PDA

View Full Version : Rim Respraying?

crayz legz
14th June 2005, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know how much it would cost to get rims resprayed a different colour? say gunmetal? any help would be great :wink:

Andy!
14th June 2005, 04:31 PM
not cheap someone was telling me about it once i think it was bout 150 a rim...prob 50 bucks either way
then again i could be completely wrong
it was a lot cheaper than buying new rims though...hope that gives you an idea

ring around for the best deal is the way to go

Wattie
14th June 2005, 04:34 PM
ask mr corsa...

Namus
14th June 2005, 05:27 PM
generally speaking (this is for Advanti rims; this is what i've been using the whole time I've been modding), for example, with 17" rims, in standard silver, u pay around $1500...

to go to shadow chrome (or white i'm told), it's an extra $200, so that takes it to about $1700..

I think I see the situation u're in; you've bought rims, didn't like the colour after a while, want a different colour rim, but don't want to pay all over again for the price of the rims...is that about right?

Better off geting the new rims as Andy! said....idea: sell you're old rims and that should go a fair way (pending on condition of old rims etc of course) to paying for the rims...

Please NOTE: the above references to prices is a VERY general guide; of course this depends on the brand of rim; whether they're standard alloy; cast; three piece or wateva...and then of course there's the tyres u have on them too...

Gildo
14th June 2005, 08:48 PM
just get them chrome dipped:D bahahahah

losta_masta
14th June 2005, 08:56 PM
I've benn told is somewhere around 100-150 per rims, depending on the rims condition....

losta_masta
14th June 2005, 08:58 PM
don't get them chrome mate...too bling2 :)

Bernard Siong
14th June 2005, 09:02 PM
ok i took my wheels to get repaired
pretty badly guttered

quoted $500 in any colour
600 if i want shadow chrome

Caly2c
14th June 2005, 09:05 PM
Totally agree with you there mate. Gotta love black ;)

Gildo
14th June 2005, 09:07 PM
yeh my rims are also $600 to get them repaired and resprayed
how i see it is you mite as well sell what ever you got and get a new set of rims,
after all at sometime or another you will get bored with the rims you have

Anonymous
16th June 2005, 08:49 AM
wouldnt mind a set of new Astra H HBD 18's in shadow chrome /droooool :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

but yes as said i was thinking of getting my stock CD rims sprayed not long ago to gunmetal grey, they quoted me $350 - $400, but thats prolly cuase they are 15's :P

anyway show us what you come up with!!!