PDA

View Full Version : BOOOOOOOOOODY KITS :D

Anonymous
7th May 2005, 05:18 PM
looking at getting a body kit what you all think???

i know its a bad photoshop but you all get the idea...

HDTDude
7th May 2005, 05:21 PM
looks nice
if u do that u might want to get some new wheels :D

Wattie
7th May 2005, 05:25 PM
nice! but yes please get wheels!!

Anonymous
7th May 2005, 05:27 PM
its all in the making but i need the bodykit first

GOZOFF
7th May 2005, 06:40 PM
Alex..... WHEELS 1ST

Wraith
7th May 2005, 06:51 PM
Alex, definitely wheels and suspension first

Is that the C355 GT Reiger front bar - looks good

And what ever happened to the spoiler you wanted me to pick-up :roll:

Anonymous
7th May 2005, 07:31 PM
yea you should have an email man i will send you the info later again hehe

i cant get wheels or lowering first cause i need to see how the kit sits on the road, what if i were to drop it 2 inches then realise with the kit on it is too low?

gaero
7th May 2005, 08:11 PM
i cant get wheels or lowering first cause i need to see how the kit sits on the road, what if i were to drop it 2 inches then realise with the kit on it is too low?

alex we are saying new WHEELS, they keep the car at the same height, lowering involves changing the springs. cause whats the point of having a nice kit when the rims spoil the look and ... if you put on the kit first will you have enough $$$ straight away for wheels?

wheels -> kit -> lower
you cant go wrong 8)

Anonymous
7th May 2005, 10:18 PM
usually i would agree with you but it is hard to find this kit at this price it might not be here at this price for very long :P sorry guys i have to go kit -> wheels -> lower

JR
7th May 2005, 10:24 PM
dude....i got the same kit - full rieger front bumper/rieger skirts/rieger rear bar.....love it. and yes....get ur wheels first....if possible, go with 18s (wish i did) if ur going wih the rieger kit. i got 17s, and now i can't lower the car cause the kit already hangs quite close 2 the ground - about 150mm. so now if i choose 2 drop it.....it will cause major headaches - i've already scrapped it a few times!! so basically - rieger kit = with 18s....or bigger :D

Anonymous
7th May 2005, 10:36 PM
omg i love you, see!!! this is why i was going to get the kit first, now i know i need 18's becuase 17's wont sit inside the wheel archers yay cheers man 150mm drop hey? do you get many people in your car? just curious cause i always have a shit load and i am wondering if i should only go 100mm

macca
7th May 2005, 11:21 PM
i prefur rieger but its nice say ill have to show my barina off soon

JR
7th May 2005, 11:23 PM
wat i meant was that the car sits 150mm off the ground. in order for me to clear the gap in my wheel arches, i'll have to do at least a 50/30 drop. if i did that...i might has well forget bout using my car on a daily basis!!
yes - i do regularly carry passengers in da back - makes the back look lowered. wish i could 2 something about da front.
i've attached some pics of how my car looks with the rieger kit + 17s - not lowered. i've got 215/40/17. they look tiny in there!!! apologies for the quality of da pics.

Anonymous
8th May 2005, 09:03 AM
hmmm you know 17's dont look that bad :P you need to turn up your ISO speed on your camera bro :lol:

i prefur rieger but its nice say ill have to show my barina off soon

macca this is a rieger kit we are talking about lol :P

ah well i will get the kit first and then see how different wheels fit

macca
8th May 2005, 10:49 AM
hahah o shizen my bad im think or imersher or summut then, will look good with as they say wheels shave the rear door handles and drop it :wink:

Anonymous
8th May 2005, 10:58 AM
hahahaha shave the rear door handles :P how much you think that would cost? :D

Namus
8th May 2005, 03:23 PM
goin the kit b4 the lowering makes sense; i.e. don't want the front to scrape etc.

if u can deal with running around with stock wheels, ok go for it....but like u said mate, if ur getting a really good deal from a decent source NOW, then u better take it...

macca
8th May 2005, 05:03 PM
well all if u can set up the soleniods and remove the handles to save them time should be to much ud have to get a quote tho mate, would look sexy tho

Anonymous
8th May 2005, 08:57 PM
aye thats the ultimate euro look :P i am seriously gonna look into this where is apace in sydney i could get a quote :?

Mitch
8th May 2005, 09:18 PM
aye thats the ultimate euro look :P i am seriously gonna look into this where is apace in sydney i could get a quote :?

Smash Repairs - Yellow Pages

Pretty easy isn't it... :roll:

Anonymous
8th May 2005, 09:21 PM
yea but i thought there might be a special place to go? hehe i dunno my dads mate is a pannel beater so i guess i will speak to him about it hehe

mr_astra_retired
8th May 2005, 09:23 PM
Alex..... WHEELS 1ST

Alex , listen to the man

Anonymous
8th May 2005, 09:26 PM
i cant guys :P i just cant

macca
8th May 2005, 09:36 PM
ne good panel shop can weld metal onto metal mebbe ure old man can sort u out?

Clint
8th May 2005, 09:46 PM
from what ive seen in Mr Cali's posts id recommend the place he went to..

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=2277&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Miss_Astra
8th May 2005, 10:00 PM
hey JR,
your car looks like my car!!
where are u from ???

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 10:30 AM
well i have done abit more work on the photoshop :P added some wheels and i will lower it later :P but this is what i HOPEfor the car to look like hehe

macca
10th May 2005, 05:16 PM
nicccccccceeeeeeeeeeee i recon that kit would look propper pukka with m3 style skirts and i nice rear bumper and some nice m3 mirrors and smooooooth rear doooooorsssss

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 07:37 PM
hehe i dont like the m3 mirrors personally and i have a nice ass thank you very much :P as for the doors, IF i get it done it will be last on my list

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 07:47 PM
get a plastic body kit and never get a fibreglass one cos it wont line up to original body lines

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 07:48 PM
alex, I reccomend that you bu some heavily dished rims from TCCA or similar.

YES, you can get this kit cheap, but cheap kit = cheap look.

Seriously, you won't buy a boss amp, so why would you buy a tacky noname replica for a kit?

I say bide your time, do it properly and have no regrets. If it takes you a long time, so be it, if you see yourself changing cars in the future, then it's not for you.

At the end of the day, IMO, if you don't have money to do it properly, don't do it at all.

You're at the stage that I was at 3 months ago, its time to grit your teet, make the step, do it properly, or don't do it at all.

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 07:53 PM
yes alex dont rush into it! and remember good things come to those who wait and listern to don he is 100% right

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 07:57 PM
but the back is already fibreglass... i wouldnt look right if the rest was ABS,

and i am sure as hell not getting the back redone so i have to go fibreglass all the way :|

CAL.16V
10th May 2005, 09:17 PM
1200 for a plastic bar or 400 for a fibreglass bar??? is there a choice???
280 or watever for the rear or 7-800 for a plastic rear?? once again???

are you happy with the rear??

2 people have bought side skirts off me, the 2 types i offer and they are happy and 2 people have bought the front extensions and are happy

if you have 2500 for a kit then go for plastic :screwy:

you get the stuff fitted and sprayed for free plus have more money in your pocket...

CAL.16V
10th May 2005, 09:21 PM
spend the money on the painting and fitting...

even mr calis show car has a fibreglass kit!

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 09:35 PM
thanks cal1 thats my point, the price comparrison is unbleieveable :P all up i am paying maybe $1500 for the whole kit, if i can save a grand i will, and spend it on ym sound system :P

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 10:18 PM
1200 for a plastic bar or 400 for a fibreglass bar??? is there a choice???
280 or watever for the rear or 7-800 for a plastic rear?? once again???

are you happy with the rear??

2 people have bought side skirts off me, the 2 types i offer and they are happy and 2 people have bought the front extensions and are happy

if you have 2500 for a kit then go for plastic :screwy:

you get the stuff fitted and sprayed for free plus have more money in your pocket...

cal16v, it is because of people with attitudes like yours that the car modifiying world is going down the drain.

FIBERGLASS will never compare to ABS PLASTIC, so maybe you should write down next to those lovely figures how FIBERGLASS SHATTERS, CRACKS, AND DOES NOT HAVE THE DURABILITY OF A GOOD QUALITY ABS PLASTIC.

I don't know how many times I can stress it, fiberglass, and especially, fiberglass copies will not have the same fit, durability, or look as the true component.

This is why there is a price difference between the kits.

Furthermore, your argument is like comparing a boss amp, to say, a zapco or ARC audio amp. :lol:

Yeah, there is a price difference.... I wonder why...

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 10:22 PM
thanks cal1 thats my point, the price comparrison is unbleieveable :P all up i am paying maybe $1500 for the whole kit, if i can save a grand i will, and spend it on ym sound system :P

Alex, seriously, do everything properly, no regrets.

If it requires saving for the true Rieger kit, so be it.... but it just won't have the same feeling when your listening to your competition quality sound system in a possible sub-quality kitted car.

All I can say is, it feels better when you know the components on your car are good. Don't trash oe equipment, for equipment that may be worse.

Anonymous
10th May 2005, 10:24 PM
spend the money on the painting and fitting...

even mr calis show car has a fibreglass kit!

If I go back through his posts, ty wasn't every happy with some components either, having to totally customise and make them himself.

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 07:54 AM
don, i'm not saying i dont agree with you cause i totally do, but i just cant afford it, there is a difference from paying for a quality system compared to paying for a quality bodykit, i chose one and i cant afford to do both :P

i am not trashing oem i mean you cant beat genuine parts, i just wish i could afford them... :roll:

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 08:50 AM
don, i'm not saying i dont agree with you cause i totally do, but i just cant afford it, there is a difference from paying for a quality system compared to paying for a quality bodykit, i chose one and i cant afford to do both :P

i am not trashing oem i mean you cant beat genuine parts, i just wish i could afford them... :roll:

save brother...

theres nothing better when it comes to sale time either...

imagine... holden astra 1.8l

full imported rieger bodykit
full imported european deep dish rims
show quality sound system

and doesn't it make you feel all warm and queezy inside thinking about how overall top notch and authentic the finished product will be?

I say, the extra 3-4 months of penny [pinching would be well worth every cent. 8)

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 08:55 AM
i dont think i would have the heart to ever sell my car :P

because it will be something liek this

Euro styling body kit
18" Chrome rims
fully refurbished Grey leather interior

i really dont wanna pay the extra $300 to pull that rear skirt off etiher don, it will mean i have to get it ripped off then get the whole rear bar resprayed and fixed up :bang: i think its too far gone to save it so it will have to be fibreglass all the way lol
if i hadnt already done the rear skirt i would probably save up and get it done but i just got too much on my plate atm to stuff around with it all :roll:

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 10:22 AM
well, if you're not selling your car, then just buy the rieger kit meng head, ditch the rear add on lip, and buy a whole rear bar.

once you're lower, that rear lip will last a conservative 3 weeks. and i'll put a $20 bet down on that.

Eve seen those honduh's and the such, rolling around with cracked kits???

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 10:30 AM
nah i take car of my car :P you will see my friend

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 10:32 AM
well, dont tell me I didn't warn you :P

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 12:06 PM
well, dont tell me I didn't warn you :P

you have warned don but he isnt going to listern

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 12:28 PM
i listened tony but i just dont have the money or the patience if i spend time saving and all that then i will end up with a car that isnt lowered, has stock wheels and has tinny sound coming form the stock speakers with a nice genuine riger kit lol

i would prefer phat bass belly rubbing pimped out kit that will look the same and sound like a war has begun :P

CAL.16V
11th May 2005, 01:28 PM
cal16v, it is because of people with attitudes like yours that the car modifiying world is going down the drain.

FIBERGLASS will never compare to ABS PLASTIC, so maybe you should write down next to those lovely figures how FIBERGLASS SHATTERS, CRACKS, AND DOES NOT HAVE THE DURABILITY OF A GOOD QUALITY ABS PLASTIC.

I don't know how many times I can stress it, fiberglass, and especially, fiberglass copies will not have the same fit, durability, or look as the true component.

This is why there is a price difference between the kits.

yes its because of people like me that members on here and other forums are happy to buy cheap alternatives to quality genuine parts whuch they would not have otherwise had...

you get what you pay for...if you dont have $2500 for a full kit but have $1000, then why not get the kit??

buying all the competition stuff like you say....i agree with the stereo gear....i like qualoity stereo....it is like comparing boss to pg for example but some boss stuff is good for people on a budget and if they are happy, let them be..

fibreglass is not always a perfect fit and someimes has to be modified to fit depending on quality...

you hit something hard it will crack... depending on the thickness of the fibreglass....you bottom out harrd it will crack...it is eaily fixed, unlike abs plastic..

abs plastic absorbs hits of around 5km/h but when it cracks, its pretty much stuffed unless you wanna "bog" it up.....

they do not have a fit like oe stuff, that i know and if they were the same price as fibreglass or say 1-200 more for a bar then thats what i would go for but they are not...

people with not a lot of money can either get a fibreglass kit or they can get nothing.....

same with wheels... you can buy work or gelstads for say 3-4000 for 18's or you can buy copies for 1500... you want to spend the money for quality then its up to you...

alex has bought a rear extension which is a fibreglass copy and obviously is happy if he wants the rest of the kit so let the man decide for himself

JR
11th May 2005, 10:13 PM
save brother...

theres nothing better when it comes to sale time either...

imagine... holden astra 1.8l

full imported rieger bodykit
full imported european deep dish rims

and doesn't it make you feel all warm and queezy inside thinking about how overall top notch and authentic the finished product will be?

I say, the extra 3-4 months of penny [pinching would be well worth every cent. 8)

bingo. couldn't agree more.....nothing better than knowing ur with the original fully imported rieger body kit.

sure it probably costs an extra grand or so, but if dats wat u want - go for it. i did it cause i plan on having my astra for a long long time - and if i'm gonna modify the car, i'm gonna do it complete and properly. better now than spending the money u saved by fixing the kit up later on.

then again....money doesn't hang of trees - so work around ur budget.

Anonymous
11th May 2005, 10:39 PM
its really good to see that some people on these forums put common sense before impulse purchases.

thanks JR and Tony, at least some people respect and agree with my thoughts on the matter.

R3N
12th May 2005, 12:41 AM
autumn acid wrote:
well, dont tell me I didn't warn you

you have warned don but he isnt going to listern

It doesn't matter if he listens or not, its his car... he should be able to mod it the way he wants and not have to justify what he does or how he does it. If he's happy with what he's doing then its all good, a little advice doesn't hurt, but in the end its still advice, its up to him to decide if he wants to take it or not.

Just because he has a fibreglass kit instead of an abs one, i dont think we'll look at him any different than the way we would if he had got a plastic one.

I know that fibreglass kits crack upon impact, but small hits are easily repairable. I had a custom fibreglass moulded bodykit on my accord, it got hit hard once and that ripped the whole front bumper off, but it was repaired.
On the other hand, abs kits can flex up to a certain degree, but like CAL.16V said once its cracked, its buggered.

Not trying to start a fight, just wanted to state my opinion. In the end, it all comes down to Alex. Don't put him off doing what he wants to. Anyway good luck with all that. Let me know if ya still want the goodies :lol:

Anonymous
12th May 2005, 08:14 AM
yea man like i said i get paid friday so we will talk then ;)