PDA

View Full Version : Wierd noise from Dashboard !!

indigo28
2nd May 2005, 11:39 AM
Hi,
I own this Astra Classic 1.8 that I bought in Dec 2004 as new. Recently I have started getting this noise in the dashboard as if there is a loose nut or something doing breakdance. Its somewhere b/w the radio and the middle vents. Just wondering if this has happened with anyone and what do you recommend apart from playing the radio really loud !!

Cheers.

oneightoo
2nd May 2005, 11:58 AM
nope never happened to me, i've owned 2 astra's, my brother has owned 3, my parents two vectras, never heard of that before, take it to the dealer, it'd still be under warranty..

Namus
2nd May 2005, 11:59 AM
warranty mate...

gaero
2nd May 2005, 12:06 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I get this most times when the engine revs to ~3000, coming from the same are ... put up with this for 15 months cause I'm worried about the mess holden with cause if they try to fix it ... windows down system up is my only solution

Anonymous
2nd May 2005, 12:42 PM
hahaha
good one gaero but you know its prolly just a case of taking the centre console out and twisting a bolt or tightening a nut? i dunno but i wouldnt be able to bare it...

kirssn
2nd May 2005, 12:59 PM

Dave
2nd May 2005, 01:07 PM
Ive had the same thing man....... took i to em they said they pulled the dash apart and went over everything, it did go away for a while but it just comes back and go's when it wants now......... windows down system up :)

Fungusfee
2nd May 2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah, i get the same thing sometimes. not always. i go by the rule 'if in doubt, give a clout', usually fixes it for a while :)

oneightoo
2nd May 2005, 01:58 PM
and i thought that way only ever fixed the tv

auzvectra
2nd May 2005, 02:00 PM
got the same thing, was able to stop it by pressing in different areas, but now it wont stop.
spoke to holden they said they'll just have a look at the next service, they recon it's prob just a loose screw or sumptin, the way they said it, sounds like they know what it is.

oneightoo
2nd May 2005, 02:04 PM
or they dont know and are very convincing

kirssn
2nd May 2005, 03:13 PM

auzvectra
2nd May 2005, 03:35 PM
if they dont fix it, i will.
just not gonna go to the trouble, when they do it for free.
since i wanna replace the lights in the dash and mfd wit blue led's, gotta check n c if it will look ok in the dash first, should do but.

Anonymous
2nd May 2005, 03:52 PM
i've had this problem for ages.

dont want to take it to holden, as i've recently had all my wires fixed after they stuffed up an aftermarket power window install... monkeys

heres my solution... hand this car to my brother, and never buy a gm again. :lol:

oneightoo
2nd May 2005, 03:53 PM
i say if it feels good.. do it..

Anonymous
2nd May 2005, 04:01 PM
my one and only true love...

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/509769.jpg

:cry:

i want one

1OPL2C
2nd May 2005, 06:09 PM
jst a question...
my rear brake light thing at the top of the rear window, the surrounding has gone losse and wen i pump d sub it rattles..
can i take it bak to holden to get fixed under warrenty?
or i would have to pay coz they will say my sub stuffed it up??

auzvectra
2nd May 2005, 06:42 PM
basically they olny HAVE to fix any rattles till ( i think ) 5000kms. but most of the time they will neway.

rjastra
3rd May 2005, 09:10 AM
Try getting a friend to press the trim round the windscreen demister vents when it happens.

Anotehr source maybe the eTag holder if you have one. Mine rattles when it get hots.

indigo28
3rd May 2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks everyone for responding. I guess I will speak with Holden and see what they say about it.
I noticed that I get the noise even at 2000 revs but its mostly after the engine has warmed up....Wierd.. :x

kirssn - if you could pls let me know the outcome from your visit to Holden.

One other thing...I got extended warranty from my dealer when I bought the car. Now does this mean I have to only go to this dealer for any problems or can I call up any Holden Service Station ?

kirssn
3rd May 2005, 10:01 AM