PDA

View Full Version : Opel badge problems?

thirteen
9th May 2005, 11:10 AM
Hey, a friend bought me an opel badge. the guy she bought it off told her it was for a 99 vectra so she got it.

its the same size as my holden badge but the pins are in completely different places!

my holden badge has a pin on the left and a middle pin which is also off center to the left.

the opel badge has a pin at the top (which i broke off :oops: ) and the main lug is dead in the center. so when u put it on its sorta not in the middle of the boot like the holden one was and doesnt cover one of the pin holes.

i was just wondering, is tehre a difference between series 1 and series 2 vectra badges or are the holes not meant to match up!?

it is a genuine gm part purchased from a opel dealer.

Anonymous
9th May 2005, 11:16 AM
havnt got ur badge upside down?

thirteen
9th May 2005, 11:20 AM
its not that, the holes are completely different as in the opel badge pins are vertical and holden horizontal.

InsaneAsylum
9th May 2005, 11:35 AM
when i got my opel badge it had the large pin in the centre and a pin on the side whereas the holden badge had a pin at the bottom.

it was nothing that a pair of nail clippers couldn't fix, clip the pins and a trained eye and steady hand will get you out of trouble

Anonymous
9th May 2005, 12:00 PM
mine fit perfectly, should bought off slim jim :P i mean slimcragie

Greg K
9th May 2005, 12:03 PM
mine were fine!

thirteen
9th May 2005, 12:13 PM
im just wondering whether series 1 vectra had different holes punched in them. mines a series 2.

Alfonzo
9th May 2005, 01:00 PM
My series 2 had the incorrect hole line up too. I just trimmed the outside one off and used the middle one as a reference.

It looks fine.

thirteen
9th May 2005, 01:05 PM
but the opel badge middle is right in the middle.

the holden badge middle lug is kinda off the the left :?:

stupid badges :evil:

Anonymous
9th May 2005, 01:10 PM
just cut all the pins off and use the holden badge as a guide (put the holden one in the holes then line up the opel badge in the same spot), problem solved :P pins are really just to save time lineing up the badges cause they do mass production

thirteen
9th May 2005, 02:07 PM
im not sure the opel badge covers both holes, although im yet to try properly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/rubenahmed/cars/badgeholes.jpg

this is how my holes have been punched.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/rubenahmed/cars/badgepins.jpg

this is a dodgy pic of the pins on the holden badge. but on the opel badge the middle pin is right in the middle, the holden one is kinda veered off centre as shown.

Namus
9th May 2005, 04:15 PM
think u have a dodge badge; look at the hole in relation to the lock as well; slightly off centre

thirteen
9th May 2005, 04:33 PM
hrm never really noticed that, haha. although the picture may give the illusion of it being off centre if i swayed a bit too the left when taking the photo.

grr.. holden annoys me.

Namus
9th May 2005, 04:49 PM
take a ticket; join the line

Anonymous
9th May 2005, 05:40 PM
dont blame holden its the dodey person who sold you the badge that you should be annoyed at :P

Bernard Siong
9th May 2005, 06:09 PM
put it sideways

Namus
9th May 2005, 07:46 PM
yeah but holden is such an easy target :P

thirteen
9th May 2005, 08:26 PM
meh, i got it on in the end. looks cooool :)

Namus
9th May 2005, 08:55 PM
nice; any pics?

Greg K
9th May 2005, 09:01 PM
yeah the holes on my car were at the centre and the locating pin was to the right

the opel badge shoud cover the holes matey!

NUTTTR
9th May 2005, 10:10 PM
it looks like the bootlid has been repainted and the holes re-done...... looking at that!! looks proper dodgy to me (the bootlid)....... are you sure there's no putty over holes that SHOULD be there?

thirteen
10th May 2005, 01:00 PM
nah no putty signs. just some dodgy holes :evil:

Namus
10th May 2005, 03:22 PM
might just be the badges have been on a while...like mine

Alfonzo
10th May 2005, 05:21 PM
im not sure the opel badge covers both holes, although im yet to try properly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/rubenahmed/cars/badgeholes.jpg

this is how my holes have been punched.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/rubenahmed/cars/badgepins.jpg

this is a dodgy pic of the pins on the holden badge. but on the opel badge the middle pin is right in the middle, the holden one is kinda veered off centre as shown.
(second picture quoted for a reason). I shall repeat myself :P With the Opel flash facing the same way this badge is, trim the outside plug off. it WILL fit properly using the middle plug, trust me. My boot holes are exactly the same, and as proof the badge will cover the second hole, see my picture below. It may look the slightest bit off centre, but if you extend the vertical lines from the boot release at the bottom up through the badge, it looks pretty much equal on both sides (If you follow what I mean)

thirteen
11th May 2005, 03:18 PM
its cool bud.

i got it on. thanks anyway. haha.

i already had 2 blokes today i could see in my rear mirror staring at my car wondering what the hell it was and why it had a weird badge on it.

Namus
11th May 2005, 04:37 PM
similarly u could just stick the plug in (the one u got to get rid of) and just bend it so it snaps off