PDA

View Full Version : Vandalized AH

ecstasy
15th May 2005, 07:04 PM
Well guys as the title says my Astra got vandalized last nite by some low life son of a …. The scum or several of them tried to steal a sticker that I’ve got on the lower right hand side corner of my windshield. They scratch it all and they couldn’t take it. It seems they were aggravated by the fact that they couldn’t steal the sticker so now I’ve got 3 dent’s on my bonnet. Yes one of them is very deep and chipped the paint. I was really upset to wake up and see that happen to my car this morning, but now I’m a bit like I give a F@ck state. My question is why damage someone else’s property? I know I wouldn’t do it in a million years to anyone. So well now I hope Karma gets them back.

p.s: If anyone hears about someone bragging about damaging a black Astra AH please contact me. I’m offering a reward; since I want know who did it.

typetnt
15th May 2005, 07:12 PM
Very sad to hear Ecstasy. I hate idiots who do stuff like that and I have caught about 3 in my lifetime in the more... bad parts of Brisbane when I grew up there.

Hopefully insurance will cover such damage? Or was it on-street parking?

a_manda
15th May 2005, 07:14 PM
you must believe in karma ... something bad will come back and bite them on the a55 ...

sorry to hear anyway!

Namus
15th May 2005, 07:53 PM
which suburb do u live in mate?

sorry to hear....I didn't even know u drove an AH lol....thought u were still on ur bike..

I want a go at smaking them in the head too :evil: :evil: :evil:

BassyAstra
15th May 2005, 10:08 PM
Get an alarm ecs....
Must of been some expensive sticker?
Sorry to hear this to a fellow H owner :cry:

no1joey
15th May 2005, 10:24 PM
yeah get an alarm, one with a shock sensor, mongoose m60 is about $480 and should do the trick. do u own a garage or have a drive way ?

~Kupu~
16th May 2005, 10:26 AM
bummer Zeek :( i hope you get to find out who did it..... poor car :(

Red AH SRI T
16th May 2005, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear about this!

I too hope that Karma gets these dumbass dumb ****s :evil:

The O
16th May 2005, 10:51 AM
I agree with BassyAstra that must have been some sticker..
Sad to hear about the damage :(

woody
16th May 2005, 11:18 AM
Sh1ts me when people do things like this. I have a scratch on my rear offside 1/4 panel where someone keyed my car... why i hear you ask... good friggin question.. just turned up at my car and there it is.. clean through the clearcoate and base coat and back down to bare metal!! of course it's one of the worst places to scratch a car cos you can't blend it - have fix the ding then clearcoat the whole panel!! So in short 1 minor scratch = 450 bucks to fix.

Mindless vandalism.. wish i'd found out who had done it, i'd have given them a 450 dollar pounding!

ecstasy
16th May 2005, 05:34 PM
thanks guys for the comments. I wish i knew who he/she was. As for having an alarm well that could have done things worst honestly. Cause if the alarm goes off and i catch the f*ckwitt in the act, well.... i would be in jail and then deported cause they would cancel my visa because of the woop ass i would give to the d*ckhead. So yeah i guess is better to not see it happening, go figure. As for the sticker (some of u guys have seen it) is just a sorta funky film that changes colours according to the angle from where the light hits it, nothing really special relly. Now i'm just really thinking twice fitting the 19's and make the car more attention seeker for this w*nkers. But i guess we will never get rid off the scum that affects the gene pool.

BassyAstra
16th May 2005, 07:30 PM
I tend to wonder how people with completly hotted up cars function in every day driving society.

Red AH SRI T
17th May 2005, 08:37 AM
Thats the only thing holding me back from Opelizing my H.

Will it increase the chance of people wanting to vandalise my car?

BassyAstra
17th May 2005, 12:00 PM
Probably, my car has been key'd, scratched with a bike handle bar, scratched with a bike chain, people lent on my car wearing a metal belt and scratched it, its scratched everywhere. Some people!
Its garaged at home though.

Dee
17th May 2005, 12:52 PM
:( Zeek, sorry to hear.. glad you didnt catch them in the act, ur a nice bloke to have around.

hopefully it all gets fixed without any dramas

Namus
17th May 2005, 04:12 PM
hard to say whether hotted-up cars get more attention....probably say in comparison to a stock excel or lancer or something then yeah, they probably do, but then ppl have told me stories of how they've seen ppl key Jaguars and Merc's etc as well....

tis the life of a modifier i guess

low astra
17th May 2005, 04:23 PM
Zeek i remember the sticker, from the byron cruise. I kept thinking it was a cops lights in my review mirror, but you just cant trust people these days, i caught the scum who pinched the stereo out of my barina back in 1999, i got 4 stitches in my hand and he got off, where is the justice

thirteen
17th May 2005, 04:26 PM
yeah its not just hotted up cars.

jealousy is a curse. if someone is jealous of ur car for any reason, it may be a done up excel and they are jealous without saying that you have spent so much money on it they can damage it.

for example if you own any type of porsche, u will learn to expect vandalism on a regular basis.

off street parking is always necessary in my opinion.

Namus
17th May 2005, 04:28 PM
yeah but problems arise in shopping centres etc, when ppl can just walk by inconspicously and key it

BassyAstra
17th May 2005, 04:31 PM
Who would get satisfaction from such a thing. :screwy:

thirteen
17th May 2005, 06:34 PM
yeah but problems arise in shopping centres etc, when ppl can just walk by inconspicously and key it

try get a parking near the entry, dont park near dogdy cars and dont go to dodgy suburbs :)

i live in the hills, haha so i cant say ive encountered much damage to my car. the little damage i have encountered was on trips into the city :evil:

Namus
17th May 2005, 09:16 PM
yeah generally speaking I park a bit further away; the nearest park to the entrance isn't always the best....

obviously i don't want to be walking 20mins to get to the nearest entrance, but i find that parking near to the entrance can be a bad mistake for some reason...

in saying that; like i've said before; if u gonna get hit/dinged/smashed; it'll happen...

OPCVXR
19th June 2005, 07:10 PM
my car has been key'd, scratched with a bike handle bar, scratched with a bike chain, people lent on my car wearing a metal belt and scratched it, its scratched everywhere. Some people!

It's all just bad news. I cant imagine what I would do or how I would feel if something like dints in my bonnet and the above happened to me. It's bad enough letting the wife drive our H every day and wondering what damage she will cause! Touch wood! :|

BassyAstra
20th June 2005, 02:23 AM
Heheh, i guess theres nothing u can do really. :roll: