PDA

View Full Version : JAM*353 finnaly back together!

freaktown
3rd May 2005, 04:00 PM
Well, after close to 4 weeks, roughly $1000 in labour hours, new diff gears, new clutch and a machined flywheel..

JAM*353 can actually move again!

total time off road=4 weeks
total cost=$3500
Cigarettes consumed=cant count that high
cycle of anger, sadness and hatred at car=Still going
SSS beaten on the way home from mechanic=1
lessons learned= 0

Its a viscous cycle. But thanks for the support and love given to me, id like to thank Jesus, my body (which i sold to pay the bill) and Opel Car designers, without who, there would have been no Fun experiance!

:)

Thankyou, and i now have some driving to catch up on!

James. 8)

Oh and i got off my P's today too! So yea, if i crash tonight i wont be contributing to the P plater death toll! :)

Oh and i forgot to mention the Mechanic decided to do some modifications to my car for me for free!

He did some weight reduction therapy, but smacking my drivers side mirror into a wall and making a huge scratch in it, all the way down to the paint.
|
And then tried to give my wheels a new look by guttering the two right hand side wheels!

thirteen
3rd May 2005, 04:03 PM
congratulations dude..

oneightoo
3rd May 2005, 04:53 PM
since i'm a part of the lane cove massive.. word.. help a brother out by pointing me in the direction of a close by shop that'll teach performance 101 to my car..

freaktown
3rd May 2005, 05:15 PM
What do u want done? and/or :) what have you done?

W3rd! No i can do happy laps around longy road!

oneightoo
3rd May 2005, 05:35 PM
done
-de-restricted airbox
-the occasional wash
basically nothing

want to do
-anything thats gonna make it a bit quicker that doesnt involve trading in for the turbo

only decided in the last few months since joining this site that i will go for some mods..

i do happy laps round longy when i'm bored..

coincidence??

freaktown
3rd May 2005, 05:54 PM
Perhaps! :)

Umm well, i have done a cat back 2.5inch exhaust, K&N panel filter , de-restricted airbox and thats it.

If i was going to spend more money on it without going forced my next steps would be:

*Extractors
*Extractors to Cat Exhaust, same diameter.
*Polish the Head
*Aftermarket ECU- a complete new computer. Mabey microtech!

By far the greatest mod you can do to an N/A car is changing the computer. Its been tried and tested!

You can try and source some New Cams and the like but its alot of work!

I cant see from ur sig what car u have?

From the mods ive done (Ive got the 2.0litre Vectra)

I can beat Nissan N14 SSS and N15 with exhausts.

I dont know about your car but the weakest point of my car is Traction, there just isnt any, despite Nice sticky tyres. Unless you can get a 1.5way or even 2 if thats all there was LSD, i have serious issues with going for more power!

Dunno if ur astra is the same!

ultim8DTM5
3rd May 2005, 06:39 PM
Great mechanic.

Law of bailment says he has to pay to make the car as it was before.

oneightoo
3rd May 2005, 07:29 PM
my car is the astra sri..

as is, with the right launch it keeps up with most cars, beats easily 87 mitsubishi magnas.. i have kept up with a wrx to about 80k, then he flogged me.. i've beaten sss's.. but also been beaten by some.. i once got beaten by what looked about a older laser, not a tx3.. i asked what he had under his hood but he wouldnt tell me, it wasnt any performance ive seen outta laser's.. he had a smirk on his face..

i'm keen to get a full exhaust, but might just have to settle for a catback with the current $$..

freaktown
3rd May 2005, 07:34 PM
Depends how much you want to spend.

I say let it be what it is and be happy with it.

Throw on a Cat back exhaust, get your self a K$N Panel Filter.

That set me back about $400. Sounds nice, a little extra poke!

Just to tide me off until i get my project car! :)

oneightoo
3rd May 2005, 07:35 PM
cool..

whats your project car to be?

freaktown
3rd May 2005, 07:53 PM
You know how you sit down for ages and youll settle on somthing, then find something else that takes your interest. And so it goes on and on and on!

Well mabey not, but thats me!

Ive pretty much decided on a Series 5 FC RX7 Convertible.

Reasons, largely due to I wanted some decent performance, a 2 door it had to be Turbo and under $15,000 to buy not including mods.

Now, im a little worried about traction after i reach my Power goal of 230Kw ATW. But with a good LSD and the fact that its a drop top. Im not worried! :)

This wont be untill next year though. Still in the works, but it leaves me happy with what ive got now! :mrgreen:

oneightoo
3rd May 2005, 07:56 PM
thats a nice project car.. mine has always been an old mini cooper s, ever since i was 12 and my uncle raced it around bathurst before the big race with me and my cousin in the back, it's been my dream.. now at 6'5" thats not really going to be a reality.. but i still want one.. i can get a cooper s off my uncle, and he has the parts and anything i'd ever need to rebuild it.. cash needed would be nearly nothing..

freaktown
3rd May 2005, 08:02 PM
Thats what its about i reckon. Picking something you want, stripping it down, and then making it exactly what you want!

With a sensible car on the side :) Ill probably end up selling the Vectra for a Barina or other small car for city driving! Easy to park, easy on fuel, as opposed to the Rotary :)

The Mini would be Awsome, theres a guy on Hot4s forum with a Turbocharged Mini, (Oldschool) he's spent some serious time on design and building it. Goes like ...... :) well you know! :mrgreen:

InsaneAsylum
3rd May 2005, 08:07 PM
carton of cigarettes $60
total cost of repairs $3500
SSS beaten on the way home from mechanic .... priceless

good work and congrats on getting your car back.

hope the mochanic is paying for the damage. do they have an apprentice?

i know of someone who drove their mkiv supra in to get a system put and and got a phone call saying his car didn't exist anymore, they decided to do a road test and it failed
:evil:

freaktown
3rd May 2005, 08:23 PM
Yea, its like that story of the guy who took his s15 into nissan for a service, was a nice yellow one over 200Katw

The 1st year apprentice decided to take it to get lunch, wrapped it around a poll.

My car was at 3 differant places from the start to finish, as i was working my parents did the transporting, and they didnt take any notice oy the mirror or wheels, so as they accepted responsibility of it and didnt notice it, theres no way i can prove it now!

So im stuck with it now for good!

thirteen
4th May 2005, 08:34 AM
how bad is it? pics?

freaktown
4th May 2005, 09:16 AM
when i get a chance ill take some hapypy snaps!

Dude is darren at uni today?

Cant seem to reach him altho he may be sleeping! :P

Anonymous
4th May 2005, 09:35 AM
wots a project car :screwy:

freaktown
4th May 2005, 09:40 AM
ARE YOU FOR REAL?

http://www.celebritywonder.com/mp/2001_Not_Another_Teen_Movie/2001_not_another_teen_movie_003.jpg

Mr T
4th May 2005, 09:44 AM
wots a project car :screwy:

It's when you design and build a car for your Design and Technology class at school.

But seeing as though you didn't go to school, you wouldn't know. :roll:

thirteen
4th May 2005, 10:45 AM
when i get a chance ill take some hapypy snaps!

Dude is darren at uni today?

Cant seem to reach him altho he may be sleeping! :P

nah i dont think hes at uni today. hes got a essay or something big due on friday he told me, we have an exam on thursday and we have another report due too.

so he might just be doing some work. :shock: haha

and ive been meaning to ask u.

do ur plates say or represent something? JAM-353?

freaktown
4th May 2005, 11:06 AM
Yea he told me on monday he pulled an all nighter. Crazy kid! :)

My name is James.

And my girlfriend or ex girlfriend now a while back used to call me Jamsie.

Bit off key i know, but i wanted my numberplate to say my name, so i Got JAM*35 as my name, but i needed another letter so JAM*353 was the obvious choice.

Altho its a little confusing, everyone at work calls me Jamies as in Pyjama's :)

thats my little story!

thirteen
4th May 2005, 11:39 AM
thats an awesome story. well done :)

its 130 a year for some custom purple plates if u get 2 letters, 2 numbers, 2 letters.. im thinking of just getting them.

freaktown
4th May 2005, 11:58 AM
i was lucky, got mine done before so no annual fee. Plus i was never big on the colors, well i like them but dont want to pay the annual fee!

Besides i have been told that if you got plates before the new rules, then now trade them in for colored ones with an anual fee, if you decide to go back to white again (or yellow) you still have to pay the annual fee.

Forever......:)

thirteen
4th May 2005, 04:03 PM
that sucks

by the way i just got back from uni and spotted darrens car there as i was leaving. same parking lot as me but parked on teh grass.. so i guess he does have uni today :P

freaktown
4th May 2005, 04:05 PM
Figures. lol it can take us weeks to catch each others calls, hell call me and ill miss it, and vice versa.

Ah well, hes got alot on his plate at the moment!

Ill just call him like 3am tomorrow morning! He'll be up!