PDA

View Full Version : AAMI Insurance quotes.... AGAIN!

Anonymous
10th March 2004, 06:41 AM
Ok, im bored here, i got renewal coming up in a month (rego,ctp and comprehensive at the same time!)

Any one know the way in which AAMIs online quote system decides whether they can insure you or not.

take me for example, 21 in may, my car has zorst,air filter, lowered, hbd bodykit, hbd rims... they obviously wont insure me,

with trial and error i have concluded that they wont insure me for any "peformance modifications".... AIR CONDITIONING, ALLOY WHEELS, TINTED WINDOWS , CD/SOUND SYSTEM $800 is the only optional accessories they'll allow, and 1 "modification" which i put the body kit down.... wont allow any other mods at the same time or by them self...

So with body kit, the quote i got was $684, they've given mt 60% no claim bonus even though ive never held insurance under my name... is that right?

rjastra
10th March 2004, 12:12 PM
I think you need to use Just Cars (AAMI off shoot) for modified vehicles.

http://www.justcarinsurance.com.au/info.asp

Dregger
10th March 2004, 09:20 PM
mate u forgot about me again???

he who works at aami!

basically website is pretty restrictive, its only for your simple quote.

if its borderline then you gotta call. i'd suggest calling them anyway and getting a couple of quotes.

Anonymous
10th March 2004, 09:39 PM
oh no, i never forgot about u!

u didn't help me out before, didn't think u'd help me out now :lol: :wink:

u were going to add all that stuff to my policy :twisted:

Dregger
10th March 2004, 09:42 PM
oh no, i never forgot about u!

u didn't help me out before, didn't think u'd help me out now :lol: :wink:

u were going to add all that stuff to my policy :twisted:

ohh yeah thats right....i thought "i'm not gonna help that guy!!!"

and if i remember.....the agreement was that i will add all the things to the policy if you pay for me to live.....seeing as though i would no longer be able to work at aami :P

Anonymous
10th March 2004, 09:48 PM
i cant even afford for myself to live, let alone u aswell!....
I'm one of those people who needs time to think about my answers, if im on the phone getting a quote, i'll need to know my answers straight off.... i may need to *cough* "fluff" *cough* some of my responses..... to ensure better value for my dollar that i pay for my insurance....

And yes i do know the possible outcomes of my *cough* "fluffing".

I'll remember u next time i have a smash.... :roll:

Anonymous
11th March 2004, 06:14 PM
Why would the "factory" fitted body kit be a mod....wouldnt it be an accessory?

Dregger
11th March 2004, 06:35 PM
Why would the "factory" fitted body kit be a mod....wouldnt it be an accessory?

thats correct

Anonymous
11th March 2004, 06:40 PM
thats interesting... i never really thought about it that way :oops:

i always just gone on the theory... if its not standard then they want to know about it.... i guess i just used the same words as they did and called it a mod when really, its actually a factory optional extra....

dregger... take that up with you bosses... and have that fixed post haste :P

Dregger
11th March 2004, 06:50 PM
dont worry they would have already classified it as a cosmetic accessory....ur allowed 3 while under 25 ,

Anonymous
11th March 2004, 06:58 PM
Thats the kind of information i need to help me do my quotes! i make sure i get the most out of it :P

meanwhile ive just done the nrma online quote.... again... and i still cant find anywhere during the quote where it asks for my "modifications" yet the final estimate/quote says "agreed value including modifications"... to me thats saying.... "Sure Scott, Modify all you want, if you smash - we'll pay for it" its not as indepth as aami....

if were to accept the nrma quote right now would i be covered... based on the choice of words they used, all my modifications would be :?

I havn't gone through the T&C's but that line seems pretty misleading if they wouldn't cover my "mods" on my car... (of course unless those mods are illegal which is understandable)

Dregger
11th March 2004, 07:09 PM
mate dont worry abotu your mods....you have a Full bodykit.....thats it

they wont care! its only a cosmetic mod/accessory

dont stress, insurance companies are not ur enemies....

Anonymous
11th March 2004, 07:15 PM
im kinda just thinking worst case scenario.....
ill prolly just insure wth the bodykit... the rest will be our little secret :wink:

them quoting 60% NCB... is that right???

NUTTTR
11th March 2004, 09:16 PM
i'm paying 1300 with nrma 22 male on SRi 2.2L (car is covered for 36K - alot more than it's worth) with 6K of stereo on top of it, lol.... NRMA's underwriters sent me a personalised signed letter stating that unless i reduce my stereo to 3K worth they won't cover me this time round!!! The stereo's not worth THAT much, but still, i want retail replacement cost :D however, no one else will insure for the cover that NRMA has... better ring them about the tinted rear lights, lol!
Aaron

tmov81
12th March 2004, 07:21 AM
GRRR!

just got a quote of Just Cars to insure my 'unmodded', NA, 2L, 16V cally for $8000 +$300 for audio (there was a 6 stacker in the car when i got it) and guess how much the clowns wanted me (22yrs, 0% NCB) to pay per year...
$2700...
Bearing in mind i have factory alarm, factory immobiliser and after market immobiliser installed as well as it is garaged at night but they didnt have any questions to take those factors into consideration

i feel a Rush Hour quote coming on... "you can take that quote.... and shove it up yo ass...... right up yo ass...."

But an Astra SRi 36k + 6k stereo is only 1300...

ohhh whinge whinge...

Dregger
12th March 2004, 07:19 PM
yeah its your 0% NCB effect wihih has made u premium sooo high

NUTTTR
12th March 2004, 09:40 PM
yeah, i've got 65% NCB :D never at fault (yet, lol).... but hopefully will never have to claim... but at least, if someone DOES knock the car off, i can get an astra turbo as a replacement if they pay me out, ROFL... :)
However, i used to pay $1k for my volvo 740 worth 6K.... so do the maths, not sure what the hell is up with them, but no matter :)
Aaron

Dregger
13th March 2004, 09:41 AM
Basically, the older the car, the higher the costs to repair, the less people care about their car, so the case of incidents/accidents increases.....thats why older cars which are worth jack all, have such high premium compared to new cars.....ALOT of people just think its about how many mods you have and how much in total the car is worth.

I dont know why people dont ask their insurance company how their premium is calculated....your allowed to understand how a figure was calculated for a service.

they wont be able to give u a break down, but they will tell you what is taken into consideration in order for the computer to arrive at that figure.