PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when. . .

spo22a
27th April 2005, 02:32 PM
someone scratches your car while its parked and they dont leave a note?

Admittedly its a scratch on a minor area (very low on the bumper and below a corner), not many of my mates have pointed it out. . .but still, you have to question why someone would scratch your car and not bother to do anything about it.

Just wondering under what circumstances you would/wouldnt leave a note?

Would you leave a note if it was a 'normal' car and not leave a note say. . if it was an SLK or an M3 or boxter?

or would you just bail the scene anyways?

or would you only leave a note if it was 'serious' damage?

Jackson
27th April 2005, 03:09 PM
it's called insurance , people without are less liekely to bother, even some who do won't leave a note.

there are plenty of scumbags out there, i had a guy leave a note with all his details including his home phone and address,

so i ring up and he says he doesn't know what i am talking about, that's even stranger!

anyway, all i can say is BASTARDS :evil:

Anonymous
27th April 2005, 03:13 PM
do wot i do find 2 empty car spaces (side by side ) and park in the middle of the white or yellow line easy no doors hitting your car body and plenty of room :mrgreen:

a_manda
27th April 2005, 03:18 PM
i think it depends on the conscious of the person hitting your car. if they care they will leave a note, but i think 95% of people will tend to drive off.

a guy reversed into me he left his business card on the windscreen, simply because he was driving a company car so he had to lodge an accident form anyway.

it's just one of those things you're lucky or you're not ...

Nem
27th April 2005, 03:54 PM
I got left the number of the guy who backed into and knocked over my motorbike when it was parked in a MOTORCYCLE park. Didnt help much though. His insurance company screwed me over a bit and never truely fixed the cracked fairing. But I guess I was lucky enough to get paid out for it.

Namus
27th April 2005, 05:50 PM
yeah most ppl won't leave a note; as was said above, because they don't have insurance in the first place;

or if they do, they don't want to stuff up their 'no-claim' bonus, over, in their minds, such a 'trivial' matter... :evil:

Fungusfee
27th April 2005, 06:14 PM
it's always the nice cars that attracts all the shit...or anyone with a shit car doesn't really care :)

aussie_in_london
27th April 2005, 07:52 PM
you will be suprised
some people witness others hitting cars and write down the number plate and car/colour etc and place it on the car that was hit
I have done that because the damage was probably going to cost the owner in excess of £1000

aussie_in_london
27th April 2005, 07:53 PM
im off today to see a company to remove a small dent from the back wheel arch that the ding guys cant get out
gonna cost me about £150 abd that was done in a car park

oneightoo
27th April 2005, 07:56 PM
you will be suprised
some people witness others hitting cars and write down the number plate and car/colour etc and place it on the car that was hit
I have done that because the damage was probably going to cost the owner in excess of £1000

which is roughly $2443.53 in aussie dollars

oneightoo
27th April 2005, 07:57 PM
im off today to see a company to remove a small dent from the back wheel arch that the ding guys cant get out
gonna cost me about £150 abd that was done in a car park

which is roughly $366.53 in aussie dollars

frankie9fingers
30th April 2005, 04:27 AM
I've reversed into a car once and bystanders saw it happen so i got out my pen and paper and wrote:
"sorry, i acidently reversed my car into yours and others saw it. So they thinking i'm giving you my drivers licence details. Suckers!!" I folded the paper and pryed the door open just enough to slip it onto the front seat.
hehe nah, i kidding... i just took off!

i'm joking peeps! i just make sure i park my car nexto nice cars who also care about chipping the paint off their door.

Slimcraigie
30th April 2005, 06:24 AM
Some to55er parked too close to me once when I had my Cavalier (vectra A) and cracked the rear number plate and scuffed my bumper, I moved my car a bit when we came back to it and kicked off his towbar electrics then left him a note to say I had exacted my revenge to the value of what my repair costs would come to, we drove off about 10 miles with big grins on our faces when we were rear ended on the motorway the car was written off and me the wife and the 3 kids ended up in hospital and I had months of physiotherapy.................... I hate it when bad karma happens :cry:

oneightoo
30th April 2005, 10:39 AM
karma of the vengeful elephant

The Sentinel
30th April 2005, 10:30 PM
do wot i do find 2 empty car spaces (side by side ) and park in the middle of the white or yellow line easy no doors hitting your car body and plenty of room :mrgreen:hehe.... I'm sure people would be more inclined to "accidentally" key your car in protest of your k-rad parking skillz. :-)

Namus
1st May 2005, 09:11 AM
yeah i'd probably be tempted to do that; have been tempted at uni where knobs can't park straight or don't bother to straighten up

Anonymous
1st May 2005, 09:45 AM
do wot i do find 2 empty car spaces (side by side ) and park in the middle of the white or yellow line easy no doors hitting your car body and plenty of room :mrgreen:

when a Ferrari does it its more than accpetable and very appritiated (why you would want to even park next to one baffles me :screwy: )
but when something a corsa or an astra does that it would just be seen as annoying :P