PDA

View Full Version : DQT Test for NSW Licenses ...

a_manda
17th May 2005, 09:20 AM
hey everyone,

i'm about to finally get off my dreaded P plates :evil: and was wondering who here has sat the DQT Test to get your full license??

what preparation to you have to do for it, i noticed they have stimulated practice tests on the web, can anyone offer any other advice?

thanks, manda

oneightoo
17th May 2005, 10:13 AM
well i got my licence in the days of red p's to full licence so i wouldnt have a clue of this test.. but my gf did it about 3 months ago and failed the first time.. apparently the test is a crock of s h i t, well so i;ve heard from a few people, cant really practice for it either.. it tests your reflexes at stoping, turning when it's safe etc.. but on a computer is so totally different to driving in the real world..

a_manda
17th May 2005, 10:16 AM
yeh thats what i heard too ppl have failed 3 times before finally passing!!

and each time u fail its $32 to the government :roll: :evil:

oneightoo
17th May 2005, 10:21 AM
i really dont see how driving a car on the computer is going to make you a good driver on the road.. i mean i have record times on Gran Turismo.. i think the test should be with someone sitting next to you.. back in the car, or another knowledge based test.. who cares about statistics?? why do they quiz u on those?? it's not you'll be driving one night, it's raining, your male, your 21, you've had 3 beers, and there is a left turn coming, then you think to yourself, hell, if i crash and am seriously wounded i will be joining 5% of other drivers.. WHOOPY DOO!!

ps. rant over :D

lowey22
17th May 2005, 10:34 AM
dont have that system in qld, just automatically go from your Ps straight onto your Opens...

sounds like a gay wa y to do it though? i didnt know thats how they did it, an on the road test makes much more sense.

BassyAstra
17th May 2005, 12:02 PM
dreaded P plates

I love P plates!
Every other P plate looks at other P's, :P
Good to notice people you know or might know...etc..
Ill keep them for everrrrrrr.

a_manda
17th May 2005, 12:10 PM
i prefer not to be noticed, especially by the cops :twisted:

cant wait to chuck my P plates out .. or ill give u my second hand ones :screwy:

Red AH SRI T
17th May 2005, 02:35 PM
That test must be so easy to pass judging by half the drivers on the road :evil:

oneightoo
17th May 2005, 03:32 PM
mate there has always been people who you wonder how they got their licence.. and sadly, always will be..

Namus
17th May 2005, 04:07 PM
dont have that system in qld, just automatically go from your Ps straight onto your Opens...

yep gotta love it 8)

freaktown
17th May 2005, 05:27 PM
yea amandy pants i just did it!

what you wanna know!?

Miss_Astra
17th May 2005, 07:03 PM
i loved being on P's as well. i didnt wanna get off them,
i waited a few months extra then finally i had to

a_manda
17th May 2005, 07:11 PM
thats strange i just cant wait to get off them :(

i think its the 12 points thing revving me up ... i hate sitting on 4 points especially in DD :twisted:

i guess in some ways u get more attention on P's .. but meh cant wait to shift them off

freaktown
17th May 2005, 07:55 PM
it aint easy, you need to know the statistics from the DQT handbook.

the 2nd part is easy, just a harder version of hpt!

But know your statistics..

EAK33Y
17th May 2005, 07:58 PM
I passed it on my 4th go amanda

Next time we both on msn ask me about it

a_manda
18th May 2005, 01:29 AM
you got to donate >$100 to the government for nothing !!

yes ill get all the advice and information i can off you guys :|

opel_calibra
18th May 2005, 08:13 AM
the test to get off your green p's to full license is about 10 questions with that touchscreen carp and then another 5 multiple choice

i never read the book.. just went in and it wasnt that bad

ps if you are on green p's its 7 points... red is 4

a_manda
18th May 2005, 08:56 AM
yeh i know its 7 for greens but i lost 3 points for something once upon a time :oops:

i guess ill book the test and just study that handbook :roll: yay feels like im back at school :bang:

ultim8DTM5
18th May 2005, 09:33 AM
I'll have to do it as well- my license expires in a fortnight!