PDA

View Full Version : pod filters...

euro_stylin
12th March 2004, 10:04 AM
hey i noticed alot of 'fully sick' cars in hot4's and at the auto salon etc have pod filters without having air vents or heat shields around them...wouldnt they over heat like other cars??
hmm but i guess if you only drive it to photo shoots and shows it wouldnt be to much of a problem huh :roll:

Rhino
12th March 2004, 10:33 AM
On forced induction cars:

Although it is good to cool the air as much possible before it gets sucked in, the turbo tends to heat it up anyway... you will notice that all of them will have a larger custom front mount.

How much you can cool your air after it has gone through your turbo the better.

NA cars is a very different story though. Definitely need to have C.A.I.

Vinnie320
12th March 2004, 05:02 PM
Depending on where in the engine bay the pod is positioned, it may suck in warm air and have a reverse effect. Heat shields, vents, CAI etc are often overlooked despite being somewhat of a necessity. A lot of owners of these cars care more about the way their engine bay looks rather than how it performs.

Anonymous
12th March 2004, 05:23 PM
I so have to take a photo of my CAI.
I think thats one of the reasons while cruising, the temp falls so low, coz i'm really picking up heaps of cold air, cept on a hot day, when its just mcphuked!

Rhino
12th March 2004, 05:41 PM
My car suffers when the temp rises :cry:

Can we go to Mt Front Mount.

I'm Idaho!

I gotta stop watching the Simpsons!

Anonymous
12th March 2004, 06:12 PM
mmmmmmm front mounts...
They are just such a sexy accessory dont you think!?!

Hardware BoB
15th March 2004, 05:52 PM
the astra already has a front mount ;)
I fanged my astra up lake mountain, then we stopped for a while, the engine got some nice heatsoak, so when we started going again, the engine management retarded the timing to hell and it was going really badly..
5 minutes later, temperature had dropped, timing was back and it was running beatifully, go opel! :)
heavily modified cars are overrated, I'm over it now, I like *subtle* mods :)

Anonymous
15th March 2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah like t28 ball bearing, big front mount, bigger injectors, ZORRRRST, NOS and a Type R badge!

Rhino
15th March 2004, 06:17 PM
the astra already has a front mount ;)

Pffff - that 'Coolgardie Safe' looking thing!

Mooooore, I want mooooore

Anonymous
15th March 2004, 06:29 PM
Nothing like a nice BIG polished front-mount...

Anonymous
15th March 2004, 09:36 PM
Dont forget stickers...they make the car go much quicker coz they are slippery :lol: