PDA

View Full Version : What do you use

nuttall
10th May 2005, 05:24 PM
Just wanted to know what difference does the sport button make and does anyone use it?? because i never think to press it :?

GOZOFF
10th May 2005, 05:37 PM
Just wanted to know what difference does the sport button make and does anyone use it?? because i never think to press it :?

Sports mode lets each gear rev all the way out compared to when its in ecconmy mode where the transmission changes quickly to save on fuel
but othing beats having a manual 8)

nuttall
10th May 2005, 05:38 PM
:cry: but i don't have a manual :(

Bernard Siong
10th May 2005, 05:39 PM
i hardly ever press that button
i cant remember the last time i did

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 07:51 PM
i do hehe i use it a fair bit

Clint
10th May 2005, 11:45 PM
yea it revs out and holds gears longer, so it never goes into 4th gear.... unless u would go to very high speeds. i use it when going down hills and stuff, i press it then the car goes into 3rd gear and i get a bit of engine braking

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 07:56 AM
yes i have used 4th gear in sport mode :roll: but i am disinclined to say where and when :P

break
11th May 2005, 09:26 AM
....you seriously paid for a 4 cylinder car WITHOUT a manual transmission.... :screwy:

freaktown
11th May 2005, 09:26 AM
Ask No.1 Joey he used it to keep up with an STi http://www.fordlaser.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_ph34r.gifhttp://www.fordlaser.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_ph34r.gifhttp://www.fordlaser.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_ph34r.gif

Just playen Joey :)

oneightoo
11th May 2005, 09:48 AM
....you seriously paid for a 4 cylinder car WITHOUT a manual transmission.... :screwy:

some people dont like manuals and prefer auto's.. i dont like them, but somethimes driving in the city i would kill for one..

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 09:54 AM
i wish i had a manual but you gotta work with what you have been given i was forutnate enough to have a car given to me but i still wish it was a manual :( ah well

nuttall
11th May 2005, 09:59 AM
me to OPEL, the car was given to me by my grandparents when they upgraded, to the mazda 6. Thats why it is an auto

~Kupu~
11th May 2005, 10:11 AM
hmmm...... at the time of purchasing my car i couldnt drive manual so i paid for my 1.4, 4 cylinder car in auto..... :roll: good thing i now have a 1.8, 4 cylinder manual SRI to drive around in as well

thirteen
11th May 2005, 03:15 PM
sports mode revs harder and quicker.. its useful for overtaking.

thats about it.

other than that its a gimmick. wish i had a manual :(

Namus
11th May 2005, 04:35 PM

driving through a one hour traffic jam, i was certainly happy to be driving an auto; granted only a small percentage of ur drving time is spent in jams...

some ppl would argue why we bought astras and barinas etc....each to their own mate..

oh; plus i have a permanent medical condition which prevents me from drving manuel

Clint
11th May 2005, 07:40 PM
same for me i was given the auto vectra by my parents. but i so wish it was manual

well i had the choice of keeping my manual daewoo cielo or my parents auto vectra...

sri guy
12th May 2005, 08:50 AM
manuals all the way 4 me.

break
12th May 2005, 08:51 AM
I mean.... i've owned two manual cars and one auto... the auto had almost twice the power to the other cars.... but it wasn't even half as entertaining to drive.

I completely understand if the car was given to you (I haven't paid for any cars yet... thanks mum & dad :oops: ), but the argument of buying auto because its better in traffic is a poor excuse IMO.

Anonymous
12th May 2005, 12:01 PM
i agree :P it makes it more fun hehehe grind that clutch to the bone baby!!!!! :lol: :lol:

OPC
12th May 2005, 03:04 PM
(I haven't paid for any cars yet... thanks mum & dad :oops: ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

freaktown
12th May 2005, 03:13 PM
I sold my body for my cars..

Thats why i could only afford an opel :) hahaha

Namus
12th May 2005, 04:56 PM
I mean.... i've owned two manual cars and one auto... the auto had almost twice the power to the other cars.... but it wasn't even half as entertaining to drive.

I completely understand if the car was given to you (I haven't paid for any cars yet... thanks mum & dad :oops: ), but the argument of buying auto because its better in traffic is a poor excuse IMO.

Trevor u really don't read posts very well do u mate?

The car was given to me. READ no choice. the benefit of having an auto in traffic was just an upside, NOT a reason for buying;

also; my point (AGAIN) I have a permanent medical condition which prevents me from driving manual (legally) anyway....

READ the posts first b4 u reply :roll: :roll: :roll:

nuttall
13th May 2005, 05:43 PM
i finally tested out this button today, i live on a hill with the road going up having a 100km/h speed limit and hardly no other cars on the road (thats the best thing about tassie, no one else on the back roads). without the button on the car changed gears at about 4500, so i went back down and did it again this time with sports mode on and it chaged at redline.