa/c :mrgreen:

Alfonzo
15th June 2005, 06:53 PM
eww.

Well, there's another reason to invest in a Vectra :D
They shouldn't be going anywhere soon!

BassyAstra
15th June 2005, 07:30 PM
Holden are dissapointing, may aswell change over to Audi or Alfa Romeo.

CJB
15th June 2005, 08:20 PM
But I don't understand - are Holden getting rid of the Corsa sourced Barina's and introducing the Daewoo as another smaller car? Or are they just doing what's been said and not import the Corsa and use the Daewoo.

zoidberg
16th June 2005, 11:35 AM
IMO at the end of the day we still have the AH Astra, whcih when i goto buy a new car, if im still interested in it, I'll buy it and its still and Astra.

I think its good that the Viva will have the 1.8L astra enginbe in it. Hopefullt that means we might get the NEW 115kw 1.8L in the AH Astra's

BUT - the decision about the Barina is a bad one

01CDsedan
16th June 2005, 11:35 AM
eww.

Given the glacially slow sales of the current Vectra, I'll have $10 on the next Daewoo medium-large car (what used to be called the Leganza here) coming here with Holden badges.

01CDsedan
16th June 2005, 11:39 AM
Actually, I reckon the Barina decision is the good one and the Viva decision is the strange one. Barina will sell well, Holden will be able to load it up with equipment and sell it at Korean-style prices. It might not drive as well as the Opel Corsa, but as I keep saying, at $15k it’s not a car, it’s a deal.

On the Viva though, wouldn’t it have been simpler to come up with a new Astra City, or bring in a complete Viva range to replace the Astra altogether?

I think it’s going to be hard for Holden to explain to customers how the Viva and Astra are different but the same size and with the same engine. The Astra is going to have to be a fair bit better equipped than the Viva for this to work out.

What’s going to be even weirder is that they’re going to sell a Viva wagon and an Astra wagon. So we’ve gone from having no small Holden wagons for the past 20 years, to suddenly having two.

Namus
16th June 2005, 12:39 PM
just gimme my Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B 8) 8)

CJB
16th June 2005, 02:32 PM
I don't like the Viva, and as I said to some friends, the Holden Kalos/Barina/Aveo whatever it is looks ok, from the pic I saw (reminds me of a compact Commodore)... but I just think they are making a mistake with the Astra being the Viva. Every person I know who has an Astra but who isn't in love with Opels said they went for it because of it's classy styling.

I don't think the Viva has the styling that these people are talking about. Having said that though, some people have different tastes.

I reckon yeah, as far as sales go, maybe the Kalos as the Barina will do well - but why can't they keep the Corsa's as the Barina and bring in the Kalos as th Aveo. I like that idea... that way, everyone is happy.

rjastra
16th June 2005, 02:36 PM
I think it’s going to be hard for Holden to explain to customers how the Viva and Astra are different but the same size and with the same engine. The Astra is going to have to be a fair bit better equipped than the Viva for this to work out.

The AH Astra already is better equipped than the Astra Classic. ABS, Side airbags, MP3 stereo etc etc are all standard on the AH

All they need is to position the Viva below 20K and they will have a solid sales winner. I wouldn't be surprised if it came with a $18990 price tag to match hyundai.

CJB
16th June 2005, 03:48 PM
But when the Astra Classic came out and even up to a few years ago it use to be in the price of the AH Astra CD - so what happens if the Astra price falls slightly again? Then they have two cars for the similar price... or won't that happen?

wishbone
16th June 2005, 10:58 PM
yuk!
i don't llike it one bit
and its daewoo :( shucks!

Alfonzo
16th June 2005, 11:44 PM
eww.

Given the glacially slow sales of the current Vectra, I'll have $10 on the next Daewoo medium-large car (what used to be called the Leganza here) coming here with Holden badges.
I think I threw up a little.

Actually it's not hard to see why, For the price of a CDX Vectra with a 155kW 3.2L V6 you can go straight into an Acclaim sedan, with the 175kW Alloytec. For the price of a CDXi you can buy into an SV8 and still have some play money. Unfortunately the vast population will just buy straight into the Commodores (well, the interior is a little easier on the eyes too first up, haha)

Suddenly the new Focus Zetec is looking better and better, lmao :lol:

[edit: just on a side note, if they're pulling the Classic, what are they going to do with the Astra Convertible? Kill it entirely?]

BassyAstra
17th June 2005, 12:36 AM
Dont any holden people listen to the public ?
If anyone would rather a Daewoo over a corsa thats probably 2-4grand more then fuk youd be a stupied fuk.

Shaun
17th June 2005, 08:37 AM
Pitty cux the new Corsa/ Barina looks nice and the OPC Version would have been good if we had got it .

01CDsedan
17th June 2005, 01:42 PM
Plenty of people will prefer a Daewoo to a Corsa when the Daewoo comes in fully loaded at $15k.

I predict Holden dealers will be run off their feet selling them to eager punters.

CJB
17th June 2005, 02:10 PM
What does the Daewoo come with that the Corsa doesn't though?

oneightoo
17th June 2005, 02:26 PM
cheaper parts..

Red AH SRI T
17th June 2005, 02:36 PM
*vomits* :evil:

Can u imagine a Kalos SRi??? :screwy:

*goes over to sign up at www.daewooaus.com*

NOT :evil:

CJB
17th June 2005, 02:50 PM
*vomits* :evil:

Can u imagine a Kalos SRi??? :screwy:

*goes over to sign up at www.daewooaus.com*

NOT :evil:

ha ha ha, that is funny.

Yeah, I mean, I bought the 2004 model new and I thought it came with everything possible... so I am kinda speechless at the "Daewoo as a Barina has more extras"...

rjastra
17th June 2005, 03:39 PM
It's all about profit per unit sold. If Holden can make more profits selling the Daewoo derivatives then so be.

I am not in that market so I don't give a rat arse :)

But.... there will be lots of people who will like the look of the new Viva more than the current Astra Classic. The money they save they can spend on bling bling and doof doof.

Some images of the UK models

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/images/models/kalos_3d/home/sport/main_img_rh_05.jpg

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/images/global/models/lacetti/photo_gallery/image_4_rh_05.jpg

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/images/global/models/nubira/photo_gallery/image_3_la_rh_05.jpg

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/images/global/models/nubira_sw/photo_gallery/image_5_la_rh_05.jpg

oneightoo
17th June 2005, 05:26 PM
well i must say i dont think it looks all that bad..

please dont flame me now people..

the dash is quite nice actually..

180HOA
17th June 2005, 05:27 PM
wow... if you squint, that Lacetti in the 2nd pic kinda looks like the bahh-starred child of a TS and an AH...

I actually have a friend who bought one of the Lacetti's, amd I actually didn't think it was too badly finished... lets face it, while the TS was strong it was a bit rough round the edges. And, the Lacetti ran the TS 4 cyl engine, which is no bad thing. Handling is a bit soggy, but Holden claim to have tinkered with the suspension... so I'm gonna reserve my judgement on this one till I see it...

But as for the other little box...

littlered
17th June 2005, 10:24 PM
cheaper parts..

wanna bet !

My wife and I unfortunalty owned a Ford Festiva before we saw the light and bought an Astra. The quality was shit. For those who don't know they were made by Kia in Korea and is currently still being buit and sold as the Kia Rio.

These makers make their money on parts. For example a distributor cap for a festiva costs $75. I am not kidding you and the best part for then is that there is no after market alternative. You could only buy the genuine part. My sister in law has a Hyundai excel which has just killed it's second engine management computer. A second hand one is $300 and if you want brand new $1400. Shit, her heap isn't even worth that much.

We bought the Astra (2004 TS CDX) because of the quality, the solidness, the luxury and because we could get a Euro quality vehicle for $6,000 less than a golf or peurgot etc. Holden will shift a lot of sheet metal. Ford did with the fesitva but will you be buying a quality vehicle. NO Just look at all the shit festivas & excels you see on the roads that are falling apart and that aren't that old.

I have driven a lacetti and the quality compared to the Astra is quite poor. Handling which is one of the best things with an astra is almost non existance on one of these things. Fittings inside was very "plasticy" as well.

cavert emptor.

CJB
18th June 2005, 09:26 AM
YES YES LITTLE RED.
:P
Actually, one of my friend's has an Excel, and it's only done 140,000kms and the whole gear box is stuffed... can't go into gear or anything, and it was owned by a little old lady before him... and he drives it like you would drive a car that you love.

Also, I saw my ex-girlfriend the other day, and she has an Excel and it's done 130,000kms, and the engine sounds shocking. Ok, that could be just wear and tear, but when I asked her what was wrong with it, she said she has had it checked out by a mechanic and it was all good, but when I last drove her car when it was on 105,000kms, it did not sound like that!!!!

Plus, I don't think it handles nearly as good as the Opel's do. Every Hyundai I have driven (97 Excel, 98 Excel, 02 Accent) has been as rough as guts and the same for the only Daewoo I have driven which was an 02 Lanos.

So Holden had wanna have fine tuned the suspension alright!!! But, I must admit, when I looked at the Chevy Aveo, (Kalos) I didn't mind it - but that was the Chevy Aveo, it looks better rebadged. I didn't mind the Holden Aveo impression from the artrist... but... that still doesn't mean I like what they are doing.

When I think cheaper parts - I think poorer quality.

RapidSRi
20th June 2005, 09:46 PM
Dont any holden people listen to the public ?
If anyone would rather a Daewoo over a corsa thats probably 2-4grand more then fuk youd be a stupied fuk.Holden are now in a position with such strong branding that they think they can dupe consumers, but it is a case of trying to sell mutton dressed as lamb!
The shiny new Daewoos, um holdens, may loook okay but surely the test drive will give away their true origins.

Holden corporate execs have done a deal with Daewoo Korea to export Statesmans into their linup. So naturally, Korea is going to expect something in return.

What kind of SRi is going to come out of a Kalos, pathetic really

Vampire
21st June 2005, 12:36 PM
bad move i say

rjastra
22nd June 2005, 01:55 PM
The next to go is the Vectra.... Sales of which have slipped to less then 3500 in the last year

The be replaced with a new version of Daewoo Magnus.

Supposedly Opel are shooting themselves in the foot. They are increasingly making their cars too expensive for any market outside Europe.

oneightoo
22nd June 2005, 02:03 PM
yeah but whats the market in europe compared to their exports to aus?

CJB
22nd June 2005, 02:15 PM
Too bad it costs to much to import your own Opel... then none of this would matter really.

RudeOne
22nd June 2005, 04:33 PM
Will they continue to run the AH astra still???

Aussie-in-London
22nd June 2005, 10:31 PM
The next to go is the Vectra.... Sales of which have slipped to less then 3500 in the last year

Supposedly Opel are shooting themselves in the foot. They are increasingly making their cars too expensive for any market outside Europe.

i have seen pictures of the new vectra being released iover here in the UK later this year, very nice, head lights are very similiar to the astra H plus also releasing a opc / vxr model (250bhp)

Corsa
23rd June 2005, 12:30 AM
As the AH Astra is selling quite well and not all variants of it have been released yet it should at least remain safe for a while.
Corsa

RapidSRi
23rd June 2005, 10:26 PM
rjastra wrote:

Does anyone know what the Magnus is (the new version is rumoured to replace the Vectra) ?
From what I have read the Magnus is built by Opel, or at least powered by Opel, and sold as a Daewoo is Korea!?!

CJB
23rd June 2005, 10:28 PM
A magnus hey!!! Well, so long as it's Opel powered!

poita
23rd June 2005, 10:39 PM
magnus, kinda sounds like magna.
says it all really!!

Red AH SRI T
26th June 2005, 12:10 PM
Magnus is the replacement car for the Daewoo Leganza, it hasn't been sold here yet.

I think its been available in Korea for about 2 Years or something

http://www.dweb.hu/daewoofanpage/wallpapers/new_magnus_1024.jpg

BassyAstra
26th June 2005, 12:47 PM
Oh wow how nice, id rather one of those over an Astra or Vectra....**SARCASM**

Alfonzo
26th June 2005, 02:47 PM
Ohhh that's making me cry.

Really, that's.... oh that.... remove that picture.

16vopl
26th June 2005, 03:42 PM
even the name of the car, if it was incredibly crap no matter how good the car actually was could turn me off it. i know alot of people in the market for these dont care, but asta and corsa... even barina sound a lot better then 'lacetti' or 'viva'.
even the company daewoo just sounds crap. they could bring in a porsche, badge it daewoo and i still wouldnt buy it :x

atleast the uk get it badged as chevrolete, which is a somewhat respectable brand in america IMO and the link between korean crap isnt so distinguishable.

BassyAstra
26th June 2005, 04:49 PM
Holden are doin this because we provided daewoo with our cars and also some head guy@holden is best mates with the daewoo ceo, this was in the paper!

joe
26th June 2005, 05:17 PM
THERE DOING IT coz of high costs of european cars therte ****ing cheap jew noobs i sure as hell aint buying some asian shit car

BassyAstra
26th June 2005, 07:53 PM
Yes, and this too.

Red AH SRI T
27th June 2005, 11:50 AM
Ohhh that's making me cry.

Really, that's.... oh that.... remove that picture.

ROFLMFAO!

01CDsedan
27th June 2005, 03:16 PM
Holden are doin this because we provided daewoo with our cars and also some head guy@holden is best mates with the daewoo ceo, this was in the paper!

Holden are doing this because they own a big chunk of Daewoo on behalf of GM and want to maximise GM's investment in the company, and because they can import Korean-made cars for less than Euro-made ones.

Higher sales and/or higher profits per car - Holden wins.

Holden providing Statesmans to Daewoo is part of Holden's part ownership of the company - Holden gets a new market to export cars to. Holden wins again.

It's all simply good business - nothing to do with anyone being anyone's mate.

BassyAstra
27th June 2005, 11:09 PM
It's all simply good business - nothing to do with anyone being anyone's mate.

Yeah everything youve said is correct, but it did say in the telegraph that a head director of holden was best mates with the ceo of Dae'CRAP'woo.

Red AH SRI T
28th June 2005, 04:26 PM
Magnus could become Holden Vectra

Magnus on the mind: Magnus could come to Australia with four-cylinder and V6 power.

Holden plans Korean-made sedan replacement for European-built Vectra

By JOHN MELLOR 27 June 2005

HOLDEN is considering yet another GM Daewoo-sourced car for the Australian market – this time to replace the Vectra.

Holden chairman and managing director Denny Mooney, told GoAuto in Korea last week he thought the Daewoo Magnus, a four-cylinder and six-cylinder car which sits above the Daewoo Lacetti (Holden Viva), would drive more sales for Holden in the medium-car market than the Belgium-built Vectra.

"We only do 3500 Vectras a year," he said.

An all-new Magnus is due to be launched in Korea in November. This is the car under consideration for Australia.

The current Magnus is front-wheel drive and available in Korea with a 2.0-litre or 2.5-litre straight-six Daewoo engine, or a Holden-built Family II 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine.

The new model is expected to be powered by the 2.5-litre straight-six, a version of the Family II four-cylinder and a new 2.0-litre diesel engine based on an MV Motori design being built in a new GM Daewoo engine plant recently commissioned in South Korea.

But work is also under way to marry a 2.8-litre V6 version of Holden’s Melbourne-built Alloytec engine with the Magnus.

Alloytec V6 engines with front-drive transaxles were undergoing tests in the GM Daewoo engine laboratories in Seoul last week, but this development work will not be completed in time for the November launch of the new model.

The plan is to introduce the V6 into a later version.

Holden is said to be considering importing Magnus with both a six-cylinder and four-cylinder petrol engine.

The company believes the Toyota strategy of having both four- and six-cylinder versions of the Camry is working and that it will give the Magnus a foot in both camps within the medium-car market.

Holden says that some large fleets prefer to run a mix of six-cylinder and four-cylinder cars, and that having both engines in the Magnus for Australia would boost its sales prospects.

Mr Mooney, who sits on the board of GM Daewoo (which is 43 per cent owned by Holden), sees the Korean company as a source of competitively priced Holdens right across the range below Commodore.

He is also keen to see that Holden pulls its weight in selling Daewoo product in Australia after pulling the pin on the separate Daewoo network Down Under.

GoAuto understands that there were strong feelings within the GM Daewoo board about closing the Australian operation of Daewoo and that Mr Mooney had to convince president and CEO Nick Reilly and the board members representing Korean investors that it was the right course of action.

But Mr Mooney is confi dent the Magnus – a nameplate not destined for Australia – will be a strong entrant with its two engines and that it will be more than a match in size for the likes of the Subaru Liberty.

Vectra sales have fallen in Australia because the latest model has become a premium-priced car in its class. In Europe, car-makers are chasing sales in small- and medium-sized cars by making the cars more luxurious.

Indeed, GM’s European arm Opel demonstrated this last week with the release of its updated Vectra, which among its changes are higher quality materials and soft-touch dashboard plastics in the cabin.

From Holden’s perspective, the additional equipment and cost built into the Vectra inflates the source cost, making it hard for the Australian company to make the car appealing in any sort of numbers against Korean- and Japanese-sourced vehicles.

http://goauto.carsales.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/3E15D95D2030A8A5CA25702D001E1C1D/$file/2005[1].06.22_Holden_Magnus.jpg

blackastra
29th June 2005, 02:04 AM
lazy holden ppl

selling astra and barina under local brand means that they a free of the import tax

this alone gives them a distinct advantage let alone the cars itself being excellent vehicles

decent marketing will have them selling

holden ppl only interested in volume selling commorodores in accordance to their american boss's american business policies

also why astra/barina/vectra cars are compared to japanese/korean vehicles i will never understand, given that the golf/passat/306/206/clio etc are true competitors origin/size/quality/engine/refinement wise; just as they are in europe

though the daewoo sourced vehicles look average and arn't as refined, this could eventually change given their increased market and production volume, meaning more funds are returned to redevelopment

what the title reads isn't going to change - look to the good side

rjastra
29th June 2005, 10:06 AM
The cars being replaced are not in direct competion with European marques.

The Barina is supposed to compete in the CHEAP runabout market that is dominated by toyota/Mazda and other asian brands that sell on $$ and equipment.

The Viva replaces the old old old Astra G that is marketed in the <$20K market dominated by the cheapest Corolla and other asian brands. Cost and equipment drive this market

The Astra H is the one competing against the Euro brands and it does a good job at that. It desperately needs a more powerful engine though. And I don't mean a turbo.

Will be interesting to see what the Astra Sports Hatch will be like. I would buy one if it came with the 2.2L engine. The idea of a little 1.8L doesn't grab me... and the cost of the Turbo looks too much for what you get.

Looks like i will be keeping the Astra Sri for awhile longer before switching to a Golf Gti or, strangely, down grading to something like the new Suzuki Swift Gti.

01CDsedan
29th June 2005, 10:39 AM
The one question that's on my mind is: what will this do to Holden's reputation and its position in the market?

Barina, Astra and Vectra are all excellent cars and the Astra in particular is a car that a lot of people would like to own, in part I'm sure because it's clearly a cut above its Japanese competitors and is more in the 307/Golf market than in the Corolla/Pulsar cesspool.

This has meant, in my view, that the 'prestige' of owning a Holden has increased in the past few years since the Euro models replaced the Toyota-based dross.

If the Holwoos don't stack up in road tests, with good handling and performance and superior equipment and quality, then Holden's current image and reputation could suffer.

Can't wait for the magazine reviews and to have a good look at them myself.

CJB
29th June 2005, 10:45 AM
Is it possible for Holden to say... not use the Daewoo's as the new Barina and Astra forever if they don't do so well with buyers? It's one thing to go for cheap and have lots of equipment, but overall, I think quality is what it comes down to. I was just thinking that maybe Holden after a year or two Holden might realise just how big the mistake was???

Sure, extra equipment for the same price appeals to all - but... it's cutting costs somehwere else on the vehicle, in this case, it could be handling?

01CDsedan
29th June 2005, 10:59 AM
Hopefully the local Holden engineers will get a chance to tune the handling for Aussie conditions before sale - this is what they've been doing with the Opels anyway.

rjastra
29th June 2005, 04:54 PM
but overall, I think quality is what it comes down to. I was just thinking that maybe Holden after a year or two Holden might realise just how big the mistake was???

Funny you should say that.... as that is what people thought when Holden first introduced the euopean barina 10 yrs ago.

The car was slower and worse built than the japanese built (suzuki based) swift it was originally based on.

I bet Holden wishes it could sell the current Swift as a barina. And you can see the price advantage even that car has over the current Barina. For the same price it is loaded with gear that isn't even optional on the Barina here (ABS, side airbags, 75kw!!, etc etc)

The same could be said of the first opel based Astra we got. It was a bit of a woofer frankly. No one wanted it.

CJB
1st July 2005, 07:47 PM
:lol: yeah... the new Suzi is nice.

To be honest I am a little worried I might like, yes like, the Daewoo Barina or Viva... and... not be an Opel-Guy! But - I am sure just picturing the Daewoo symbol on it will be enough to turn me off.

Will they be having a Holden engine or Daewoo one?

dug74
1st July 2005, 08:26 PM
As featured in the car guide section of the newspaper on wednesday...

Enjoy.....i didnt.

New Daeden/Holwoo Barina (http://members.optusnet.com.au/opelbadges/Corsa/barina.jpg)

The new Suzuki Swift GTi to be released is the same as the 5dr in design/specs..but will have a new 1.6L motor with about 100+Kw.....so the current Barina SRi has no hope and the <if they make it> Kalos/Barina SRi im sure will be crap....

And why would holden put a bigger engine in the barina/kalos <1.5L 62Kw> but give it 4Kw less... SILLY

CJB
1st July 2005, 08:44 PM
I don't like where the aerial is positioned on the roof... looks stupid.

How is it going to be with Kalos' and Barina's on the road??? I see heaps of Kalos' around town - especially since news broke of the new Barina.

There goes my theory of having a new car... it's outdated after less than a year! :evil:

Alfonzo
3rd July 2005, 03:28 PM
As featured in the car guide section of the newspaper on wednesday...

Enjoy.....i didnt.

New Daeden/Holwoo Barina (http://members.optusnet.com.au/opelbadges/Corsa/barina.jpg)

rofl. I love how they just grafted a VY Commy grille onto it.

Gildo
3rd July 2005, 04:16 PM
THERE DOING IT coz of high costs of european cars therte **moderated** cheap jew noobs i sure as hell aint buying some asian **moderated** car

U RASIST C|_|NT!!!!!!!!

PRC33Y
4th July 2005, 08:35 PM
Apparently they dont read forums where alot of their customers go and chat about their cars. Sad.....very sad especially when we are in the age of the internet.

Long Live OpelAus!!!

01CDsedan
5th July 2005, 12:02 PM
They certainly read LS1.com.au - and a very similar discussion to this has been going on over there.

rjastra
5th July 2005, 03:51 PM
The new Suzuki Swift GTi to be released is the same as the 5dr in design/specs..but will have a new 1.6L motor with about 100+Kw.....so the current Barina SRi has no hope and the <if they make it> Kalos/Barina SRi im sure will be crap....

Except the new Swift Gti will actually be a 3 door :)

RudeOne
5th July 2005, 05:27 PM
Apparently they dont read forums where alot of their customers go and chat about their cars. Sad.....very sad especially when we are in the age of the internet.

Long Live OpelAus!!!

Forums like this only count for maybe 1% of their customers australia wide.

RapidSRi
5th July 2005, 09:50 PM
only count for maybe 1% of their customers australia wide.

..besides half of the forum says it's not so bad and..

isn't going to change - look to the good side

No offense but this is OpelAus not DaewooAus and not many seem really too bothered with it.

I agree that it won't last, that last photo was horrible!! Ford tried and failed this route..

Alfonzo
11th July 2005, 05:45 PM
Here's a quick Q - what will they replace the Zafira with?

Red AH SRI T
11th July 2005, 06:49 PM

The Taccuma :twisted:

CJB
11th July 2005, 07:34 PM

The Taccuma :twisted:

LMAO - That's a good one!

Won't they just not replace it? I read on the net that they (GM) weren't really concerned with replacing it because of the new all wheel drive they are releasing and the fact that the Zafira sales weren't impressive. Just what I read - more than likely wrong.

Red AH SRI T
13th July 2005, 08:15 PM
nah, its probably right

no one is aus likes to be seen driving a ppl mover

where as in Europe if u drive a Renault Espace ( a large luxury very stylish 7 seat people mover) you are seen to have "made it"

Weird ass frenchies :roll:

180HOA
13th July 2005, 11:49 PM
and the cost of the Turbo looks too much for what you get

Believe me, having owned an SRiT the extra $ are worth every penny, especially as the AH SRiT will come in at $35k...

dug74
22nd July 2005, 07:33 PM
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news/images/news529.JPG

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news/images/news530.JPG

Here is the replacement for the Astra Classic....the new Holden Viva

Red AH SRI T
26th July 2005, 09:51 PM
The sedan and Wagon look totally different to that, i have seen them ;)

CJB
26th July 2005, 10:03 PM
When are they coming out??? And when does this new Barina come out? Can't be too far away now. :(

rjastra
26th July 2005, 11:02 PM
The sedan and Wagon look totally different to that, i have seen them

Well, we have all seen the new Viva sedan.... its just the old Lacetti!

01CDsedan
27th July 2005, 08:48 AM
I'd guess a launch at the Sydney Motor Show, so you (and possibly I, depending on what my fiancee wants to do about her car) have about three months to get into an Opel Corsa.

Red AH SRI T
31st July 2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah the Viva range will be launched at the end of the year, and the new Barina will be launched around the same time