PDA

View Full Version : shorter anteanna

JohnBu
15th May 2005, 10:33 PM
hey guys..

you know where i can find a shorter antenna for my astra?

somethings thats say 10-15cm

Thanks..

none on ebay and the chain auto stores

gaero
15th May 2005, 10:46 PM
none on ebay and the chain auto stores

look on the uk us ebay sites

JohnBu
15th May 2005, 11:14 PM
thanks i'll check it out..

how much should i pay for one?

R3N
15th May 2005, 11:58 PM
http://www.ed.gov/inits/backtoschool/images/scissors.jpg

gaero
16th May 2005, 10:24 AM
:lol: @ R3N

cost? I paid all up ~$30 for three ...
If you think opels have long arials check out the metre long monster on the getz (even the hyundai dealer wanted to know how to getz these shorter ones)

R3N
16th May 2005, 12:13 PM
cost? I paid all up ~$30 for three ...
If you think opels have long arials check out the metre long monster on the getz (even the hyundai dealer wanted to know how to getz these shorter ones)

...how to getz these shorter ones? lol getz

Clint
16th May 2005, 03:44 PM
yea when searching ebay go to the aussie one then after u search click show world wide results on the left, then it also shows conversion of the prices

oneightoo
16th May 2005, 04:16 PM
not sure where he got it, but when my mate had his astra, over 3 years ago now, he had a BMW styled shark fin antenna on his.. dont know where he got it or if it was custom made, but dame it was shmick..

Clint
17th May 2005, 11:25 PM
on ebay u can get shark fin antennas, and antennas of all sorts, i think i saw in one sale, 5,10 or 15cm antennas, and in any colour, those sorts of metalic blue, red, green, yellow, chrome, black, there was a huge range

sparksy
17th May 2005, 11:35 PM
I have a 10mm ish one sitting in my garage. Someone on the forum here did a group buy last year. Sorry I forgot who it was. But anyway, its just sitting on the shelf as I got a shorter one. I'll wack a pic up on the weekend when I get home.

Anonymous
18th May 2005, 05:30 PM
Right ya are Toby.
Gianni(Aus-SRi) did a Group buy last Year. Cost $30.
Maybe its time to do another *Shrugs*

Petey
18th May 2005, 09:39 PM
:!:

I came across a shorter aerial in a car detailing site I was checking out the other day. Says u can use it for an astra / vectra etc... It's about $28 from memory... Check it out for yourself if it's what u r after...

www.waxit.com.au

BTW, i like those BMW shark finn aerials, but does anyone know if the reception is any good if u changed it ??? The reception of my radio is bad enough, but the AM band is a SHOCKER!!! Will it be improved? Or will it get worse???

Mitch
18th May 2005, 09:44 PM
Just take the aerial off, it'll still work, well mine did. But then again I don't listen to the radio in my car.

wishbone
18th May 2005, 11:42 PM
i have a silver chrome one on mine.. it doesn't look the best.. but its so easy to spot my car in teh car park :P
i think mine cost like 10 bucks?

mrbenno
19th May 2005, 10:39 AM
https://www.waxit.com.au/products.asp?cat=21

--------------------------
Order Total : $27.95
Shipping : $12.50
Grand Total : $40.45

lowey22
19th May 2005, 11:21 AM
Just take the aerial off, it'll still work, well mine did. But then again I don't listen to the radio in my car.

thats wat i did. it still works in most areas, unless u are going bush. i do a drive out to charters towers once a week, i just put it back on for that. looks much better without it...

Clint
19th May 2005, 02:11 PM
The reception of my radio is bad enough, but the AM band is a SHOCKER!!! Will it be improved? Or will it get worse???

have u changed your head unit or is it still stock?

mrbenno
19th May 2005, 04:07 PM
Waxit service is exceptional, they have dispatched my antenna already and I will have it tomorrow, I will make a post regarding the quality of reception as soon as I install it.

Oz
13th June 2005, 06:23 PM
I have what is also known as a Bee sting aerial. Purchased it through ebay from a German company www.inovenda.com

Sorry can't recall the ebay details off the top of my head but if you go to the above inovenda site you can order them there. Free shipping is part of the deal. All up cost me A$21 & the aerial looks great on the Vectra CDXi. I received my black (metal) 2" (5cm) in 6 days from purchase. The reception most of the time is just as good as the original unit. It does fade out a little however in some areas.

low astra
13th June 2005, 07:29 PM
i just took my whip ariel off and put a 4 mm grub scew in the hole where it was, i dont use my radio 2 much so reception isnt a issue with me 2 much, but it is a lot weaker

BYRON SRI
14th June 2005, 12:41 AM
UK Company, but I have one of there anti-theft ariels and it looks superb.
You can adjust the length of it, so ive made mine really 'stubby'.

www.richbrook.co.uk

R3N
14th June 2005, 12:51 AM
UK Company, but I have one of there anti-theft ariels and it looks superb.
You can adjust the length of it, so ive made mine really 'stubby'.

www.richbrook.co.uk

How is it anti-theft? does it have a locking screw or something?

Clint
14th June 2005, 01:27 AM
just had a look at that site, it uses a key ring to remove the antenna, it says without the keyring its virtually impossible to remove it.

also on that site is some things people here have been looking for, gearknobs with the lift for reverse, and gear shaft and handbrake gaitors in many colours

Shaun
14th June 2005, 11:06 AM
can you get a "Bee Sting" anetenna like the ones on a Proton GTi Satria?

Anonymous
14th June 2005, 11:20 AM
reiger has these bullet ones

CAL.16V
14th June 2005, 01:35 PM
i have a brand new 3cm alluminium one for sale for $20 if someone wants it :P

mrbenno
15th June 2005, 01:21 PM
Got my antenna, the reception quality is as good as the factory antenna, which is still pretty shocking at times.

mrbenno
15th June 2005, 01:23 PM
this is the antenna I got for those who don't want to scroll back to the previous page

https://www.waxit.com.au/products.asp?cat=21