PDA

View Full Version : Prices for Enclosed Pods

lowey22
30th April 2005, 09:51 PM
I am chasing prices for a Green Cotton Air Filter Twister Filter. I have contacted about 10 of the suposed distributors but most didn't get back to me. a place up here in townsville said that they can get them but cant without the part number, which seems pretty stupid, im sure he could look it up somehow. i have checked many sites for these and the part numbers vary depending on which country and most dont have a good description or photo to work out if i have the right filter. I am getting pretty sick getting no where, so i thought someone of here might know something.

Also I know there are 2 other types of enclosed pods that are commonly used, just cant remember what they are called. if anyone knows the price of these (and where i can get them) that would be great too.

thanks! :D

Degen-Astra
30th April 2005, 10:41 PM
Piper Cross and Raid are the other two i can think of off the top of my head.

mixmelb
30th April 2005, 11:00 PM
Hey,

I've got those Green Cotton Air Filter Twister in my Vectra 2.2
I bought them from Auto Paris in Box Hill (VIC).
Auto Paris Service Centre
4 Rowern Crt
BOX HILL VIC 3128
Ph: (03) 9890 8822

Just tell them u need the 7cm diameter.

Sounds great once u installed them. They ain't cheap! I paid around $400ish installed 2 years ago.

I Hope that helps.

mixmelb
30th April 2005, 11:05 PM
Some pics of it...
http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=2035&highlight=

NB: I didn't put the sticker on..., I think I lost them, I dunno where I put them now... :(

lowey22
1st May 2005, 09:19 AM
thanks for that, it helps heaps. i might call those guys and see if they can help me out.

i think the others u can get are around the $350 mark as well? decisions decisions...

lowey22
3rd May 2005, 03:22 PM
any more on what others are available and how much they cost?

just got off the phone with Auto Paris Service Centre, they were very helpful and actually remembered your car. he gave me the part numbers so im going to ask my local guy here. he even offered that if i cant get any help up here that he will try to work out what i need and send it up! isnt it great when u get good service?!

break
3rd May 2005, 03:42 PM
fugg me thats expensive for a filter.

I'm keen on getting a shielded filter... but no way am I paying anywhere near that much :shock:

lowey22
3rd May 2005, 03:58 PM
just got off the phone, the guy up here can get it for $246.50. the fitting kit should be about $50-60. so about $300 all up.

it does seem like alot of money i guess. but they are a good filter and it is a very good setup, so what the hell :mrgreen:

break
3rd May 2005, 04:36 PM
Is it worth the extra $250 over a cheap reusable shielded filter for a 1-2hp gain at VERY best.

lowey22
3rd May 2005, 05:15 PM
cheap reusable shielded filter? where can i find this? half the problem is finding a filter that you can enclose in a shield and then duct both ends cleanly. u can buy shields, but they are generally only half shields.

if i can get a couple more hp by spending a bit extra, then i would say that it is worth it. just looking at ur signiture, what have u got in your car?

NUTTTR
3rd May 2005, 06:12 PM
Why not simply put a decent filter in the stock airbox, or better still use the holden filter and mod the in/out of the box for better flow?
Holden (paper) filters will filter the best..... if you get 1hp gain from a new foam filter you're lucky.... And the fact you are letting stuff into the engine that would never get through a paper filter.......
IMHO leave it, mod the box with bigger in/out and leave it..... no point in spending that much money...... You could do a cat-back and get better gains
Aaron

lowey22
3rd May 2005, 08:28 PM
the stock airbox and associated pipes have more bends than a enclosed pod setup. a paper filter is beta? there are so many opinions on what filters best; paper, foam (as in rompod), K'n'N or cotton. ive tried most of them in all different types of setups, so i might as well give this a try as well. ive got (some) money to burn...

CAL.16V
3rd May 2005, 08:35 PM
save a few hundred more and get a powerchip or unichip..

you are WASTING your money on a $300 filter..

if you want the sound, buy yourself a $50 or cheaper blitz or something pod off ebay and go to an exhaust shop or metal fabrications shop and they will make you a sealed inclosure for $100 roughly out of scrap metal

NUTTTR
3rd May 2005, 09:03 PM
save a few hundred more and get a powerchip or unichip..

you are WASTING your money on a $300 filter..

if you want the sound, buy yourself a $50 or cheaper blitz or something pod off ebay and go to an exhaust shop or metal fabrications shop and they will make you a sealed inclosure for $100 roughly out of scrap metal

He said it!!
I'd deffo save for a powerchip, at least that will give a REAL gain....

Stock may have more bends... wow...... make a new intake/output pipe....
Tests have been done, blah blah blah, but paper filters are ALWAYS better at filtering than foam, cone, pods, etc, etc, etc..... They are more restrictive, with smaller holes, bigger holes = dirt getting through, so whatever you like you can do, i've got a pod filter but never use it, got it cheap so got it and used it a few times and that's it....... sounds bloody loud as though

Aaron

mixmelb
3rd May 2005, 10:57 PM
Good to hear that AutoParis can help you. They're pretty good in terms of service.
I know that they're pretty expensive for filter. Peugeot WRC use them. So, u pay what u get.
U can wash them if it's dirty, no need to change the filter. It's cotton.
The sounds is very nice when u rev the car, like a high pitch noise (like a turbo car :lol: )
Well, that's just my opinion.... everyone of their own.

If u have more money to burn, get the BMC carbon filter. AutoParis also has them.

break
4th May 2005, 12:56 PM
Ebay has enclosed reusable PODs from $35.