PDA

View Full Version : Film on windscreen, how to remove?

MiksOpel
25th April 2005, 01:23 PM
Driving one very humid country night, my front windscreen instantly fogged up.
I couldnt see infront of me even with my highbeams, and worst of all, the demister on full,
The problem is on the outside, and i cant seem to get rid of it, no amount of scrubbing works, even in the rain, it seems as though theres some film that the wipers just smudge around.

How can i get rid of this!!!!!? I cant stand visibility problems!!

Mr T
25th April 2005, 03:26 PM
Clean with Mr Sheen:

First, spray generously all over window, wipe with paper towel, then get clean paper towel and clean off all traces of the mr sheen. You wont get streaks if you remove all of the Mr Sheen.

Then when your driving and you get fog, put the heater on with the air con on as well on the window vents. You'll have crystal clear glass.

I use Mr Sheen for all glass items inside the house (I have glass Coffee and Dinning tables)

MiksOpel
25th April 2005, 04:13 PM
i'll give it a go, thank you

Petey
25th April 2005, 06:26 PM
:idea:

Get yourself some glass cleaner with no ammonia, stuff like EagleOne 20/20, Mothers, Meguiars or Autoglym fast glass. EagleOne 20/20 is a personal favourite at about $8-$9. Cheap & does the job...

Spray on ur glass & use a Microfibre cloth to clean off the residue on there. If it's a bit thick do it again until its all cleared. Then clean ur wiper blades as well so that no further residue is smudged onto ur glass.

If you wanna do it asap & don't have time to go shopping, use a couple of tablespoons of vinegar in a half litre of water to clean it up, grab a few sheets of newspaper & wrap into a big ball & use that to clean ur glass. very cheap & easy with great results.

If the residue is thick or still present then switch to a dishwashing liquid in water instead to clean the glass. Be careful as it could strip ur wax/sealant and you'll need to reapply it afterwards...

You may have most of this stuff at home, so give it a shot...Good luck...

:?