PDA

View Full Version : Scratch on wheel

Adrian
22nd April 2005, 09:51 AM
Just got my car back from service, and they kindly rotated my tires (i didnt ask for that to be done) anyways i wasnt complaining.

However this morning i just noticed a scratch on my rim, deep enough to get your nail into, maybe 2 or 3cm long. :shock: wasnt there last time i checked about a week ago and its the sorta scratch that could only happen when the wheel was off the car.

Anyone know where i stand on this????

Anonymous
22nd April 2005, 10:28 AM
wait till u hit a few more gutters and rocks potholes and other objects then get them resprayed

oneightoo
22nd April 2005, 10:31 AM
if you are certain the scratch occured at the service, go and talk to them, tell them they ruined your rim, demand they replace it.. they might say ok sure we will, or they might laugh at you.. legally, you'd want to making contact sooner rather than later, if you leave it too long they can argue it happened while you were driving.. but i'd go and ask them about it..

you dont get if you dont ask..

OPC
22nd April 2005, 10:37 AM
mine have been deeply scratched... s h i t happens :lol:

Adrian
22nd April 2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah but who scratched your rims? u or somone else?

If i scratched it i would be pissed off with my self, but like you said shit happens, but its no one elses right to scratch my rims is it?

no1joey
22nd April 2005, 01:37 PM
talk to them calmly tell them it wasnt there wen u droped it off, and the fact that they rotated ur wheels WITHOUT u askinf them to only strengthens ur case, u should get it fixed, if they dig thier heels in, u can get a lawyer. its called profesional negligence. use that as ur scret weapon at the end of the going-no-where conversation

Anonymous
22nd April 2005, 01:52 PM
is it really worth spending the oney to do that though? i think you should just go in and talk to them and if they refuse i dont think its worth taking the matter further but knowing holden from past expierences the probably will refuse :( :bang:

Adrian
22nd April 2005, 02:02 PM
at the end of the day it would cost like $50 to respray the rim, its not really worth the hassle of getting a lawyer, but i will go talk to them, thanks for the comments guys.

if anyone has had a similar experience feel free to let me know?

Namus
22nd April 2005, 04:01 PM
yeah the lawyer probably charges double that per hour.. :bang:

oneightoo
22nd April 2005, 04:16 PM
take them to jude judy

Namus
22nd April 2005, 04:24 PM
judge* u idiot... :lol: :lol: :bang:

no1joey
22nd April 2005, 04:58 PM
i dont mean get an actual lawyer, just use it as a last shot if they keep saying get lost, cause IF u were rich u could get a lawyer. people have sued for dumber things.

OPC
22nd April 2005, 05:34 PM
try n prove they did it ade... nah i dont see it happening

NUTTTR
26th April 2005, 04:39 PM
Good luck proving it..... they will just say "our procedures are to... blah blah blah" and "i guarantee it was there when it came in" mine left the repairs with 3 big big scratches, i.e. gouges on the wheel, they were there before i went it, i've got photo's of it without scratches from before it went in, after it had them, they reckon the camera angle doesn't show the scratches.... Good luck is all i say!
I plan on getting mine redone anyway sometime.... brake dust has started to get stuck into them!
Aaron

mrbenno
27th April 2005, 11:17 AM
I just had a similar experience with Holden and taking them to court will not get you far.

Your best bet is small claims because you cannot take legal representation to small claims, which is good because they will have better lawyers then you.

The only way of getting them to do the right thing is trying to pursuade them, mentioning that you are in a car club (don't say which one) and that you will post your experiences online for all club members to see might have some affect, but it could border on slander if you cannot prove your case. So don't let them know which club your in. (ie remove OpelAUS sticker/s)

I am finding that from now on I will photograph my car and get everything in writing.

I have only found 1 good dealer so far and that is Westpoint at Indooroopilly for anyone in Brisbane who needs a decent dealer.

Best of luck with getting your wheel fixed.

sri22m
3rd May 2005, 10:03 AM
I would like to know where in Sydney's west, do they fix and respray the alloy wheels.

Adrian
3rd May 2005, 10:10 AM
Hey guys thought i would let you all know, i went into holden yesturday was there for over an hour. Along with the scratch i mention in my previous post, the rims were scratched around the nut holes, basically by someone who doesnt know how to use a rattle gun. According to holden these scratches around the nut holes are common and they or no one else will do anything about them as they happen all the time.

On this note, i think thats bull**** if the wheels can be put on and pulled on numerous times including by holden in the factory, then why do they scratch them when rotating tires or pulling them off the car for a service?

But on a better note the result was that the scratch will be repaired, i have my spare on at the moment (whats this maxium 80km/h warning :shock: ) and ill have my rim repainted by holden and back in a week.

sri22m i assume that holden should be able to do it, depends how much they will charge ill be intrested to know, depending how bad it is you can repair it your self with a bit of putty and paint.

Assada
3rd May 2005, 12:55 PM
personally i don't worry too much about my wheels getting scraped. the problem is after u get them repainted they'll prolly get hit somewhere again.

oneightoo
3rd May 2005, 01:03 PM
80k on your spare? what the? my spare is the same as my 4 normal tyres, only difference is its not on the alloy rim??? do you have one of those cheapo ones they put in cars nowadays? that are about 5cm's wide??

Adrian
3rd May 2005, 01:15 PM
I dont worry too much about scraping my wheels, but when someone else wants to do that for me i have a problem with that....

nah its a 16in rim with a Pirelli P6000 205 60 R16 on it and bright sticker maxium 80km/h

oneightoo
3rd May 2005, 01:19 PM
bugger, that would suck, especially when your car just wants to go..

Adrian
3rd May 2005, 01:44 PM
:oops: well i got the shits in traffic this morning and ended up doing faster than was recommended on the tire, i dont really think anything would happen its a normal wheel as far as im concearned.

JP Dyno
3rd May 2005, 09:49 PM
I picked up my car when i bought it new, all very excited being my first new car and the second car ive ever bought. It was 6pm and getting dark. I did a few circles checking it out and didnt notice anything. Dealer said have a look tomorrow in the daytime and call me if anythings wrong. I drove all night, parked in a million spots. next day: big scratch.
could very well have been me. i dont know. i tried to be careful but i couldnt prove anything.

doesnt matter now. not half as bad as the rim i dropped face down on ashphalt when i was changing my tyre B-( Ill get them fixed soon now that im keeping the car