PDA

View Full Version : Defect Station Rant

thirteen
15th May 2005, 02:07 PM
Friday night after I left Concord i headed into the city and went down george street to see if any nice cars were out before dropping my friend home.. only to get signalled into a defect station the police had setup towards the rocks.

now firstly, i always assumed the police who were setup at defect stations had specific texts which they shud check to see if a car is legal.

the policeman asked if i had any modifications, i only told him about the wheels and the exhaust. but acted nicely the entire time.

anyway, one of the other cops was having trouble opening my bonnet, i stepped out (although i was meant to stay inside) coz i didnt want him to screw anything up and he asked me to show him the latch but i just opened it for him anyway, a female cop then came over and they were just sorta staring into the engine bay.. with sorta blank looks.

the cop that had pulled me over seemed okay, and i think thought i was okay so didnt bother checking my exhaust levels.

the conversation then went:

Policeman: "what car is it?"
me: "a vectra."
Policeman: "nice car, any blow off valves?"
me: "er.. no its not a turbo?"
Policeman: "we dont know man, we are just doing our job"

isnt it their job to know so they CAN defect actual defects :?: :!:

low astra
15th May 2005, 02:31 PM
cops are smart dude, i like it when the pull the " how do you get your spare wheel out when you have a flat?"

Nem
15th May 2005, 02:37 PM
If they dont know what a BOV is for then how are they able to ascretain that its legal (http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/resources/vehicle_noise.pdf) or not? No wonder there's so much "interpretation" of these laws. :roll:

RK
15th May 2005, 04:45 PM
Hehehe. thats funny stuff :lol:

R3N
15th May 2005, 05:15 PM
Policeman: "nice car, any blow off valves?"

yes actually, 4, wait 5 including the spare :screwy:

thirteen
15th May 2005, 05:39 PM
i should have sed yes i have a blow off.

and he would go "can u show me where it is?"

sri guy
15th May 2005, 06:32 PM
thats funny man. these stooges are looking after the safety of nsw citizens how safe do you feel now people :?:

Namus
15th May 2005, 08:03 PM
hard to tell whether they were faking it or not...they can't be that stupid...surely

is that a FMIC?

err...no, that's my radiator... :bang:

thirteen
15th May 2005, 08:29 PM
he seemed pretty serious to me.

Alfonzo
15th May 2005, 11:31 PM
That's freaky. Recently I had a dream about getting defected for a BOV in my Vectra, and nothing I said could make the officer actually realise that an N/A engine couldn't have one.