PDA

View Full Version : remote boot release

macca
8th March 2004, 11:51 AM
yo peps im trying to source a part from my barina basically i know in the UK yuo can get remote boot release wich has a button linked up to the center console so u can pop ure boot, but i just spoke to holden who say i need to get new c/l motors ?? i dunt see how i need those to operate the boot? can ne one shed some light on the matter? tar

Rhino
8th March 2004, 06:23 PM
AFAIK a central locking solenoid hooked up to your boot would release the locking mechanism...

Surely this WOULD fix your problem...

macca
8th March 2004, 07:04 PM
so u cant just get a boot release?

Rhino
9th March 2004, 11:22 AM
Macca, from what I understand to release your boot, it can be done two ways.

By wire:
This would require you actually pulling something out of your dash similar to an old-style choke or fuel flap release - which would have about a 1" travel and require a cable to run the entire length of your car to the boot lock to open it. A kinda dorky option for a nice car.

By button:
The button would trigger the solenoid to mechanically release the boot lock.

macca
9th March 2004, 12:06 PM
yer the second one is defo the best, the 2nd option is the one im after but i was after it in a kit rather than having to my a motor and do it my self cos i dunno how, cheers

tom

Anonymous
9th March 2004, 12:09 PM
There is Aftermarket Electric Boot Release Kits available, Super Cheap, Auto Barn and just about Every Spare Parts Place have them.
And they are Pretty easy to install, Take a few Hours.

macca
9th March 2004, 08:01 PM
sexy ill go check em out cheers buddy!